Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36109 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 1
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2015, 05:16:37 pm »

@Everyone: Do you actually know your wincon?  Just yes or no.
I know mine.
What a silly question. Of course I know mine.
;) Just kidding, of course; if it were a silly question you wouldn't have asked it in the first place or everyone would be berating you for not being serious; but just so you know, I do know mine.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »

I know my wincon.

Tomasque, change the OP in what way?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2015, 07:08:09 pm »

I know mine.
If you do know your wincon, why did you imply that you didnt here?
*shrugs*
I don't know either.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »

TheBiggerFish (may I call you TBF?) I don't know how to read code at all. So thanks for speaking normally.

As for the edit on my post, I think it is a pop-up add based on the wording. I do not know if I have a "virus" or not, nor do I know what a "virus" is in the context of this game. I have a few theories.

1. The "virus" would make sense as a cult because of its ability to replicate. Maybe the ad was a hint to there being a cult, but I doubt it means that I am part of the cult since I got no pm's about it. It also wouldn't make sense balance-wise because that would make new members easy pickings. However, I do think that a cult would fit very well with the theme of this game.

2. The "virus" is the means by which the mafia kill people. It might be a delayed kill which only takes place later, or it could be instantaneous, I don't know. I also don't think the ad is implying that I am infected, I think it is just used as a hint.

3. Maybe all of the players are considered "viruses" (which would make sense if "quarantine" means vote, which was the post that the ad appeared on.) It could be that the ad is implying that there are some good viruses and bad viruses like in the human body. Unfortunately, if this is true, it does not give anybody much useful information.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2015, 07:37:57 pm »

You can abbreviate, yes.
Yeah, it kinda got tiring to compose eventually, so I stopped.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2015, 10:08:35 pm »

I know mine.
*shrugs*
I don't know either.
Unvote
Vote TBF

If you dont know why you said that, that implies that you are flying by the seat of your pants. You saying that we need to find our wincons, and then saying that you know your wincon after I start questioning you about it makes it sound like you are scum trying to cover yourself. What do you say to this?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2015, 10:31:04 pm »

I know mine.
*shrugs*
I don't know either.
Unvote
Vote TBF

If you dont know why you said that, that implies that you are flying by the seat of your pants. You saying that we need to find our wincons, and then saying that you know your wincon after I start questioning you about it makes it sound like you are scum trying to cover yourself. What do you say to this?
I don't even know WHAT to say to that.
Somehow, you've made "not knowing why you said something, off the top of your head, a day or more (??  It feels so long ago.  And I don't know why that is but it's WEIRD) after you originally said it" and/or "Not having a plan" (which I don't) into "SCUMTELL".  I don't follow your logic, so I can't refute it.   :-\
Vote to not be quarantined.
(That is to say, I don't have anyone I suspect, but I don't want to die, so it's a floating vote somewhere to just tie up the quarantine votes?  If that's even a thing?  I don't think it's a thing.  Ugh.  But seriously.)

((On that note, sleep calls, please don't kill me while I'm off.))
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2015, 11:19:50 pm »

Somehow, you've made "not knowing why you said something, off the top of your head, a day or more (??  It feels so long ago.  And I don't know why that is but it's WEIRD) after you originally said it" and/or "Not having a plan" (which I don't) into "SCUMTELL".  I don't follow your logic, so I can't refute it.   :-\
(That is to say, I don't have anyone I suspect, but I don't want to die, so it's a floating vote somewhere to just tie up the quarantine votes?  If that's even a thing?  I don't think it's a thing.  Ugh.  But seriously.)

TBS (blue means "I'm watching you")

Peradon is saying that since you first implied that you needed help finding out your wincon, then stated that you knew yours, you must have been lying about one of them. When he questioned you about it, your reply was "I don't know". I agree with him that your actions look scummy, (we have a saying, "lynch all lairs" which some adhere to more strictly than others.) I am putting this one incident as inexperience. Even if the discrepancy happened a day apart, it is not that you changed your mind about something within a day, it is that you directly contradicted a fact you gave earlier.

You cannot place your own vote to save yourself, but you can place a vote for "no lynch" of you want to. Although it is better to pick somebody to vote for rather than advocate for no lynching.

Nobody will be lynched until Tuesday, so as long as you are on before then, you won't have to worry about that.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2015, 11:22:58 pm »

I know mine.
*shrugs*
I don't know either.
Unvote
Vote TBF

Ok, maybe I didnt explain myself well enough. You dont give an explanation for the contradiction. You dont even try to defend yourself. It seems to me that that is basically you admitting to the contradiction. Contradictions are scumtells, especially with things like that arent subjective, like your wincon.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2015, 02:51:55 am »

Toony
Toony, noted. Do you think TBF has a post restriction or is just messing with us?
He's messing with us.
Yeah, he's now admitted to it being for fun. Do you think this is pro-scum, pro-town, or neutral?
Probably nothing? I don't remember role-playing being explicitly malicious.

I know this sounds farfetched and somewhat scummy, but I think that the "mafia" are the ones that change the posts. Their choice of post was a good one, but it was too late. Why was it a good post? Just look:
Oh! Quarantine means vote. That makes alot more sense now.
If a person who didn't understand that read the post, they would realize that it was really simple to vote. If they couldn't read it, they might not realize it until the following day, but they probably would have declared a no lynch the day before because of there confusion! See how that would benefit the mafia?
I'm not following.

I know mine.
Yes.

I know mine.
*shrugs*
I don't know either.
Unvote
Vote TBF

wait

stop

what are you doing

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2015, 08:19:15 am »

I know mine.
*shrugs*
I don't know either.
Unvote
Vote TBF

Ok, maybe I didnt explain myself well enough. You dont give an explanation for the contradiction. You dont even try to defend yourself. It seems to me that that is basically you admitting to the contradiction. Contradictions are scumtells, especially with things like that arent subjective, like your wincon.
Here's the explanation, then, as far as I have it.
1)Phones do not make looking up PMs easy.
2)I was (probably) on my phone when I posted that.
3)I hadn't read my role PM recently and thus was unsure of whether my wincon was explicitly mentioned.
4)Later, I was on my laptop and could look up said.
5)Then my second post.
Add to that that frankly, I'm usually half out of it because I don't have [NOSLEEP] and I have to get up at like 5:30.
So yeah, I am definitely admitting I contradicted myself, but that's due to technology-induced stupids, not malice.  And if I was scum, why would I imply my wincon wasn't town???

Also, thanks origamiscienceguy.
(Can we abbreviate that?)

@ToonyMan:Attempting to not be lynched, without explicitly voting for anyone?  Like I said, this is probably Not A Thing, but I seriously have nobody I actually think is scum yet.
If I cannot vote against lynching myself, Vote Tomasque.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2015, 08:25:32 am »

everybody calls me OSG.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2015, 10:38:35 am »

Tomasque
I know this sounds farfetched and somewhat scummy, but I think that the "mafia" are the ones that change the posts. Their choice of post was a good one, but it was too late. Why was it a good post? Just look:
Oh! Quarantine means vote. That makes alot more sense now.
If a person who didn't understand that read the post, they would realize that it was really simple to vote. If they couldn't read it, they might not realize it until the following day, but they probably would have declared a no lynch the day before because of there confusion! See how that would benefit the mafia?
If it was changed on behalf of a player I agree that it was probably changed by mafia (or a malicious 3rd party). That said, nobody was pushing for a no lynch at the time, so I'm not sure how well that theory holds.

TheBiggerFish
Roight.  In the interest of not confusing everybody, I'm going to stop with the code stuff.  That and that is actually kind of hard to do. 
@NQT: Don't you mean work of Armok?
Sure, my mistake.

I know mine.
Yes.

Not being able to form suspicions is the #1 scumtell in my book. There's been enough activity, if you're town you should be able to form a provisional case on someone.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2015, 11:12:48 am »

I know my wincon.

Tomasque, change the OP in what way?
Changing the turn order (I was mostly referring to the post after the OP), or something like that. I just looked at it and saw there wasn't as much stuff there to change as I thought there was. Messing with how lengthening /shortening works would be pretty evil, moreso if it was done by a mafia ability.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2015, 11:14:36 am »

TheBiggerFish
Roight.  In the interest of not confusing everybody, I'm going to stop with the code stuff.  That and that is actually kind of hard to do. 
@NQT: Don't you mean work of Armok?
Sure, my mistake.

I know mine.
Yes.

Not being able to form suspicions is the #1 scumtell in my book. There's been enough activity, if you're town you should be able to form a provisional case on someone.
If I was Mafia, I'd have thrown a lynch at someone without a moment's hesitation.  It could only have helped me.  Instead, I am trying to avoid voting off a townie accidentally while trying to preserve my role.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28