Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97100 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Design
« Reply #1950 on: September 11, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »

This is a a national effort joke, Please take it seriously.

The Death Ball

What happens when you strap rockets and a gyroscope to a boulder? You get the death ball. The Death Ball is a giant boulder (about 3 stories tall) that is designed to roll over all Arztoskan infantry, and tanks, and trees, and landmines, and snipers, and officers, buildings,  and factories. The rockets propel it forward and then we just hope it works. The gyroscopes make sure that it keeps getting propelled forward as well as prevent it from sinking in the ground So about steering it? The answer is simple, fire another one; just more accurately.

The first Moskurg weapon that has no real life equivalent (except the Indiana Jones boulder trap). Desperation always breeds creative ingenuity.

I will be interested in seeing how effective it is. If it works, let's spend our expense credit on it.

On the bright side, this thing predominately uses oil rather than ore. It might not even be a national effort. If so, then definitely use our expense credit on it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 11, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »

The Death Ball

What happens when you strap rockets and a gyroscope to a boulder? You get the death ball. The Death Ball is a giant boulder (about 3 stories tall) that is designed to roll over all Arztoskan infantry, and tanks, and trees, and landmines, and snipers, and officers, buildings,  and factories. The rockets propel it forward and then we just hope it works. The gyroscopes make sure that it keeps getting propelled forward as well as prevent it from sinking in the ground So about steering it? The answer is simple, fire another one; just more accurately.

The first Moskurg weapon that has no real life equivalent (except the Indiana Jones boulder trap). Desperation always breeds creative ingenuity.

I will be interested in seeing how effective it is. If it works, let's spend our expense credit on it.

On the bright side, this thing predominately uses oil rather than ore. It might not even be a national effort. If so, then definitely use our expense credit on it.
Dear god. This....this is genius.

+1.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 11, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »

It's absolutely beautiful.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 11, 2015, 05:50:42 pm »

Historically, Germany Britain (I always assume it's Germany with the ridiculous wunderwaffe) actually tried to do that, but on a smaller scale.

So, it actually does have a real world equivalent.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 11, 2015, 07:21:11 pm »

Historically, Germany Britain (I always assume it's Germany with the ridiculous wunderwaffe) actually tried to do that, but on a smaller scale.

So, it actually does have a real world equivalent.

"Not to be removed" indeed.

Edit: On the topic of ridiculous hailmary wunderwaffen, we could also try to build a helicopter. We'd only technically be ahead of the game by a single year, and we could totally mount a rhino/hippo or stallion/brumby on it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:07:41 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 11, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »

The Death Ball

+1.

+1.

Hail Mary.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 11, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »

The Death Ball

+1.

+1.

Hail Mary.

+1. This should be good.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 11, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »

We're screwed anyway. Why the hell not. +1

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 11, 2015, 09:28:55 pm »

+1.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 12, 2015, 03:02:41 am »

I am sitting now in my chair, staring at a pair of dice on my desk which have a wry sense of humor. A one in thirty-six chance, and they use it on this? Truly, the random number god is fickle.

The Death Ball: A 30-foot boulder, on two equally large steel wheels, which themselves are lined with rockets to propel it. The boulder is hewn smooth and round, and hollowed by stoneworkers (in 1935!) to support a stabilizing gyroscope. It can reliably roll in something resembling a straight line thanks to its gyroscope, although large moguls or divots will send it wildly off course. For the ten seconds or so it keeps to speed, it can crush a tank hull. In fact the most difficult thing about its use is moving it around before firing it. It, or the boulder from it is constructed, is too large to move around on a truck, so it is instead dragged on a sled by several trucks, in a modern mechanized method which resembles the way in which ancient people moved stone megaliths. Once hewn into shape and given their gyro, chassis and rockets, they are generally not moved, but kept in place and rotated to aim. Costs 6 ore, 2 oil, and can only be deployed in areas with flat land access to a stone quarry.

Gained some ridiculous bullshit technology.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 BC Revision
« Reply #1960 on: September 12, 2015, 03:27:11 am »

Congratulations, you made a NE that happens to be as cheap as something can be while still being a NE.  It's entirely fitting with the performance of the team for the entire game.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 12, 2015, 03:52:11 am »

Congratulations, you made a NE that happens to be as cheap as something can be while still being a NE.  It's entirely fitting with the performance of the team for the entire game.
Damn dude, lighten up. Didn't anyone ever tell you that losing is fun?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 12, 2015, 05:23:53 am »

This turn is the best turn yet. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 12, 2015, 05:24:32 am »

I'm curious, why is it 6 ore?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 12, 2015, 05:47:07 am »

Big rock?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 135