Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45013 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

On Crews and their Training

When you hire a new Crew you get blank slates: all Skills at 0 except for one of either Gunnery, Leadership or Driving.
Training is a long and arduous process, you can only upgrade one skill per crewmember per match.
That means trained Crews and Veteran Crews are really valuable. On another note you can trade Crews and Tanks among each other. If you do any such agreements via pm please put me in CC so i can actually know whats going on.

Hijacking

There are very strict rules about hijacking. You cannot take a tank which still has crew inside. Your hijacking crew cannot attack any other crews, nor is there any possibility besides using a tank to shoot at that tank to make other crews abandon their tank.

You can bring extra Foot Crews to hijack tanks but they move slowly (1 tile per turn) and might not reach a tank in time before the match is over.

Gentlemens Agreements

You can agree on various things before a match:

Permanent Hijacking/non-permanent Hijacking (whether stealing a tank is permanent (so it changes team hands) or whether it is just stolen for the duration of the turn) by default it is non-permanent both teams agree

Shooting at Crews/Medical Vehicles/Footsloggers in general (you can decide whether you will allow attacks on the poor sods fleeing their tanks on Medical Crew Vehicles or on Footsloggers. By default this is considered illegal unless both teams agree.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

What about desanting soldiers?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

On Crews and their Training

When you hire a new Crew you get blank slates: all Skills at 0 except for one of either Gunnery, Leadership or Driving.
Training is a long and arduous process, you can only upgrade one skill per crewmember per match.
That means trained Crews and Veteran Crews are really valuable. On another note you can trade Crews and Tanks among each other. If you do any such agreements via pm please put me in CC so i can actually know whats going on.

Hmm. Is there any "Equalization/Mercy" rules? As it stands now, weaker teams that lose will only get weaker while stronger teams get much stronger. When everyone starts out more or less equal, the balance of power could become incredibly lopsided down the line, especially if this game survives multiple seasons.

PATHOS V Mid-Atlantic

Pathos is gonna get rolled :p. The Crusader, despite having decent performance in the last match, still isn't a very impressive tank. Everything MA has got can cut through its armor at any distance, including their light tank, while the Crusader has to be at close range to put a hole in even the back armor of a Sherman and has to get close/medium to be able to damage the side/back armor of a Cromwell (who's speed should make that difficult). This is especially bad for them if they end up making a Crusader their flag tank, as forcing your leader into close-range battles is hazardous to his health, and the highest Leadership is in a Crusader. The StuG IIIs are nice (which seems to be why most teams have them :P) but they work best with tanks to support them, and they can't *really* support each other in that. In the end, MA has a higher number of superior tanks, giving them a large advantage over their opponents in my opinion.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arguably the most important factor is the vast difference in gunnery scores. The mid-atlantic academy only have one tank that has under 4 gunnery, and that's a friggen light tank. Yet PATHOS has only gunnery 3 as their highest.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep there is an equalization rule. For this season however we won't need it since everyone starts with the same cash...only differently skilled crews.

Later on there will be Maximum Points deployments, maximum tank deployments and different matches that are beyond simple "kill everyone!"

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Another way would be to have super teams made up of several players, so you could have one made of a couple of heavy weight teams versus an alliance of smaller ones.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Arguably the most important factor is the vast difference in gunnery scores. The mid-atlantic academy only have one tank that has under 4 gunnery, and that's a friggen light tank. Yet PATHOS has only gunnery 3 as their highest.

I still don't know the mechanics behind firing, but I figured with the current setup, PATHOS could land twice as many hits as MAA and still lose :P.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's 1d6+gunnery+modifiers like shooting downhill against 1d6+whatever modifiers there are to the target number that makes the shot more difficult to accomplish (Like long range and being on overwatch. Or shooting uphill).

Then it's a 1d6+pen roll to determine if the shot makes it through, pen being a +1 modifier for every 10mm the weapon firing over penetrates the thickness of the armour. You're in deep shit if it gets to 6 or higher, since if the total there is 10 or more something's going boom.

Then a 1d10 for location, and in the case of a non-crit a further 1d6 to see how bad the damage is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

It's 1d6+gunnery+modifiers like shooting downhill against 1d6+whatever modifiers there are to the target number that makes the shot more difficult to accomplish (Like long range and being on overwatch. Or shooting uphill).

Then it's a 1d6+pen roll to determine if the shot makes it through, pen being a +1 modifier for every 10mm the weapon firing over penetrates the thickness of the armour. You're in deep shit if it gets to 6 or higher, since if the total there is 10 or more something's going boom.

Then a 1d10 for location, and in the case of a non-crit a further 1d6 to see how bad the damage is.

Thanks for that! Really, really helpful!

So, removing the modifiers (to focus on skill levels as a factor), and assuming that 0 is not a hit, a gunner with skill 0 has a 41.67% chance of hitting the target. A gunner with skill 3 has a 83.33% chance of hitting the target, and a gunner with skill 6 has a 100% chance of hitting the target. So skill is certainly a large factor, as far as hitting is concerned. It also looks like defensive modifiers are pretty important if you don't wanna get blown up :P.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, moving is an easy way of ensuring that it'll be that much harder to hit you. Doubly so at long range.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

A few questions Ghaz:

1) When you say it's one point of skill trained per match, is that your own matches or any match?
2) Fresh crews get one skill that is not a zero. What value is it instead, and does this also apply to batches of like skilled crew?
3) Can you sell off tanks for points, and how does being damaged affect the price?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damaged tanks give nothing if sold, otherwise they're returned for full points value. As for the skills I'd suspect it's once per match that you've participated in, otherwise there might be abuse of that.

As for new crew, the skill they come with starts at 1, and it applied whether you're buying an entirely new crew or replacement members.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fairly confident with regards to those two Crusaders, barring any exceptionally stupid moves on my part, but those two Stugs look like they could be pretty nasty.

I'm fine with IRC. I should be free on Saturday, Sunday afternoon, and Monday.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:13:36 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay Sabretoothtiger you have time till tomorrow to answer, otherwise you will be moved back, until the next random pairing shows up.
Don't worry this has no further repercussions, i just want to move this game forward :P

next on the list is Playergamer with Ostwind, please tell me whether irc or forum.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

KK, I am available today, probably some time on Sunday, and I'm free on Monday and Tuesday.

Oh, and polan iz stronk

I demand 4TP to go full polan an crush eeveel germanz
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45