Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43309 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 4: Who is §4?
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2016, 04:46:36 pm »

-vimbr watches his creations, pleased. He runs a river through the plains and suggest they build there first town around it-

Spoiler: flame river (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:48:24 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2016, 05:48:50 pm »

[Panzer, The Bestest God and Bestest Armor]

"Hm... need, more."
Panzer creates 3 units of Futhark Menschen, a Basic race, for 12 Essence.

Spoiler: Rune People (click to show/hide)

Panzer places 2 units of Futhark Menschen along the coasts of Schwerland, and 1 unit inland.
"Perfect, like it should be."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:11:30 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »

Create the Kharis, a race of intrepid reporter types.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((The Elite+ type price-checked here))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2016, 08:01:45 pm »

Ne'tharil responds to his followers prayers, starting with the frog E'lai. "No, they do not. At least for the moment, nor do any other insects for that mater." Then they move onto the turtle E'lai. "If your shell was of stone it would most likely be heavy and encumbering, however for you I will grant your wish and give you the strength to not be encumbered by your new shell." Ne'tharil then grants the turtle E'lai's wish and gives it a stone shell and the strength needed to not be hampered by its weight, they then turn to the last prayer, the weasel E'lai. "Do you have any idea why that might be? I cant exactly help without details. So, mind telling me those deals and why no one believes them should you know why."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2016, 08:32:59 pm »

Create the Kharis, a race of intrepid reporter types.

((The Elite+ type price-checked here))

0E: Mavnon sends out job requests for intrepid reporter types. All applicants will be received in the Jokar Basin.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:34:32 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2016, 08:51:38 pm »

A mass of red comes from the ground and takes an unknown alien form from which all creatures could hear it utter its name in a silent voice

"Lackiopiene..."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2016, 01:13:14 am »

"A sandcastle.  .. to a mortal a special thing but to a god,  even a sandgod nothing to honour. ""
teach the dunelings to build and settle at farankofor
create the chalice of dunes, an artifact dune herder skull chalice that gives the wielder the ability to command and control dunes when it is filled with sand, hand it to the farankofor dunelings
teach the pharactine dunelings to respect pharanct and to protect farankofor with Sand magic
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:46:36 pm by Detoxicated »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2016, 01:33:57 am »

Pharact twirls and twists as his words travel to all the gods of the bubble:

Divine peers. A proposal on fleshing out the system of magic of this world, which would require fellow god support to realize. Such support, or suggestions to improve the proposal, are requested:

Magic functions via connections, and sympathy. In short, like effects like. Elementalists form miniature elemental replicas of large scale things they wish to affect, then manipulate the model to effect the original. Taking material from the target increases the strength of the connection and thus magic, for example, a magical doll of a rival with some of his plucked hair placed in it, so you could torture him using the doll.

Factors effecting connections are distance, similarity, familiarity with the target, whether the target can currently be sensed, knowledge of the target's secret truename, and more probably.

A mage could spy on a friend they are very familiar with who is ten miles away with the crystal figurine made to look like him, celestial mages draw power for spells from the stars through the connection of the stars with their past lives on the planet, divine mages use the principle of sympathy to imitate the miracles of the gods, the spell being fake worshipped as a fake god until it gains enough power.

Enchanters use the parts of powerful creatures to imbue a connection with that strength in the arms and armour they create, psymentalists use the mental bridge connected by two people meeting their eyes to perform mind magic, necromancers use the sympathy a departed soul had with their corpse to take power from the soul and its afterlife to power the corpse or talk with the dead, and so on.

The gods may hand down tokens to favoured mortals, granting them a connection to that god which can then be used to perform powerful magic, with the danger of the connection potentially being used against the god.

A mass of red comes from the ground and takes an unknown alien form from which all creatures could hear it utter its name in a silent voice

"Lackiopiene..."
Salutations.

1E Action, Invoke Magic Sphere: Create the second Magic Monolith, a towering edifice of shining emerald engraved with knowledge of Fire and Enchanting Magic at the centre of Schwerland, visible across the entirety of the subcontinent. Topped by a large Pharactine symbol. Only those openly wearing Pharactine symbols can read what is written on the monolith.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:09:02 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2016, 01:53:55 am »

"On the topic of enchanters. Do you mean only animals or other forms of life?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2016, 01:56:17 am »

"On the topic of enchanters. Do you mean only animals or other forms of life?"
I was providing general examples. The system is supposed to be very flexible. A skilled and creative enchanter could imbue armour with a connection to water, allowing the wearer to swim more easily or be better at water elementalism. Perhaps a sword could be given a connection to the poisonous properties of a certain type of plant or fungi, or use the moment of impact to forge a vampiric connection with an opponent it strikes.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2016, 01:58:15 am »

"I welcome your effort to follow my advice.  Your System Sounds nice. "

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2016, 08:17:52 am »

I Create Tics and Toks, both are types of clockwork insects although they are very diffrent.
Spoiler: Tics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Toks (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2016, 10:36:26 am »

Pisces becomes the sea.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 5: Lifting of the Fog
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2016, 05:48:42 am »

Tick 5.0: Lifting of the Fog

Muda has created the Loop to re-reincarnate the Mudans. A Muda from the future has come along to shake hands with Muda. Muda then travels back in time to shake Muda's hand before returning to the present.

Vimbr has created the flame river, which is not (yet?) fun enough to be set on fire. The Embrears build their first town around it.

Panzer has created the Futhark Menschen, a race of runed humanoids with an aptitude for enchantments, placing most of them along the coast and some of them inland. (Panzer: -12E)

Cliche has created the Kharis, a race of powerfully oratorial intrepid reporters. (Cliche: -9E)

Ne'tharil responds to prayers:
   Frog E'lai: "Yummy!"
   Turtle E'lai: "Thank you, Ne'tharil. I shall take goood care of this wondrous gift."
   Weasel E'lai: "I say I have this nice warren, barely used, now for free! A very nice warren from a very clean family of rabbits used only for half a winter! But everyone turns the offer down!"

Mavnon has sent out job requests for intrepid reporter types! A dozen rush over, but per a certain cliche, all but one disappear.

Lackopiene has arisen!

Gowler has guided the dunelings toward settling at Farankofor.

Gowler has created the chalice of dunes, a chalice which grants the ability to control dunes when filled with sand. (Gowler: -11E)

The Pharactine dunelings have been instructed to respect Pharact and defend Farankofor with sand magic.

Pharact proposes to define magic as fundamentally sympathetic. Only Gowler has expressed sympathy for this concept so far.

Pharact has erected another Magic Monolith, this one focusing on Fire and Enchanting, at the center of Schwerland. (Pharact: -1E) It is said to be visible from anywhere on the subcontinent.

Organech has created Tics and Toks. (Organech: -3E)

Pisces has merged with the sea unopposed.

Spoiler: Deities(15) (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 5: Lifting of the Fog
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2016, 06:03:05 am »

Pharact merges with magic
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36