Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 32896 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 11 - Looting and an Actual Town
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2016, 02:55:08 am »

"Karlan, what was that staff-like thing? Do you know?"

Get a light meal from the local inn, I can fast for only so long. Might also be a good idea to search for curatives and healing items too.
Karlan scratches out "magic" on his tablet. He then write, "Yanethi?"

He then evenly distributes his silver around the group, on the basis that shopkeepers don't much like him anyway. He looks for the centre of military power in town.
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2016, 10:37:23 am »

Takashi awkwardly looks around before after a few minutes looks at the guard and rather casually... messing with something hidden behind her cape that the party would probably have seen before.
"Anywhere I can rest my dear head's and take a nice long breather preferably sweet like a sauna or hotsprings?"
Ask the guard this.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:52:42 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2016, 11:47:46 am »

Arienne departs, without a word, obviously already planning. She looks around for a book store or library. Failing that, she inquired to citizens if anyone practiced magic around these parts.
((A lot of people 'practice' magic. About 1 in 10 adventures will have a simple spark spell to light a fire or a spell which can generate about a cups worth of clean water. In a town like this though you likely will not find someone to teach you. The next town should have if your lucky an Adventurer's Guild were for a small price someone can attempt to teach you the basics of a simple spell like that. Anything higher class will either come from a family heritage, A mentor, one of the few wizard schools, or found in an ancient ruin. You can also attempt to manipulate magic yourself if you get a few tips what magic is which while potentially more powerful requires more work and more rolls (the difference between casting fireball and gathering a ball fire, propelling it, and finally exploding it). Finally books are rare. No printing press after all or at least not out here. Each book is handwritten. Oh and everyone in the group can read the common tongue so no worries there for the moment.))

With a quick question the guard captain directs you to a small odds and ends shop. While it only has a small selection of books this is all the town has and it is also the only place to get anything related to magic at. As you enter the shop a soft tinkling sound announces your presence. An old but kindly looking women is manning the counter. With a quick look around you can't see any books so you ask here. With a smile the lady informs you that even the cheapest book is worth 100sp and that is only if they are really torn up so she keeps them locked up with the other really expensive stuff. She then asks if there is anything in particular you are looking for whether book or not.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2016, 11:52:08 am »

Takashi awkwardly looks around before after a few minutes looks at the guard and rather casually... messing with something hidden behind her cape that the party would probably have seen before.
"Anywhere I can rest my dear head's and take a nice long breather preferably sweet like a sauna or hotsprings?"

The guard captain looks at you and barks out a laugh. "You and me both lass. If you want to clean up the tavern will let you use a bucket of water and a clean rag once a day if your staying there. Room costs 10cp a night, 15cp with a meal. If you want just a meal though it will cost you 8cp."
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2016, 12:01:09 pm »

((Presuming Yanethi understands Karlan’s scribing as a question))

”I’m not sure, but I can examine it. I’ll give it back. After that I’m looking for somewhere to eat.”

Take a Knowledge check on that interesting staff; pass on findings to comrades.

After getting into town, Yanethi was mostly interested in getting a decent meal and a rest. As such, he walks about town finding the most recommended-by-locals inn where he can eat and spend the night – and possibly have a couple of beers. He prefer to find some fish to eat, really.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2016, 12:02:37 pm »

"Karlan, what was that staff-like thing? Do you know?"

Get a light meal from the local inn, I can fast for only so long. Might also be a good idea to search for curatives and healing items too.
Karlan scratches out "magic" on his tablet. He then write, "Yanethi?"

He then evenly distributes his silver around the group, on the basis that shopkeepers don't much like him anyway. He looks for the centre of military power in town.

Ckaeyod hears the guard captain inform Takashi that a room costs 10cp, room and a meal is 15cp, and a meal alone is 8cp while he is talking with Karlan. Sadly you get more out of that conversation than you do with the one you are actually part of as all you know is the staff is "magic" and maybe it should be given to Yanethi.

Karlan gives everyone a silver and then realizes that what counts as military power is right here. Next to the guards office is a small training field. Presumably this is where the guards are trained.
((If what you want is training as with Arienne's desire for magic you will likely have to wait for an Adventurer's Guild where they also offer basic training for a bit of money. Though you are currently so skilled with a sword that their novice level lessons will not be of help. But of course if you want other weapons besides a sword that would be the way to quickly get good at them. In fact as a general note everyone else but Takashi could benefit from the lessons at least by a little bit.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2016, 12:07:33 pm »

The guard captain looks at you and barks out a laugh. "You and me both lass. If you want to clean up the tavern will let you use a bucket of water and a clean rag once a day if your staying there. Room costs 10cp a night, 15cp with a meal. If you want just a meal though it will cost you 8cp."
Takashi gives a chuckle as well a smile spreading across their face before they quietly look at the captain for a moment before they look excited and in a kinda cocky tone

"Well then what do you say you and me have a little sparring match and winner gets to have the loser do them a favour?"
Challenge the guard to a good old match If you can't relax get the blood pumping hell I might learn something.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »

((Presuming Yanethi understands Karlan’s scribing as a question))

”I’m not sure, but I can examine it. I’ll give it back. After that I’m looking for somewhere to eat.”

Take a Knowledge check on that interesting staff; pass on findings to comrades.

After getting into town, Yanethi was mostly interested in getting a decent meal and a rest. As such, he walks about town finding the most recommended-by-locals inn where he can eat and spend the night – and possibly have a couple of beers. He prefer to find some fish to eat, really.
Yanethi: -15cp meal and board for a night, 4sp 8cp remaining

You head over to the tavern the guard captain directed your group to and pay for a room and meal special. Sadly being a distance from any major waterways means there are no fish.
((I will wait for Karlan to answer on whether he wants to hand it over but I can do everything else. Also I will only count a person to be finished for the day if they end their actions with going to sleep. So for everyone, don't forget to say your character is heading off to bed or whatever when your done screwing around in town.))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2016, 12:12:05 pm »

Takashi gives a chuckle as well a smile spreading across their face before they quietly look at the captain for a moment before they look excited and in a kinda cocky tone

"Well then what do you say you and me have a little sparring match and winner gets to have the loser do them a favour?"
Challenge the guard to a good old match If you can't relax get the blood pumping hell I might learn something.

The Guard Captain looks at you with disdain. "Do you think my job is a joke? I am on duty and even if I wasn't I wouldn't take the chance. Getting hurt so as to be unable to work because of such a fool hardy thing is grounds for instant dismissal and exile from town. We can't have our guards being unable to defend the town as needed for something like that."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2016, 12:19:44 pm »

Takashi actually looks kinda disappointed and shrugs pulling out their second head from their cloak and flipping it in their hands casually.
"Well.. alright I'll see yah if you ever change your mind I'll be wandering.
Twirl my second head casually and go exploring around the town look for anything intresting or anyone intresting hell if I see any elves go and have a chat.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2016, 12:38:30 pm »

((Okay, well consider Yanethi ready to sleep as soon as the staff action is resolved, please))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2016, 01:17:30 pm »

Arienne checks her purse.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2016, 01:44:54 pm »

Karlan pays for a bed and a meal at the tavern, then spends the rest of the evening hunting rats.
One wheel short of a wagon

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2016, 06:16:30 pm »

"Magic.. I might know something about it then."
Attempt to discern it's purpose via psychometry, which would essentially be the psionic version of a knowledge check(?)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2016, 09:51:00 pm »

Takashi actually looks kinda disappointed and shrugs pulling out their second head from their cloak and flipping it in their hands casually.
"Well.. alright I'll see yah if you ever change your mind I'll be wandering.
Twirl my second head casually and go exploring around the town look for anything intresting or anyone intresting hell if I see any elves go and have a chat.

You wander around town a bit. [3] While nothing of much interest happens [4] you do notice that the person running the alchemy shop is a forest elf. Quite rare seeing how there is a complete lack of actual forests nearby. With a quick chat you find him completely boring and only interested in vegetables and herbs. The only thing of any interest is he was apparently exiled from his home forest for heretical research into plants. This is quite surprising for you as forest elves all love plants almost to the point of it being a fetish. Further conversation is possible but if it isn't about plants you feel your probably out of luck
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16