Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 24: The Squared  (Read 43337 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 2: The Snail and the Turtle
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2016, 04:49:59 pm »

Use 4E to create more Dunelings
Inspire the dunelings to search for Oasises
Teach the Dunelings about hunting and gathering in desert environments.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »

Create Pause!!, with the same specifications as Pause! but three bars instead of two. Invoke sphere discount.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »

[Panzer, The Bestest God and Bestest Armor]

"Heh, I have a lot of power. Might as well use it."
Panzer creates 2 Units of Immortals*, using 12 Essence. And put them on Schwerland, but away from the Flammen.
"There, someone to use the armor."

((* To try to ensure they are Advanced and not Elite, I added a weakness in the spoiler.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:19 pm »

7E: Create the first of the Black Cities, inland of Pan Tobuersha. The first shall be named Vaekhem, and their kind shall be known in the Engineer's Tongue as Mul Vaekhem. Living marvels of architecture, machinery, and urbanization, their relationship with the Technicians is uncertain, though some believe they control the Technicians, this has no real observable basis.. What is known is that Technicians are often protective of the City if it is being damaged in a non-superficial manner, though the degree to which they pursue this varies greatly. Black Cities are essentially mechanical organisms that greatly resemble semi-mobile, self-assembling cities. Their 'life cycle' is poorly understood and largely dependent on smaller, sentient organisms, as they are not sentient on anything resembling a mortal or understandable timescale. Only mobile during part of life-cycle (when smaller), unable to 'reproduce' unless sedentary.

4E: Create the Technicians, within the Black City of Vaekhem. It is unclear to mortals what their connection to the city is, though their name stems from the fact that they usually appear to be doing maintenance work or upkeep of some kind. Those who interfere with their work, however, rarely fare well, and by all accounts appear to have no end in numbers if a position to slay them is taken up. It's also uncertain from where they emerge or where they return to when they feel their task is complete. Technicians will usually ignore any questions asked of them, though some will respond with very general answers, always in the Engineer's Tongue. They refer to themselves as the Böd Jura, which translates best as the Technicians. Usually, though, if thye say anything, they will respond by informing the asker that they are performing maintenance.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 3: The Numina and the Numeric Knee
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2016, 03:12:28 am »

Tick 3.0: The Numina and the Numeric Knee

Gowler listens to prayers:
   Duneling wanderer: "What's an oasis?"
   Duneling sentry: "Gakakakagowlka! The stone worshippers are coming back!"
   Duneling artisan: "Look at this beautiful house of moist sand!"

Ruusukaija listens to prayers:
   Piacere villager: "Ah! What a beautiful sea! And such beautiful isles!"
   Piacere explorer: "What is the shape of the world?"
   Piacere fisher: "I found a singing fish!"

Gowler has created more Dunelings and encouraged them to search for oases, also teaching them about desert survival because gods occasionally create things not built for their native environments. (Gowler: -4E)

Muda has created Pause!!, an unknown race/agent/artifact/afterlife with three bars instead of two. Perhaps prayers work better for them? (Muda: -2E)

Panzer has created the highly adaptable Immortals, slimy creatures made of other slimy creatures. (Panzer: -12E)

Khava Baras has created the Black City of Vaekhem further inland from Pan Tobuersha. (Khava Baras: -7E) It is apparently alive and associated with the recently created Technicians, sole speakers of the Engineer's Tongue and possible stewards of Vaekhem. (Khava Baras: -4E)

Spoiler: Deities(17) (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Updated Essence/population totals
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:31:55 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2016, 05:01:38 am »

"This...should do."

-golden light shimmers around vmber as he summons up more of his power, it flows and shimmers around him like little streams of light, splitting over and over, the edges turning into golden mist, then comeing together. Forming shapes, a wide verity of Pepole.-

-vmber creates the embrear ((1 unit)) in the ember plains.-
Spoiler: embrear (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:05:12 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2016, 05:25:45 pm »

create the desert herders near the dunelings
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
create the oasis fankafor for2 e in the desert
teach the dunelings to domesticate the desert herders.

answer prayers
Duneling1: show him fankafor in dreams
Duneling2: "what Do you mean? bring me to the rock worshippers. "
Duneling3: test the house against wind a nice rain of 10 minutes and against fire

"Beautiful your embrear.  Would you mind if i looked into the creation of sandy cousins able to breed with yours? "
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 05:32:37 pm by Detoxicated »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »

Muda creates Pause!!! and Pause!!!!, with the same specifications, four bars instead of three on Pause!!! and five instead of four on Pause!!!!.

((Duneling3: test the house against wind a nice rain of 10 minutes and against fire

Guy builds a sand castle. Brags to his god about it. His got tips it over. Poor guy  :-\))

"This is such a boring time. Lets liven it up a bit."

Muda switches around some of the Technicians by distorting space time, causing them to do things like hit each-other with hammers instead of performing maintenance. See if they fight each other like they would someone else disturbing the city. See how many Pause!!!!! (The last exclamation mark is a factorial) can switch around.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2016, 07:36:36 pm »

"Go right ahead, but try not to introduce negative or problematic traits."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2016, 10:34:22 pm »

Observe results of Muda's shenanigans. In case of severe disruption to Vaekhem and Technician operation, see addendum. In case of expected result, see secondary modification guidelines.

Teach Boku Garai about existence of Black Cities. Warn them of the respect they must pay, but also of the shelter and aid each may provide to the other.

At the center of the Disk, create the Pan Bharsett, the Mountain's Heart. A large, regularly erupting volcano with a very deep magma reservoir. The eruptions are small and frequent, and serve both to increase the size of the volcano over time, as well as fertilize the surrounding area; a cycle of eruption and plantlife feeding off the ash develops quickly.

"Application for testing approved; Member Muda."

Even as Khava Baras watches her creations, she begins carving into the earth at the exact center of the disk. After a hole is drilled, reaching towards the core of the continent, she descends, usual accoutrement shrinking until only a scant few dozen meters remain. The hole begins to glow as molten rock and metal begin to swell out of it, cooling quickly on exposure to the air
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2016, 12:22:54 pm »

Pharact spins in a circle, contemplating magic.

((Morgon, Ne'tharil, Mavnon, Pisces, Iram, Organech, Amber, Cliche, Renagor and Lazan should all be marked inactive because they haven't posted in IC in the last week? And Lazan quit iirc.))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:39:57 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2016, 12:41:14 pm »

((The game itself being inactive generally means they are exempt.))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »

Ne'tharil looks to his followers and starts listening to prayers, seeing they have nothing better to do at this very moment. Other then scheming of course.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 4: Who is §4?
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2016, 04:16:57 pm »

Tick 4.0: Who is §4?

Vimbr has created the Embrear, a race of colorful humanoids, in the ember plains. (Vimbr: -9E)

Gowler has created the oasis Fankafor and shown it to a duneling. (Gowler: -2E) Gowler has also created desert herders, which are herd animals and not herding animals.

Gowler responds to prayers:
   Duneling2 has led Gowler to the Pharactite Monolith.
   Duneling3 has run away from duneling society after having had a masterpiece sand castle knocked down.

Muda has created Pause!!![!], whatever it could possibly be, with an increasing number of bars. (Muda: -7E) One wonders if Muda's followers need help with a massive drinking problem. Muda has also messed around with the Technicians, causing minor disorder but nothing on any decent scale. Muda's interference soon wanes.

Khava Baras has created Pan Bharsett, the Mountain's Heart, far hubward on the Disc. Khava Baras has taken to nesting in its warmth.

Pharact contemplates magic. Doves and rabbits fly and leap out of the few hats visible to the gods.

Ne'tharil listens to prayers:
   E'lai weasel: "No one believes me about my special offers!"
   E'lai turtle: "I wish my shell were made of stone"
   E'lai frog: "Can flies understand language?"

Spoiler: Deities(17) (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 5 IC [17/40]: Tick 4: Who is §4?
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2016, 04:45:48 pm »

"How...dull. I suppose it is time to get this out of the way..."

Muda creates The Loop! The Loop is an afterlife set for Muda's followers. When one of Muda's followers dies, their soul is sent back in time to when they where born, creating a stable loop that the followers are in forevermore, reincarnating as themselves continuously.

In congratulations of this genius idea, Muda comes back from the future to shake his own hand, before returning to his own time.

Muda then travels back in time to shake his own hand.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36