Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 32917 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

It worked.. What is this horrible thing inside of me if it has so much power..?

Ckaeyod looked around him with wide-eyed, seeing the goblins struck down around him and feeling the fresh magic in the air, reaches the conclusion that this was It's work too. No time for contemplation right now. The variant is right there.
Attempt to stab the goblin in the throat by telekinetically hurling my dagger at him
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Help everyone stab the remaing goblins. If someone makes a messy job of one, finish it off so my companions don't have to get blood on their nice clothes.

Then loot the sword and start cutting ears.

Karlan shakes his head in disappointment at their response to the encounter.

((Noted \/ \/ \/))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:20:28 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

((Just going to note that goblins in this world are just a blight and your character knows this. Only if a goblin ranks up to a hobgoblin can it even start to be called sentient though variants may blur the line. Even hobgoblins tend to just kill them.))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Arienne takes the sword before Karlan can, reasoning that she may need it more, being as minimally armed as she is. If Karlan still tried to take it, or manages to beat her to it, she attempts to use her womanly charm to obtain it from him.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Takashi attacks the remaining goblin with her scythe quickly she's not letting this thing get away.
"Night-Night"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yanethi stands up and throws his spear at the bulbous goblin's head.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 10 - Karlan is a Different Species
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2016, 12:43:03 pm »

Turn 10 - Karlan is a Different Species

It worked.. What is this horrible thing inside of me if it has so much power..?

Ckaeyod looked around him with wide-eyed, seeing the goblins struck down around him and feeling the fresh magic in the air, reaches the conclusion that this was It's work too. No time for contemplation right now. The variant is right there.
Attempt to stab the goblin in the throat by telekinetically hurling my dagger at him

[4] Your dagger leaves you hand and starts floating in the air. Then with a mental shove you propel it at the variant goblin [2] but sadly it barely skims the goblins neck and the dagger embeds in the ground.

Takashi attacks the remaining goblin with her scythe quickly she's not letting this thing get away.
"Night-Night"

[5] You take Ckaeyod's idea and follow through by cutting its head off all the while whispering into its ear. You enjoy the look of terror that flashes through it's eyes moments before they become lifeless.

Yanethi stands up and throws his spear at the bulbous goblin's head.

You stand up just in time to see the variant goblins head come off. Feeling a bit nonplussed you [8] instead quickly go around and stab the rest of the slinger goblins as they try to stand up.

Initiative: Karlan[6], Arienne[2]
Help everyone stab the remaing goblins. If someone makes a messy job of one, finish it off so my companions don't have to get blood on their nice clothes.

Then loot the sword and start cutting ears.

Karlan shakes his head in disappointment at their response to the encounter.

((Noted \/ \/ \/))
((Just going to note that goblins in this world are just a blight and your character knows this. Only if a goblin ranks up to a hobgoblin can it even start to be called sentient though variants may blur the line. Even hobgoblins tend to just kill them.))
Arienne takes the sword before Karlan can, reasoning that she may need it more, being as minimally armed as she is. If Karlan still tried to take it, or manages to beat her to it, she attempts to use her womanly charm to obtain it from him.

Seeing everyone else is easily taking care of all the goblins you head over to where the sword is. [5] The sword appears to actually be a decent, not quite at the quality of the others weapons but not a rusted chunk of iron in the vague shape of a sword most people expect when dealing with goblins, even better while none of you can wear it the leather armor is also decent though halfing sized. Arienne seems to sway over to you causing you to wonder if she was shaken by the fight. She grasps her hands in front of her and push her chest out towards you in a weird manner, maybe she was hurt? With that she makes a smile, something you have always been confused at as half the time you have seen it the other was trying to take advantage of you despite it apparent meaning of happiness or so your tutor had informed you (it always seemed silly to you as baring of teeth always felt like an aggressive action to you not even counting the fact you have a hard enough time even distinguishing one face from another, why can't everyone just have a squid head so you can tell). Arienne [2] then proceeds to ask you in a weird voice no one has ever used to you (though it does sound quite soothing and nice) if she could have the sword instead. You blankly stair at her before pointing at her sharp higher quality dagger on the ground and tell her that is already hers. Then you [6] Deftly swing the sword around in an amazing display of dexterity and skill. After finishing that you point at yourself and say that you are skilled without good weapon. You then proceed to harvest some ears glad to have an actual weapon now.

Arienne sulks a bit.

Currently:
1 knife on the road
1 small leather armor on the road
16 dead goblins sans right ear
1 dead looted goblin sans right ear
1 dead goblin variant sans right ear
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 10 - Karlan is a Different Species
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2016, 12:53:43 pm »

Karlan walks back to the goblins, vague suspiscions about what Arienne had tried forming in his mind. Sex had always been a matter he was largely ignorant of, what with his unsettling appearance and unusual physiology.

Help everyone loot.

Loot remaing goblins then follow others.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:21:26 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2016, 01:25:06 pm »

Arienne deliberately looks away from Karlan, pouting, shoving her tongue into her cheek. The expression is rather childish.

"Fine. I didn't want it anyways.

... hmph.
"

She proceeds to reclaim her knife, and keeps watch for trouble.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2016, 04:05:35 pm »

"That was a rather jolting encounter.. We need to be more careful."

Reclaim dagger, psychically probe around tonmake sure there aren't any mental presences in the immediate area aside from our own

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2016, 05:24:34 pm »

"Right well. Shall we get on our way after the mutilation?"

Once everyone is finished, head back with them, taking point and being more alert than we were on the way out... Yanethi isn't particularly interested in looting.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2016, 09:11:24 am »

"That Sounds fairly alright....Uh.......y-Yanethi.... I think that was your name yeah?"
Head back be alert make sure to scan what's around me....scan everywhere i can when I'm walking.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 11 - Looting and an Actual Town
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2016, 09:28:33 pm »

Turn 11 - Looting and an Actual Town

Karlan walks back to the goblins, vague suspiscions about what Arienne had tried forming in his mind. Sex had always been a matter he was largely ignorant of, what with his unsettling appearance and unusual physiology.

Help everyone loot.

Loot remaing goblins then follow others.

You go and rustle through the rest of the goblins [1] but find absolutely nothing. Even the clubs which seemed sturdy enough now surprise you that they survived hitting your teammate with how rotten they are. [6] Luckily the variant goblin is surprisingly loaded. The biggest prize is likely an odd staff it was carrying which up close you realize has a small gem that slightly glows. Luckily your past experience told you to take a closer look at it as this is clearly a staff which provides a small boost to mental abilities, likely the source of the variant in the first place. Besides that you also grab a good amount of copper (giving 8 to Ckaeyod to pay back your debt) and some silver.

Arienne deliberately looks away from Karlan, pouting, shoving her tongue into her cheek. The expression is rather childish.

"Fine. I didn't want it anyways.

... hmph.
"

She proceeds to reclaim her knife, and keeps watch for trouble.

Sharp Dagger get, Adventure continues if more cautious

"That was a rather jolting encounter.. We need to be more careful."

Reclaim dagger, psychically probe around tonmake sure there aren't any mental presences in the immediate area aside from our own

Ceremonial Dagger get, [4] and you quickly send a formless wave of mental energy out. While it doesn't go far you can be sure that there isn't anything of any mental faculty in the grass nearby.

"Right well. Shall we get on our way after the mutilation?"

Once everyone is finished, head back with them, taking point and being more alert than we were on the way out... Yanethi isn't particularly interested in looting.
"That Sounds fairly alright....Uh.......y-Yanethi.... I think that was your name yeah?"
Head back be alert make sure to scan what's around me....scan everywhere i can when I'm walking.

With all the looting over the group then throws all the corpses a good bit off the road to not attract predators to it and then proceed on your way. [2] As you travel Arienne doesn't see much along the way at all. [4] Yanethi on the other hand leading from the front manages to see some wild animals occasionally. With his knowledge he is mostly certain this means there isn't any monsters stalking about openly nearby. Off in the distance to the left side the group spots a small forest. Other than that the rest of the journey goes quite peacefully.

Finally up ahead an actual town comes into view. A good bit bigger then the last place with some actual stone being included in the wall you can tell this is a place people live. As the group approaches the gate a trio of guards suddenly stand up straight having previously been lounging against the wall. They appear a bit embarrassed having been caught resting on the job. Once you reach them they look at your group quizzically and query on how such a small group managed to get through? Upon hearing that your team was tasked with taking care of the goblin variant and not only that but you succeed they appear quite skeptical until Karlan pulls out all the ears. With this they ask you to wait a moment then shout for their leader.

It takes some time but he arrives finally, decked out in a nice suit of chain-mail. He takes one look at the ears and ushers you through the gate though not before warning that normally a 3cp tole to enter the town per a person but since they managed to rid the roads of that annoyances he will wave it this once on top of the reward. Just to the side of the gate is a building that he guides you into and then motions for you to wait a moment and goes into his office. Moments later he comes back out with a strange orb. The Captain explains that the orb can sense a bit about the energy in any monster bit that has been dead for less than a week and glows in different colors depending on some conditions. In quick succession he presses the regular goblin ears to it and it weakly glows a muddy gray. This you are informed is what a normal goblins ear should causes it to do. Then he proceeds to press the variants ear to it. The orb suddenly lights up, still a muddy grey but with small specks of a faded blue while being somewhat brighter. This you are informed tells him that it was a goblin variant because it has the same base color, the specks of blue mean it tended more towards mana manipulations which explains it's uncanny intelligence though it likely didn't have actual magic yet, and of course brighter just means it was more powerful. From a coin purse on his belt he pulls out 1sp and 85cp. He then hands the silver to Karlan who had the ears and evenly distributes the copper among you all, 17 to each.

With that taken care of he leads you out of the offices and asks if you wanted directions to anywhere specific in town as well as giving you the directions to the tavern. Then almost offhandedly he mentions there might be something a little back the way you just came from he could use someone for.

((In town you can get most basic things though no adventurer guild still. For this next bit you all can wander around town together and alone as you will and I will tell you what happens. The 'turn' will not be done until everyone declares they have gone to bed.))

((The town you are in currently has 3 gates. If the direction you came from was the bottom then the main road looks like a Y. With that in mind what would be the right will lead you closer to the middle of the kingdom you are in and the other will lead you more towards the center of the continent. While you can all go and split the party in town the group will need to decide on the same direction to head after this.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 11 - Looting and an Actual Town
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2016, 10:54:25 pm »

"Karlan, what was that staff-like thing? Do you know?"

Get a light meal from the local inn, I can fast for only so long. Might also be a good idea to search for curatives and healing items too.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 11 - Looting and an Actual Town
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2016, 10:59:10 pm »

Arienne departs, without a word, obviously already planning. She looks around for a book store or library. Failing that, she inquired to citizens if anyone practiced magic around these parts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16