Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 32945 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 11 - Looting and an Actual Town
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2016, 09:52:44 pm »

228sp 319cp
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2016, 09:55:41 pm »

Karlan pays for a bed and a meal at the tavern, then spends the rest of the evening hunting rats.
Karlan: -15cp meal and board, 1sp 37cp remaining

After getting a room you get a hankering for a bit of rat hunting. This town might not be the towniest town but a town it is still. [2] Sadly the rats seem to be adept at avoiding you. [3] In fact if it wasn't for the fact every town has rats you would almost suspect this one doesn't.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2016, 10:57:00 pm »

"Magic.. I might know something about it then."
Attempt to discern it's purpose via psychometry, which would essentially be the psionic version of a knowledge check(?)

You hold the staff in your hand and focus upon it. [6] Suddenly a flood of information invades your head. This staff was made by an apprentice to prove himself to his master. While successful it is more of a training item rather than functional. The best thing that could be said about it is that it does help with the strain of spellcasting. Perfect for someone new to the craft. It is limited to the classical magic elements. While not an amazing tool, because of its ability to help beginners this item is worth more then a basic amplifier staffs. This is because nobles like them for their children to get an edge on commoner mages by letting them start younger without danger. The wood it is crafted with is from the branch of a 1032 year old birch. This was meant to represent protection and common everyday work instead of being connected to any specific order. The slightly glowing gem is a shard of quartz heart. While a common gem normally and just a shard at that this was a part of a gem heart. These are formed in only the biggest of veins at the very center and are naturally charged with magic. Used in the staff to represent clarity of mind forsaking the usual use of quartz as a power storage medium to the point that only the barest glow remains. The base of the staff is capped in copper which is used as a representation of balance and while unseen there are runes carved on the inside of the cap which further this and allow the remaining power from the quartz crystal to flow through the whole staff providing a minor boost to sturdiness. Overall the staff was well made and even its stay with the goblins couldn't damage it. You see that this item was indeed the source of the variant goblin. This staff was lost by a young and brash noble along the road at one point and stayed there for 4 years until a goblin newly born chose it as it's club. Over a month went by and as the goblin grew the staff promoted a clearer train of thought then any goblin has a right to. Finally the goblin using its clarity of mind killed the leader of its tribe and overnight its brain bulged out and it became a variant. The latest owner is a being with a squid head. He managed to loot it along with everything else the previous owners tribe had that was of value. You see that if sold somewhere that knows what it is you can get ~60sp and if you found a noble with a young child who hasn't attempted to learn magic yet you might even be able to get a gold for it though this is a matter of luck.

((Just as a note, classical elements in this case will be going with the Japanese elements. This matches the Greek elements of Earth, Water, Air, and Fire except instead of Aether there is Void. Wiki link for those who care))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2016, 11:36:42 pm »

Arienne inquires as to the title of the cheapest book.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2016, 11:56:53 pm »

Arienne inquires as to the title of the cheapest book.

[2] "hmph, if you have to ask you probably can't afford it. I also don't have a habit of telling people what information like that out as it just attracts thieves. Either give me a category your interested in or just be fine with what I have out on the shelves."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2016, 12:23:35 am »

Ckaeyod blinked hard and shook his head slightly, it had been a long time since he had to use psychometry, and he had somewhat forgotten how sudden the flow of information is. Quickly righting himself mentally, he spoke- "Interesting.. Given that this staff enhances elemental magic, Yanethi may benefit from this. Not sure if that odd nature magic he uses falls under elemental magic though.. I'd like to see it if you don't mind, Karlan. "

Take staff if Karlan's cool with it, pay for private room, meditate for a bit and sleep.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2016, 01:17:54 am »

((Just to note it does not enhancing magic. All it does is help with the strain. If we were using a system where you had a certain amount of mana to play with this staff would reduce the cost of spells by a little and protect people attempting an elemental magic they don't have a skill for (basically negating some penalties for nat 1 rolls) that goes away once you have the skill. Oh and it would work for anything Yanethi does that is directly elementally aligned. Affecting the local weather would but affecting some fish to come near a boat would not.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2016, 06:23:06 am »

Arienne silently but angrily makes a rude gesture towards the old lady, before backing out of the shop. With a sigh, she decides just to head to bed.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2016, 09:48:46 pm »

Arienne silently but angrily makes a rude gesture towards the old lady, before backing out of the shop. With a sigh, she decides just to head to bed.
Arienne: -15cp room and board, 228sp 304cp remaining

You can't see it since your leaving but you can just feel her smirk and knowing look, judging you as being poor and unable to afford her wares. That out of the way you head to the inn and the off to bed after a meal.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:59 am »

Try to buy something nice to drink at he tavern place my second head on the table.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2016, 01:30:21 pm »

Try to buy something nice to drink at he tavern place my second head on the table.
((Okay, I must have missed it, even looking back I can't find it. What second head?))

When you go to order your drinks the guy behind the bar asks if you plan to also stay the night because getting a meal and a room together costs less and you get a couple drinks along with the meal.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2016, 02:23:13 pm »

((it's in her picture recall? So she's had it this whole time....))
"That sounds nice sure."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2016, 06:47:24 pm »

((it's in her picture recall? So she's had it this whole time....))
"That sounds nice sure."
((Going to be honest. Didn't see it till you pointed it out))
Takashi: -15cp, 32sp 9cp remaining

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2016, 08:26:45 pm »

Pay for the meal, a private room and then meditate in it before resting
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16