Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36129 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 1
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2015, 09:33:38 pm »

Thank you, Tomasque.
I'm probably dead anyway ( :( ), but thanks. 
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2015, 09:38:38 pm »

TBS, while things look grim for you, never give up. You still have 2 days to convince people that someone else deserves to die more than you. Look closely at other peoples posts and try to find contradictions. People will more likely give you leniency because this is your first time playing.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2015, 11:25:04 am »

Especially look for people who have avoided answering questions.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2015, 12:41:50 pm »

Are you referring to me? I didn't have a lot of time during the times you asked me them because I was using a school computer/ playing Minecraft (which is amazing). Just give me a moment to find them.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2015, 01:13:37 pm »

That moment when you realize you have so many messages that you have to reply to:

Everybody: Do you think that Meph's ability to edit posts will have a profound impact on the game?
Yes, but it will probably be due to "mafia" abilities.

Everyone: What are your general thoughts about Gambits?
They're pretty cool if you can pull them off, but can make you look scummy as hell if you fail (or even if you succeed).

Tomasque: Would you feel it is a sad and lonely day to be town?  That is, to say, do you think scum has an advantage in this game?  Or perhaps some third-party?
It's frustrating to be town, and yes, scum definitely has the advantage here. I think there might might be a 3rd party here, and lord save us all if it's a Tanner.

Everyone: Do you think asking a question to "everyone" is a bullshit and lazy tactic and that you refuse to answer such questions as well?
It is lazy, but not necessarily bad, since you get to see the viewpoints of everyone in the game, all pertaining to the same question. In fact, looking at it now, I think I have a great idea:
How we do it now
@player1: *question1*
@player2: *question2*
@player3: *question3*
How I think we should do it
@Everyone: *question1, question2, question3*

The Comic Sans has been removed. This is interesting.... Thoughts, anyone?
I think that the Mod found that they were aesthetically unpleasing. That's probably all.

Tuesday. Why are you so anxious for night to happen? Do you have a fun ability?
No. I was just wondering how much longer we had to reach a decision.

Tomasque, if you want the day to end sooner, you're able to vote for a shorten. If you do want the day to end earlier, are you happy enough to see TBF lynched? If so, why aren't you voting for him?
I don't want the day to end earlier. In fact, I vote to lengthen the day, since it seems that TBF needs some time to make a defense, and then we'll need time to try to punch holes in it, then he'll try to patch it up, then we'll try to tear it down, so on and so on... I'll hold my vote until we're absolutely sure about TBFs role.

I think I'll ask a few questions of my own:
Everyone: What is the main reason that you believe TBF is suspicious? Who is the the one person that most convinces you that TBF is scum (other than TBF)? Would you still think that TBF is scum if it turned out that person was scum?
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2015, 02:10:34 pm »

Tomasque: Would you feel it is a sad and lonely day to be town?  That is, to say, do you think scum has an advantage in this game?  Or perhaps some third-party?
It's frustrating to be town, and yes, scum definitely has the advantage here. I think there might might be a 3rd party here, and lord save us all if it's a Tanner.
Wait just a minute... Unvote, Vote Tomasque. How the hell do you know that the scum "definitely has the advantage here"? The only possible way you could know that is if you are scum.

Tomasque, if you want the day to end sooner, you're able to vote for a shorten. If you do want the day to end earlier, are you happy enough to see TBF lynched? If so, why aren't you voting for him?
I don't want the day to end earlier. In fact, I vote to lengthen the day, since it seems that TBF needs some time to make a defense, and then we'll need time to try to punch holes in it, then he'll try to patch it up, then we'll try to tear it down, so on and so on... I'll hold my vote until we're absolutely sure about TBFs role.

Everyone: What is the main reason that you believe TBF is suspicious? Who is the the one person that most convinces you that TBF is scum (other than TBF)? Would you still think that TBF is scum if it turned out that person was scum?
Hold on, are you and TBS scum partners or something?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2015, 02:30:27 pm »

@OGS:  I don't know about that.  I mean, Scum know a power role, that's a definite advantage.  Then again mine is kinda pointless anyway.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2015, 02:40:25 pm »

@OGS:  I don't know about that.  I mean, Scum know a power role, that's a definite advantage.  Then again mine is kinda pointless anyway.
But scum typically have much less people.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2015, 02:41:09 pm »

Wait just a minute... Unvote, Vote Tomasque. How the hell do you know that the scum "definitely has the advantage here"? The only possible way you could know that is if you are scum.
What I was trying to say is this: Scum have advantage because no one knows what their actual abilities are. Is it them who change posts? Can they convert? Can they investigate? On top of this is the fact that no one knows what roles are in the game, making the "uninformed majority" (the good guys) be even less informed, and therefore aiding the "informed minority" (the bad guys) considerably (though hurting them a little as well).

Hold on, are you and TBS scum partners or something?
I am not scum, I am simply considering the fact that TBF might not be scum as well. I was simply trying to write a question to everyone like I proposed during the same post, and I thought it would be nice if it was relevant to the current situation.
Money!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2015, 02:45:30 pm »

What I was trying to say is this: Scum have advantage because no one knows what their actual abilities are. Is it them who change posts? Can they convert? Can they investigate? On top of this is the fact that no one knows what roles are in the game, making the "uninformed majority" (the good guys) be even less informed, and therefore aiding the "informed minority" (the bad guys) considerably (though hurting them a little as well).
But that is not how you originally said it. You said, "scum definitely has the advantage here." Which had no clarification until after I caller you out about it. These mafia games are made to be as balanced as possible.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2015, 02:48:47 pm »

Unvote.  Ugh.  This is why we have beginner's games.  So that we don't have to spend all this time teaching a new player how we do things around here in a big-boy game.

ToonyMan:  Color me curious as to why you're still voting OSG. 

Teneb:
We should probably try and find out the point behind that edit, if any.
I was going to suggest that perhaps a specific keyword or -words triggered Meph's edit, but other people have said things like "quarantine" and "vote" and didn't get an edit.  Maybe it's because OSG put "alot" in his post and Meph is making fun of him. 

What I am curious about is if "Visit our web page to download our Master Anti-Virus Suite RIGHT NOW" is just flavor, or a part of the bastardly puzzle ...

NQT:
The B12 meta is to begin every game with questions of dubious merit.
I'm stealing this line for future use.  That's like the best RVS summary I've ever heard.

Tomasque:
I know this sounds farfetched and somewhat scummy, but I think that the "mafia" are the ones that change the posts. Their choice of post was a good one, but it was too late. Why was it a good post? Just look:
Oh! Quarantine means vote. That makes alot more sense now.
If a person who didn't understand that read the post, they would realize that it was really simple to vote. If they couldn't read it, they might not realize it until the following day, but they probably would have declared a no lynch the day before because of there confusion! See how that would benefit the mafia?
That sounds farfetched, but for a different reason that what you're assuming.  OSG's original text wasn't changed;  just more text was added on.  How exactly would that have benefitted scum if we assume scum modified his post?  Not to mention that I think I can speak for most players when I say that figuring out "quarantine == vote" wasn't exactly a taxing mental activity, yeah?

How I think we should do it
@Everyone: *question1, question2, question3*
No.

Active Cycle 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
So is this the level of reading comprehension we can expect from you for the rest of the game?

You sound like you really don't want to see TBF lynched.  Is there a good reason for that?  What exact information do you think you could receive on D1 to make you (or anyone else) absolutely sure about TBF's role?

OSG:
Sorry about that. I do think that anyone who lurks too long should be lynched. If anything, it will remove an unhelpful player with a chance of removing a scum member.
Why are you apologizing?
What would you define as "too long"?
Do you think there is a situation in which a helpful player may be lurking "too long"?

Tiruin:
Welp x_x Could've In'd to this...but then surprise typhoon knocked out all power on Friday (restored on the same day), but all internet until today [Saturday, late afternoon to be exact]

Ahh. ._.
<nelsonhaha.jpg>

Seriously though, I sincerely hope your shit didn't get wrecked.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2015, 02:55:49 pm »

OSG:
Sorry about that. I do think that anyone who lurks too long should be lynched. If anything, it will remove an unhelpful player with a chance of removing a scum member.
Why are you apologizing?
What would you define as "too long"?
Do you think there is a situation in which a helpful player may be lurking "too long"?
I was apologising because I missed his question when I went through the first time. I itilicised "too long" because it changes from situation to situation. For me, "too long" is the point when the player's absence is hurting the town more than helping it.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2015, 03:22:11 pm »

Tomasque:
I know this sounds farfetched and somewhat scummy, but I think that the "mafia" are the ones that change the posts. Their choice of post was a good one, but it was too late. Why was it a good post? Just look:
Oh! Quarantine means vote. That makes alot more sense now.
If a person who didn't understand that read the post, they would realize that it was really simple to vote. If they couldn't read it, they might not realize it until the following day, but they probably would have declared a no lynch the day before because of there confusion! See how that would benefit the mafia?
That sounds farfetched, but for a different reason that what you're assuming.  OSG's original text wasn't changed;  just more text was added on.  How exactly would that have benefitted scum if we assume scum modified his post?  Not to mention that I think I can speak for most players when I say that figuring out "quarantine == vote" wasn't exactly a taxing mental activity, yeah?
I wasn't there when all that happened (as you would see if you checked the earlier posts), and if I was (as you will no doubt try to prove), I must not have been paying too much attention. I thought that the text had replaced his post. As to how the mafia believed it would help them? It might have been a "use it or lose it" ability. Now that I think about it, it could have just been the mod trying to introduce the idea of post altering.

So is this the level of reading comprehension we can expect from you for the rest of the game?
I usually filter out anything below the horizontal line in posts, because usually it marks the end of the post and the beginning of a sig.

You sound like you really don't want to see TBF lynched.  Is there a good reason for that?  What exact information do you think you could receive on D1 to make you (or anyone else) absolutely sure about TBF's role?
1. I'm trying to give TBF a chance, because he seems to be new player (no offense to him). 2. You people seem pretty sure that now I'm the scum for some reason, so clearly we haven't reached a conclusion yet.
Money!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2015, 03:58:39 pm »

Quarantine Count
origamiscienceguy: TheBiggerFish, ToonyMan
Teneb: notquitethere
TheBiggerFish: Peradon
Tomasque: origamiscienceguy, Shakerag

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2015, 04:06:48 pm »

I feel that a lot of people have voted others to get them to reply, but then have forgotten to unvote. For instance, I have already explained why I said what I said, OSG. Unless you can think of reasons why I would be lying, could you please unvote me?
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28