Poll

anzer 38(t) keep artillery or not?

Yes keep it
- 5 (41.7%)
No its ahistorical please remove it.
- 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45

Author Topic: Tankery 2: Season 1 FINALS: SYDNEY VS. KYOKO (still accepting moar people)  (Read 45010 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Kita-Crew 4
Chen-Crew 6
Daiyousei-crew 2
Koakuma-crew 3
Kitsune-crew 5 (Leader)
Rin-crew 7
Rumia-crew 8
Yukiko-crew 1 (Secondary leader)

Sucks i got mostly bad roles.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

So...Did the game happen?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's still happening. And so far it's been pretty fucking brutal. One tank just got one-shot, another with it's turret effectively blown off and there's more than a few dead crewmen on both sides.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

What's the IRC channel?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

#Tankery
adams.freenode.net

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant find it.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

The match is over, I think they all left the chat.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well,they will have a recap on this thread on what happened right?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

It's still happening. And so far it's been pretty fucking brutal. One tank just got one-shot, another with it's turret effectively blown off and there's more than a few dead crewmen on both sides.

Really? I thought you guys where doing it ~6 on Monday  :-\. In any case, good luck to both sides! Can't wait to see the outcome.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can do a quick one, but you'll have to wait on Ghaz for a detailed version.

HEIDELBERG VS SYDNEY: Sydney victory via Heidelberg concession.

On Heidelberg's side:
The Stug III 'Oskar' Inflicted significant damage onto the Sydney team, taking out the T-28 on it's second shot (The first overpenetrated and thus only left a couple of holes) by setting off the fuel tank. The T-28's driver got out, but the rest of the crew is KIA. A couple of shots later in the game injured the crew of Sydney's PzIII crew, and threw the track off. The only damage sustained by 'Oskar' was a shot by sydeny's T-28 penetrating the fuel tank, causing a fuel leakage problem which diverted the crew's attention from firing.

PzIV 'Tilli' was responsible for the remainder of Heidelberg's kills, the first shots fired from it were in a duel with sydney's PzIII, both tanks hitting, however the shots both glanced off the tracks. A turn later 'Tilli' was surrounded by sydney's tanks, surviving on the fact that, while the shots from sydney his and penetrated, the damage was relatively minor. In return, 'Tilli' got a shot into the crusader's crew compartment, killing the driver and maiming the other crewmembers. The second round of fire proved far more disastrous, with the PzIII getting a critical hit to the rear, grievously injuring the crew. While the crusader missed it's subsequent shot, the M40K's it true, annihilating the turret and the gunner along with it.

PzIV 'Trudi' Particularly uneventful until it engaged Sydney's M42. The M42 on the first turn was unable to penetrate the armour of 'Trudi', yet the return fire on them missed the mark entirely. Another turn went by, with the crew of the 'Trudi' staying put and firing as the M42 backed off. In the final round of the match 'Trudi' moved forward into an ambush set by Sydney's swedish tanks, the M42 hitting the side armour and starting an engine fire, which was summarily put out by the driver whom suffered minor burns. The shot from the M40k also pierced the side, with far more deadly results, with the gunner becoming critically wounded and the driver being killed.

Pz38(t) Etta, nothing noteworth, except Sydney's crusader blew it up in one hit, after it's shot pierced and hit the ammunition.

On Sydney's Side:
Stridvagen M42/TH had little engagement in the battle, it's largest contribution being the bait that lured 'Trudi' into an ambush, which subsequently ensured Sydney's victory.

The Crusader MkI was very cavalier, while it got bogged down at the start of the match alongside the M40K, this was behind cover and thus not disasterous. And Sydney's first attempt to outflank 'Tilli', the heidelberg tank took the initiative, leaving the crusader without a target. In a moments thought and insubordinance, the crusader turned it's gun to the 'Etta', the first shot on the 38(t) being all it needed, with the shot detonating the ammunition of the 'Etta'. In the turn after that, the Crusader moved to prevent 'Tilli' from falling back, preventing it from reversing from it's position and allowing it's team to encircle, with deadly results, though in return suffering grievous injuries among it's crew as 'Trilli' returned fire.

Sydney's T-28 had a far shorter combat life than it's other compatriots, Lasting only a couple rounds. After missing it's first shot, return fire from 'Oskar' penetrated it's hull, luckily the shot over penetrated, merely locking it's turret. In return, the T-28's return fire punctured both the hull and the fuel tank of 'Oskar', to no explosive effect (Though the time that it's crew took to repair it almost certainly swung the match in sydney's favour), with 'Oskar' retailating in kind on the T-28's fuel tank, this time to an explosive end. While the driver was able to get out alive an unharmed, the other two crewmen burned to death.

The PzIII had an exiting role in the battle, being the only tank that could stand up to the guns of Heidelberg's tanks. First narrowly avoiding damage as it tangled with 'Tilli', then blocking off it's ability to exit via a side road, it's second shot at the tank over penetrating. The third round went effortlessly through the rear armour of the 'Tilli', critically wounding the driver and grievously injuring the others inside, before return fire from 'Oskar' penetrated it's own crew comparment, though to a less devastating effect on the personnel inside, with the gunner walking it off unscathed and the driver being only nicked, the commander taking grievous wounds (Though was saved in the field). As it moved to engage 'Trudi' the stug again fired, dismembering it's tracks in it's final shot before the match ended.

Stridvagen M40/K was the unlikely hero of the match, despite it's rather... average crew. Whilst it got bogged down at the start, it quickly freed itself, moving into position to flank 'Tilli'. The first flanking attempt failed, with the tank able to get into position due to the heidelburg tank's quick manoeuvring, the second turn proved to be more successful. Only for it to find itself staring down the front of the PzIV. While in a valiant effort it fired, the low-calibre round merely bounced off the frontal armour. The second shot proving much more effective as it tore through the side armour and essentially destroying the turret. The third, final and match ending shot the M40/k fired was from ambush at the side of 'Trudi', piercing into it's crew compartment and wreaking havoc, slaying the driver whom was already injured from burns sustained in putting out the engine fire and crically wounding the gunner.

End result:
-Heidelberg:
Losses: Seven crew dead, One tank destroyed, one tank critically damaged, two tanks damaged? (Trudi had an engine fire and Oskar a fuel leak. Dunno if those are something that needs to be repaid from a dedicated facility though.), one crew injured.
Kills: One Tank destroyed, Three Crew.
-Sydney:
Losses: One Tank Destroyed, Three crew Dead, Five Crew injured.
Kills: One Tank Destroyed, One Tank Critically damaged, Seven Crew.

EDIT: @Stirk we were, but real life got in the way so we continued it today from where we left off.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Lucky I didn't bet then :P. Looks like you made a nice use of the town at least. It seems like over-penetration was a huge factor in this match, I'll have to keep that in mind for my round.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, those are more the result of low severity rolls. The more you penetrate the armour by, the more damage you're likely to do. If you get over 10 damage it's a critical hit. That's where things start getting bloody and explosive since those automatically make the severity the maximum possible.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Heidelberg University vs. Sydney School of Mechanized Warfare

This Match has been Sponsored by Hansaplasttm providing band-aids and burn-salves since 1922

Hello and welcome to the Recap of the first Match of this Season: Heidelberg University vs. Sydney School of Mechanized Warfare! What a match, it was close till the end and both teams were relatively evenly matched. Am i right Fried?

Indeed you are i daresay the match was decided by the tactics of the Australians. the German Team relied far too much on their heavier front armor of the Panzer IVs.

Let us take a look at the final moments of the match again
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In those Final moments we see Trudi running right into an ambush made by the m42k and the m40k. the Stridsvagns cause first an engine fire and then blow up most of the crew.

But that is not the only casualty today

Indeed, indeed.

The First casualty of the the day was the T-28 of Sydney. Trying to get a better vantage point on the Hills to the right it suffered a catastrophic fuel tank fire within the first few minutes of the match. A well placed shot by the StuG III set it on fire and caused the loss of two crewmembers. Only the T-28s Driver managed to survive.

The Second Casualty of the day was Etta, the 38(t) of the Heidelberg Team, whilst trying to shell the town with indirect fire support it got attacked by the Crusader, who immediately killed it by blowing up its ammunition depot.

Arguably the third Casualty was Tilli, the Panzer IV of the Heidelberg Team. first engaged by the Pz.III of Sydney it got later on surrounded by the Panzer III, The Crusader and the m40k. The result was a devastating shot, destroying the tower of the tank and killing the gunner, with an already disabled driver the tank retreated into a small farmstead using its frontal armor as a shield while sitting the match out. However the commanders medicinal abilities were not enough and the driver was finally lost too.

Then We got the Crusader Crew: 1 Dead Driver, Injured Gunner, Injured Captain
The Panzer III: tracks shot off, 1 Light Injured driver, 1 severely injured Commander
Trudi: Dead Driver, Heavily Injured Gunner
Oskar the StuG III: damaged fuel tank.

All in all a very hard fought match. But lets look at the total Statistics:

Statistics

Team: Heidelberg University
Lost the Match
Tank Kills: 1
Tanks Damaged: 1
Crew Killed:3
Crew Injured:5
MVP: StuG III "Oskar" with 1 Kill, 1 Dam, 2CK, 3CI

Team: Sydney School of Mechanized Warfare
Won the Match
Tank Kills: 1
Tanks damaged: 2
Crew Killed:6
Crew Injured:1
MVP: Stridsvagn m40k with 2 Dam, 3CK, 1CI

As a result of the match up the Heidelberg University recieves 1.000 Points for losing the Match and 5.000 as an end of the Season Bonus, due to it being eliminated from the Tournament.

Oskars Crew gains the skill Engineering 1 aswell as Gunnery 7

As a result of the match up the Sydney School of Mechanized Warfare moves up in the rankings and gains 5.000 points for winning the match.

the Stridvagn m40k Crew gets Gunnery 4 and Driving 5
the Crusader Mk1 Crew gets Gunnery 3
the T28 Driver gets Field Medicine 1, Pyrophobia, Scarred

New Facilities have been unlocked!
You can now hire new Crews!
New Upgrades have been unlocked!

grah just saw Taricus summary...his is superior...anyway i'll update the sheets of the two players, the OP post with facilities and the new Schools later and then i will give you the teams for the next match.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Actually, those are more the result of low severity rolls. The more you penetrate the armour by, the more damage you're likely to do. If you get over 10 damage it's a critical hit. That's where things start getting bloody and explosive since those automatically make the severity the maximum possible.

Hmm, I really have to find where these rules are written  :P. I honestly expected more tank casualties, I wonder if the relatively small amount of casaulties will end up giving both of you an advantage later on?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, Kashyyk decided to cut his losses and gave up.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45