Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 44431 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2017, 06:08:14 pm »

I've been getting 30 FPS with occasional drops to 20 FPS, on what should be a relatively good laptop, so it seems to be unop...

WAit. Have I been running it on the integrated card?

Okay, so I got 30 fps with an integrated card, which is playable, since most of your time is spent paused anyway.

But my god 60 fps is so much smoother.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2017, 06:27:39 pm »

I should mention to anyone trying to run this on lower end systems, the game seems at least decently optimized, but long stretches of playtime seem to slow the game down a bit. There might be a memory leak or some kind of failure in garbage collection in the current version.

I still really enjoy this game but I've gotten to the point I'm succeeding routinely, often without any super special awesome gear. And when I get a handful of cash I quickly can get a large varied pile of gear and then take completely bonkers missions and have like a 90% success rate. Still fun but I think I've both unlocked enough things I can get a good set of items trivially plus I seem to understand the game well enough to do things quickly and easily now.

I also rescued GUNINANRUNINs character Drifter midthunder just now. I prepared... Quite a bit and was underwhelmed by the bullshit minimal security around them... I'm starting to think glitchers ships are easymode.

Edit: By the way if anyone wants my stupidly named bullshit or to recive occasional nonsense my steam is here
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:29:26 pm by Gunner-Chan »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2017, 08:01:32 pm »

Shoot, they're all good. Probably either the subverter or the gun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2017, 08:19:13 pm »

I got another chance to rescue Orange Psalm, so here's to hoping!

Just retired someone with a Self-Charging Emergency Shield, since everything else I had was pretty basic or my Sexcalibur.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:10 pm »

I ended up getting this game too. So far I've gotten myself into bad situations and died a lot of times.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:57 pm »

I've never died, and only been captured twice.  The game is too easy.

I once escaped a ship with less than a second to spare by using the visitor to teleport out.
Shoes...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2017, 10:51:42 pm »

Visiting outside the ship when the countdown is less than 2 seconds should probably just automatically get you captured when you get pulled back. Otherwise it's a little cheesy.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2017, 12:06:19 am »

Based on the game's explanation on teleportation, as soon as you hit the trigger you're already dead anyway /insidejokes /glitcherjokes  :P

My third Stronghold liberation with the same character, and I must say..forget what I said a few posts before about being able to take control of the ship once you've set its route. I had 1 second and couldn't change it.
My character has the perfect loadout, and I was in the middle of a ship with nothing close to escape. But there were Swappers and Sidewinders lying around, along with my self-charging Sidewinder..so I activated a Slipstream, swapped with a corpse, opened a door so I could Sidewinder, and used another Sidewinder to get on a window room. Shot it with a shotgun, and I kid you not as soon as I am sucked out to space, the shit hit the fan ship hit the station.
I was sure I was dead because it lagged for a second, but nope. With the Angel Pod intact, it was a clean, calculated escape - no biggie.
Carina Phact definitely had to change her pants, though.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2017, 12:35:09 am »

I'm starting to think firing missiles from another ship is broken as hell. It's not a great image but with enough practice, you can surgically disarm and dismantle any ship so long as you have another of the same faction so they don't immediately open fire on you. You can target specific cells if you're careful and just slice up enemy ships like nothing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2017, 12:42:23 am »

Based on the game's explanation on teleportation, as soon as you hit the trigger you're already dead anyway /insidejokes /glitcherjokes  :P

Nah, you just fry the body. The pattern lives on~

I love that dialogue option you get...

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2017, 12:48:10 am »

How well optimized is this thing? I only have a low-end laptop to run it on, and I got burned by that last time I sprung for a new game (Hollow Knight runs at sub-30 fps on my machine).

Oof, looking at my system info...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...it meets the requirements listed on the Steam page, but... have any of you guys tried running it on slower machines?

I run the game on a desktop with much lower specs all around, and generally it's very playable at around 30 FPS until the memory leak kicks in. I think your system should be fine to run it.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2017, 01:04:44 am »

I run it fine on my laptop, which has an i7-6500 and an Intel HD Graphics 520, if that's any help.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2017, 02:44:36 am »

After a few hours the game might need a restart on some maschines.

So I unlocked "super shotguns" for my area a while ago, but they never showed up, even after 15+ shop refreshes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2017, 02:46:48 am »

Don't look in the name, it's a modifier for other shotgun types. I didn't actually know I had a super shotgun until I fired it and saw like twice the pellets.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2017, 02:59:34 am »

8 vs 16, aye

Also if I find "nothing special" one more time, man... I only retire self-charging master pieces, like a remote, restockable nade, self charging everything.... and I keep finding this dinky useless sword.

PS: If you detonate a remote subverter and a remove knock-out nade at the same time, shielded targets won't get knocked out, even if they are "hacked" afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:42:48 am by ThtblovesDF »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23