Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 32853 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 11 - Looting and an Actual Town
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2016, 01:10:05 pm »

Pay for the meal, a private room and then meditate in it before resting
Ckaeyod: -15cp meal and board, 1sp 225cp remaining

[1] Your meditation goes badly, maybe something is on your mind. Like the fact that in your very soul you now know that the one you believed a god is only a demigod. Sometimes secrets are better left hidden right~? All you need is to have people worship you and figure out how to absorb that faith and your on his level~
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2016, 01:25:30 pm »

Pay for the meal, a private room and then meditate in it before resting
Ckaeyod: -15cp meal and board, 1sp 225cp remaining

[1] Your meditation goes badly, maybe something is on your mind. Like the fact that in your very soul you now know that the one you believed a god is only a demigod. Sometimes secrets are better left hidden right~? All you need is to have people worship you and figure out how to absorb that faith and your on his level~

"You never said who that true God is,but I know the answer.. And it's the Silver God!"
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TheCurruption

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Not Evil~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2016, 01:38:05 pm »

Well, whatever you want to believe~ Till next time you need help~ Oh though I do have a warning for you~ You need to keep up the mediation and stay calm~ Your power might slip out and actually corrupt you which will help neither of us~
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:44:45 pm by TheCurruption »
I only want to help you and maybe share some secrets~!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2016, 01:47:16 pm »

((The Turn is being Processed Finished))

((Because there were so many quotes involved and it is hard to read I will be doing a tldr version under a spoiler with the persons actions))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 04:08:10 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 12 - Town Action Round Up
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2016, 03:56:29 pm »

Turn 12 - Town Action Round Up

Spoiler: Arienne's Actions (click to show/hide)
TLDR: After a quick query to the guard captain Arienne heads off to the only place in town that sells books or anything related to magic. It is a small odds and ends shop filled to the brim with the strangest of things. Ignoring all of it because she can't spot any books Arienne heads directly to the counter where and old and kind looking lady is and she asks where the books are. The lady behind the counter smiles and informs here that even the cheapest book is worth at least 100sp and even then only if in bad condition so quite smartly the lady keeps them locked up along with anything else of real value. Then the lady asks Arienne if she is looking for anything in particular. Arienne asks what the cheapest book is. The lady feeling this question is a bit blunt and probably showing a lack of money tells Arienne that she probably can't afford it anyway but that she(the lady) doesn't make a habit of informing random people what she has to help prevent thieves from targeting her then asks if Arienne has any category she is interested in or she can just be fine with what is on the shelves. Arienne in a huff silently leaves the building though not before making a rude gesture towards the lady. Sighing Arienne heads to the inn and after paying for meal and board, eats her dinner and heads off to bed.

((Important things learned. Everyday magic such as being able to conjure a bit of drinking water or start a campfire is common and you can buy lessons on such things at an Adventurers Guild. You can self learn magic if you can figure out how to manipulate it which is easier if someone can point you in the right direction. Also remember while a fantasy setting, books are not wide spread and as far as the group currently knows comes in only one kind, Handwritten.))

Spoiler: Takashi's Actions (click to show/hide)
TLDR: Takashi awkwardly looks around for a moment before asking the guard captain if there was a nice place to relax at. For instance something like a sauna or hot spring. With that the guard captain barks out a laugh and comments how he would like that as well. He then informs Takashi that sadly there is only the tavern in town and the tells her the cost of meal and board. Takashi then gets a cocky grin and asks if he would would dual with her and the winner gets a favor from the loser. The guard captain is highly offended by this and goes on a rant about how any guard in this town who would do something fool hardy like that and ends up hurt enough to not be able to go on duty would be instantly dismissed and then promptly exiled from the town. Takashi wanders off after saying the offer stands. After a good bit of wandering though Takashi doesn't really find anything of interest though does notice a forest elf is running the alchemy shop. She finds out from him that he was exiled for liking plants a little too much even for the famous plant lovers that forest elves are (that and heretical plant research). Upon realizing any topic besides plants is likely to be ineffective Takashi leaves the shop and heads towards the inn. Upon arriving there for some drinks the bartender up-sells her into buying room and board for the night.

Spoiler: Yanethi's Actions (click to show/hide)
TLDR: Yanethi offers to take a look at the magical staff but doesn't get a chance to test his knowledge so instead he goes to the inn and pays for room and board. Then after his meal heads off to bed.

TLDR: Ckaeyod asks Karlan about the staff he got from the variant goblin. Karlan hands out some of the silver he got before writing that the staff was 'magic' and maybe 'Yanethi' might like it or know about it, Ckaeyod isn't quite sure which. With that Yanethi is about to offer his help in identifing the staff when Ckaeyod takes the staff after mentioning he might know something. With that Ckaeyod uses his psionic powers to perform psychometry on it and suddenly a flood of information assults his mind. He now knows everything about it ((seriously, take look because there is a lot on it)) but the basics is it helps those who are learning classical elemental magic for the first time and costs a good bit. Having a bit on his mind Ckaeyod then heads to the inn and pays for meal and board. Before heading to bed he decides a bit of meditation is a good idea. Sadly it doesn't quite work so he instead spends the time trying to convince himself that his god is the real god.

((Important things learned. We are using the Japanese classical elements which are Earth, Water, Air, Fire, and Void.))

The next morning everyone wakes up. [6]Yanethi feels that her skill in the spear has gone up. [6]Karlan after going over his experience with salvaging the goblins feels he will do even better in the future. [5]Ckaeyod upon waking feels that his rage is burning deep in his heart raising his psionics to a new level, whether this will be good for him or not is the question. [6]Unnoticed by him consciously his ability to bend reality itself has also slightly expanded though still beyond his control. [6]Takashi akwakes feeling that her ability to wield the scythe now matches her other weapon skills.

Now that another morning has dawned the group can head out. Will they go to the guard captain to inquire about the task he had even though it would delay their moving on? Maybe they will head towards the center of the world by going out the left gate or possibly to the right and the farther into the kingdom they are currently in. Either of those options will likely lead to an Adventurers Guild.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 04:00:22 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 12 - Town Action Round Up
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2016, 04:42:37 pm »

Center of the world sounds good.

In the meantime, Arienne picks up two sticks, one smaller and one larger. Wielding the smaller one as one might hold a stereotypical wand, she points it at the other stick with a flick of her wrist several times, muttering "Ignite" each time.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2016, 05:23:19 pm »

Center of the world sounds good.

((I second this notion.))

"This burning heat in my heart.. I'll use it to god's will."
Feeling empowered by the rage and somewhat more sure of his good fortune than usual, Ckaeyod added, "Getting to the center of the world is our best option, it's likely the most populous and developed area. We can expect employment to wait for us there as well. That's my portion of the vote."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2016, 06:24:28 pm »

Arienne looks up from her stick experiments for a moment, semi-distracted, and agrees;

"Yes, probably very populated, but I have a question. What jobs do you think we may pick up?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2016, 06:40:10 pm »

"I also say let us head towards the most populous areas; but then also I ask - to what good? I travel to prove myself worth meeting. And you? As for jobs - ha, well. I can fish, and I can sail. Possibly not much use in the centre of the world. Anyway, enough chitter chatter as the fat doctor would say - let's go."

Second (third?) the choice of centre of the world.

Yanethi, for the meantime, is happy just to wander on - he is aimless, but this company seems safer than none.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2016, 11:53:30 pm »

Arienne looks up from her stick experiments for a moment, semi-distracted, and agrees;

"Yes, probably very populated, but I have a question. What jobs do you think we may pick up?"

"Humans are twisted creatures naturally.. I blame us for none of this, we can't help it. Given that innate evil, our jobs will likely be less than savory. We might end up killing beasts, we might end up extorting money from a pauper. Who knows?"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2016, 06:02:19 am »

Karlan has no real opinion. He holds up the staff, and offers it to Yanethi, Ckaeyod and Arienne in turn, letting the first one who wants to keep it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 07:30:49 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2016, 06:25:05 am »

Karlan has no real opinion. He holds up the staff, and offers it to Yanethi, Ckaeyod and Arienne in turn, letting the first one who wants to keep it.

Grab it like the greedy fucker I am.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2016, 07:00:43 am »

Arienne looks up from her stick trickery (Stickery?) and glares at Ckaeyod.

"Aren't you in communion with the dark gods or something? Or at least, the gods of exploding heads? Do you REALLY need a staff of wait what does the staff even do? I'm personally trying to obtain knowledge of magic, to transcend the mundane, and I think an actual staff of magical quality may assist me in my studies.

I mean, sure, you can keep it if you want, but, you'd be being a greedy asshole.
"

Arienne doesn't even notice that she doesn't instinctively try to use her "seductive" charms upon Ckaeyod.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2016, 07:22:52 am »

Arienne looks up from her stick trickery (Stickery?) and glares at Ckaeyod.

"Aren't you in communion with the dark gods or something? Or at least, the gods of exploding heads? Do you REALLY need a staff of wait what does the staff even do? I'm personally trying to obtain knowledge of magic, to transcend the mundane, and I think an actual staff of magical quality may assist me in my studies.

I mean, sure, you can keep it if you want, but, you'd be being a greedy asshole.
"

Arienne doesn't even notice that she doesn't instinctively try to use her "seductive" charms upon Ckaeyod.

Cringing at the 'dark gods' comment and taking a complete and total tonal shift (possibly as a result) Ckaeyod looks Arienne right in the eyes. "Don't talk about that so loudly. And it's no God, don't even suggest that. As for the staff.. fine, keep it. I doubt it'll do you much good as a harlot lacks the skill required to make us of it."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2016, 07:31:25 am »

Yanethi gets first dibs.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16