Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 32838 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 12 - Town Action Round Up
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2016, 07:58:28 pm »

((Turn Being Processed))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 13 - Maybe Magic
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2016, 08:22:22 pm »

Turn 13 - Maybe Magic

Center of the world sounds good.
((I second this notion.))

"This burning heat in my heart.. I'll use it to god's will."
Feeling empowered by the rage and somewhat more sure of his good fortune than usual, Ckaeyod added, "Getting to the center of the world is our best option, it's likely the most populous and developed area. We can expect employment to wait for us there as well. That's my portion of the vote."
Arienne looks up from her stick experiments for a moment, semi-distracted, and agrees;

"Yes, probably very populated, but I have a question. What jobs do you think we may pick up?"
"I also say let us head towards the most populous areas; but then also I ask - to what good? I travel to prove myself worth meeting. And you? As for jobs - ha, well. I can fish, and I can sail. Possibly not much use in the centre of the world. Anyway, enough chitter chatter as the fat doctor would say - let's go."

Second (third?) the choice of centre of the world.

Yanethi, for the meantime, is happy just to wander on - he is aimless, but this company seems safer than none.
"Humans are twisted creatures naturally.. I blame us for none of this, we can't help it. Given that innate evil, our jobs will likely be less than savory. We might end up killing beasts, we might end up extorting money from a pauper. Who knows?"
Karlan has no real opinion. He holds up the staff, and offers it to Yanethi, Ckaeyod and Arienne in turn, letting the first one who wants to keep it.
Grab it like the greedy fucker I am.
Arienne looks up from her stick trickery (Stickery?) and glares at Ckaeyod.

"Aren't you in communion with the dark gods or something? Or at least, the gods of exploding heads? Do you REALLY need a staff of wait what does the staff even do? I'm personally trying to obtain knowledge of magic, to transcend the mundane, and I think an actual staff of magical quality may assist me in my studies.

I mean, sure, you can keep it if you want, but, you'd be being a greedy asshole.
"

Arienne doesn't even notice that she doesn't instinctively try to use her "seductive" charms upon Ckaeyod.
Cringing at the 'dark gods' comment and taking a complete and total tonal shift (possibly as a result) Ckaeyod looks Arienne right in the eyes. "Don't talk about that so loudly. And it's no God, don't even suggest that. As for the staff.. fine, keep it. I doubt it'll do you much good as a harlot lacks the skill required to make us of it."
Yanethi gets first dibs.
Arienne, too, cringes when she hears the word "Harlot".

"People can change. You think I was a... you think I was... you think I did that thing because I wanted to? That I had a choice? No. It's called survival. It's a thing I'm rather good at. Also, I think it's just grand to hear a cultist lecture a former prostitute about her questionable life choices."

((I know. This is all if Mallos gets it.))
"Cultist? I'm a cultist?" Ckaeyod twitches a bit at the accusation, grabs the icon around his neck with a white-knuckle grip and utters prayers to the Silver God in hopes of being able to restrain himself from saying or doing anything further.
"Can you yourself say, with any confidence, that you're not?"
"Say nothing more. This goes no further." Ckaeyod is clearly trying his best not to rend her mind or body, as he's starting to noticeably work up a sweat and shake slightly.
Arienne takes note of his apparent stress and begins speaking rather quickly.

"Although you know all that stuff I just said it has nothing to do with your personality no you're a very valuable member of the team and I can see that you're even now trying to hold back from detonating my cranium and I really appreciate that and would appreciate it even more if you continued to do so."

She also backs away.
Takashi eventually comes down looking tired yawning.
Karlan hands the staff to Ckaeyod, resisting the impulse to throw it at someone's head.
Ckaeyod smiles. "Thank you, Karlan."
"Harlot." Ckaeyod called for Arienne's by the name he gave her and hurled the staff her way at full force. "The staff eases elemental magic use, and as such I have no direct use for it. Even if it makes it slightly easier, you still won't master magic. Ever. Say the things you did a moment ago again and I will lash your mind so hard you can't speak. That's an oath, not a threat."
Arienne tensed up for a moment, tingling with fury, before suddenly relaxing.

"And what you said just then was not an insult, but a challenge.

I shall learn how to do SOMETHING useful with this stave. You shalt see.
"
Arienne discards the smaller of her sticks and instead begins waving the stave menacingly at the remaining stick, muttering under her breath "Ignite".

After breakfast the group leaves the inn. Quickly deciding they want to head forward and actually agreeing on a direction they manage to hold up the leaving of town with a quick tiff. Ckaeyod decided he wants the Novice Classical Element Stabilizing Staff made of Millennial Birch topped by a Shard of Quartz Heart and capped on the bottom with Copper which from now on will be referred to as the Stabilizing Birch Staff. After some name calling he manages to get it then promptly with an insult and a threat, just gives it to Arienne anyway. A bit of head scratching later and they head out the leftward gate towards the center of the world.

As the group travels down the road Arienne discards her attempts with lighting a fire with two sticks and proceeds to attempt some fire magic. A whispered word and a wave of her stave and [3] the area around the remaining stick gets a tiny bit warmer, maybe. Ckaeyod laughs at this while Yanethi seems to watch closely, maybe he can provide some help, if he feels like it. Though Arienne feels that maybe if she imagined((described)) what she is doing a bit more specifically there might be more of a result.

Farther along the road [5] the group sees a trading caravan traveling in the direction they are going. It is a bit slower than they are traveling so the group can easily catch up to it. There seems to be a few guards riding along side it and while covered with what looks like rough burlap even from here the group can tell the wagons are brightly colored, most likely to attract attention when they are setup for selling. [5] The caravan's guards notice the group but [5] do not take an aggressive stance, whether from being friendly or assuming your group wouldn't be a threat even if you where violent.

How does the group deal with this? [3] One person in the group did take a quick look at a map of the area and they [5] remember perfectly that ahead there is a fork in the road because of a forest. The caravan will likely take the longer and slower route for safety reasons so if the group wants they could just slow down and take the forest road if no one wants to do a meet and greet with the traders.

((Note: With magic once you have a process down for a spell or just learn a spell you can go waving wands and say words to fireball your enemies. Before that though your going to have to describe how you are trying to manipulate your mana and affect the world. So far the magic/psionics that have been used have been things that were presumably practiced already such as moving things with telekinesis so just a small description works. Though I will give one quick insight into this. The more descriptive you are the more that could go wrong but the more powerful the outcome will be though the more 'time' it will take so maybe not the best in combat.))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 13 - Maybe Magic
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »

Arienne discards the idea of igniting a stick. Maybe fire was not her greatest aspect. She also simultaneously dismisses the idea of getting Yanethi to assist her; if she does this, she will do it alone.

She considers what to do. Well, she's an elf. They are, of all sentient species, the most closely attuned with nature. Maybe she should...

Arienne points the Stabilizing Birch Staff at the warm stick, closes her eyes, and simply envisions the dead branch regrowing its leaves, and living again.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2016, 08:51:36 pm »

Arienne discards the idea of igniting a stick. Maybe fire was not her greatest aspect. She also simultaneously dismisses the idea of getting Yanethi to assist her; if she does this, she will do it alone.

She considers what to do. Well, she's an elf. They are, of all sentient species, the most closely attuned with nature. Maybe she should...

Arienne points the Stabilizing Birch Staff at the warm stick, closes her eyes, and simply envisions the dead branch regrowing its leaves, and living again.

"I told you it wouldn't do much.. you lack the aptitude and intelligence. Maybe after years of studying you'll learn to spark a small fire or freeze a glass of water. Maybe." Ckaeyod pauses a bit afterwards, letting his doubtful words sink in. "There's reasons Yanethi and I can use these powers, and they're more complicated than you could ever possibly understand."

"In matters of travel, I believe we should take the safest route, battle didn't work so well for me last time. If the creatures had been intelligent, I could have done much more damage to them."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2016, 09:03:50 pm »

"I told you it wouldn't do much.. you lack the aptitude and intelligence. Maybe after years of studying you'll learn to spark a small fire or freeze a glass of water. Maybe." Ckaeyod pauses a bit afterwards, letting his doubtful words sink in. "There's reasons Yanethi and I can use these powers, and they're more complicated than you could ever possibly understand."

"In matters of travel, I believe we should take the safest route, battle didn't work so well for me last time. If the creatures had been intelligent, I could have done much more damage to them."
"The best things come to those who wait. Those who are born with special abilities, or who consign with entities for them, may find there are strings attached.

Your idiocy aside, I feel that the forest route would be the best.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2016, 09:32:07 pm »

"The best things come to those who wait. Those who are born with special abilities, or who consign with entities for them, may find there are strings attached.

Your idiocy aside, I feel that the forest route would be the best.
"

That was it. He'd had enough of this prostitute's disrespect for him. Ckaeyod raises his hand up high and slaps Arienne across the face, his eyes brimming with hatred for the defiant little peon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2016, 09:46:16 pm »

Upon being slapped Arienne, eyes wide, stopped moving and simply stood shocked for a moment, palm on her face where she had been slapped. She backs away, the shock in her eyes fading into a coldness that silently swore revenge.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2016, 10:07:33 pm »

Upon being slapped Arienne, eyes wide, stopped moving and simply stood shocked for a moment, palm on her face where she had been slapped. She backs away, the shock in her eyes fading into a coldness that silently swore revenge.

"Know your place, harlot. You insulted the Silver Apostle himself, herald of the One True God! After this, maybe you'll remember that." Ckaeyod smirked sadistically, clearly enjoying punishing the inferior elf.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2016, 10:52:37 pm »

Arienne spits something absolutely reprehensible under her breath. The others can barely make out that she is speaking of the innate superiority of elves, and how it is inappropriate for a man to touch a woman.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2016, 11:45:09 pm »

..and how it is inappropriate for a man to touch a woman.

((Ckaeyod is far beyond caring for the concept of gender and chivalry. Having your mind partially shredded by an eldritch monstrosity will do that, as well as a lifetime of chastity in the Order.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2016, 06:35:11 am »

Arienne tilts her head, as if hearing voices. Her eyes slowly lock on to Ckaeyod.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2016, 11:40:19 am »

Karlan nudges Takashi and cocks his head at the arguing pair. When neither are looking at him, he makes a tentative clubbing motion.
One wheel short of a wagon

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2016, 03:41:39 pm »

"One time," says Yanethi, to nobody in particular, "back at the village, i was tutoring two children. Well, tutoring - I mean to say I was telling them some stories about the waves and so on. Many of our stories have meaning enough to count as tutoring, although they often seem not. Anyway - Herryon was 4, and so was his best friend, Elren. A flying fish flapped onto the deck, as sometimes happens when it is willed, and Herryon leapt at it just before Elren could manage. Elren wasn't very happy when Herryon wouldn't give it to her, and she pushed Herryon into the water! I laughed, of course."

"I'm travelling with the caravan."

Follow the caravan. Meet and greet with them if required. They should provide an interesting journey.

"Herryon dropped the fish, of course."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2016, 03:55:45 pm »

Karlan tries not to interact with the people from the caravan. He looks ahead at the two paths.
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2016, 01:10:49 pm »

((Bump?))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16