Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 44988 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

By the way, who's this 'BloodMageWaifu' person who keeps doing the rolls?

Looks like a bot.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

O'Haley School vs. Moscow Insitute of Mechanical Engineering is over. It was abrutal slog. An initial ambush from high ground by Moscow killed most of the SU-85 crew and blew the T-28 turrets off. The crew from the T-28 promptly jumped in the SU-85 and turned around to keep fighting.

Facing an enemy on high ground the O'Haley girls kept soaking up damage but firing, firing and firing. Two third into the match, both the PzIV and the Sherman couldn't turn their turret and the AMR had lost both tracks. In the end, their pluck and courage told. Mass of fire destroyed the T-34 track and then its turret. The BT-8 used their agility to keep running around the O'Haley tanks, and the T-35 provided long-range fire support.

Quick thinking action by the commander of the SU-85 led to blocking of the bridge that separated the two camps. Tragedy struck as the two BT-8 were trying to get to a ford further out. A heavy 85mm shell from the SU-85 ripped opent the think plating of Leningrad, severaly injuring its two crew member (the commander had died earlier). We take a minute to pay homage to the O'Haley team's sportswomanship as they agreed to refrain from firing on the Sevastopol as its crew attempted to save their comrades. It is thanks to O'Haley's fair play that Vladimir, Leningrad's gunner is still among us today. His driver German sadly was not so lucky.

With Leningrad and Sevastopol out of the fight, the remaining O'Haley tanks were free to concentrate their fire on the T-35, who surrendered after loosing its main turret, although luckily its crew remains unscathed.

The price of victory was high however. All its tanks but the SU-85 are in need of heavy repair. Its T-28 has no turret at all. The death toll is also large, with team O'Haley loosing no less than 6 crew members, including its two star gunners.

We are honoured to have been defeated by a team showing such courage. Long live the girls of O'Haley!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I was writing a summary, but you did far better.

Also, instead of going up in smoke at the first tap, the Sherman took so many hits without burning that it's now got a trait that makes it immune to engine fires.

And yeah, in hindsight I should have had the driver of the Su85 wounded rather than the gunner. I'm going to have to ask how much it'll take to repair all the tanks.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:47:50 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it was either half price to repair tanks, or just a flat 100 per tank.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So that'll be 500 to repair all my tanks plus some amount + 200 to replace six crew members. That leaves me 4,300 to play around with.

The match between Heidelberg and Sydney ended with several stat-ups, so I'd like to see those results before anything else.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

The more I think about it, the more your schoolgirls are badass. The crew of the SU-85 get taken out? The crew from the T-28 jumps out their shell of a tank, oss the bodies out and keep firing. Your PzIV turret get cocked? No biggie, it's a Stug now, keep firing. The driver die? Well, the commander will take her seat since it's a Stuf, keep firing. Only with the gunner dead and the captain unconscious did the fire stop.

Those schoolgirls are the fucking death korp of krieg.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The God-Headmistress demands sacrifice and victory.
Sigtext!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, that's one hell of a way to run a tank school XD
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly that was more a result of me being stubborn than anything. In games I have this tendency to not surrender even if my chances of winning are low.
Sigtext!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Nah, you never were close to loosing. After the initial ambush, we were evenly matched. By the time you lost your PzIV I had lost my T-34.

Your tanks soaked a huge amount of damage while staying functional.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

tempted to bring in 40k tanks now...if only i knew their armor thickness, armor composition and penetration of their guns

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you used those, then that'd be all anyone ever used because they destroy tanks outright  :P

I can say they decorate their tanks to look like 40k tanks if that helps  :P

Also, stat-ups and such? And maybe say what sorts of new tanks will unlock after this?

EDIT: And can I have a rundown of who died from which crews?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:17:58 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

tempted to bring in 40k tanks now...if only i knew their armor thickness, armor composition and penetration of their guns
You'd have to make that up because official stats are bullshit since writers have no sense of scale, like, Land Raider has about 90mm of armour (this can be explained by some magical composite armour). Leman Russ has anywhere between 100mm to 200mm, which is proably much more regular steel or something. Leman Russ uses 120mm smoothbore, so it's proably comparable to Rheinmetall 120 mm L/44, so the gun used on M1 Abrams and Leopard 2. I could provide with some more research but I assure you realism and accurate specifications are some of last things writers care about in WH40k universe.

And then there are Lascannons. So yep, you basically have to make it all up if you want to use them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:06:02 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could we please not try to shove 40K into everything?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Could we please not try to shove 40K into everything?
Heretic.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45