Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97073 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 BC Revision
« Reply #1965 on: September 12, 2015, 05:48:58 am »

Big rock?
Mostly, yeah. It represents a lot of mining effort to carve out a megalith like that. And it has metal bits.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 12, 2015, 06:03:23 am »

We were kinda hoping for it to not cost ore to be honest. :P

Anyway, revision time. What shall we use it on? reducing the ore cost of the Tiger Armour?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 12, 2015, 06:05:34 am »

Make a wooden version of your big boulder?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 12, 2015, 06:20:28 am »

Losing can be fun.  It could be spectacular, such as the chaotic breakdown of a highly-organized system.  It could be co-operative, such as it being part of a gripping drama or a necessary position, such as a play or a heel.  It could be fulfilling, such as the end of a glorious, we'll-matched contest, or at the hands of a demonstration of beauty and brilliance.

This, well, wasn't any of those.  It was a more ordinary sort of failure, drawn out and painful, with little going for it save too much effort and forlorn hope.

Even right now, people are proclaiming this the best turn ever, and my mind is going 'if only we made a battleship..'  We would have still lost, but we wouldn't have made yet another ineffective, ill-conceived device that fails at even being a good joke object.

It's like, I don't know, watching people protest GMOs.  You see a lot of people thoroughly enjoying themselves, but behind it all is a firm reminder that the people having fun are living in a different world than you, and in that world you have no place.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 12, 2015, 06:23:36 am »

Make a wooden version of your big boulder?

I get the feeling that'll stop it from being effective in any way.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 12, 2015, 08:18:35 am »

be creative, find ways to add weight that aren't a big, solid, single piece boulder which is hard to find, move and work with.

( I know I shouldn't be here and usually I don't read the latest turns in this thread, but we finished our turn and... well, this turn is this turn, with all its absurd designs ( those who poke in our thread will know). Besides, our front lines are so advanced that our soldiers can just hear you talking :P)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 12, 2015, 08:22:41 am »

It's true, I have to throw rocks at them every now and again to stop them reading the design boards.

On the theme of other ways to make it heavy (so totally my idea and not taken from any Arstotzkans), we could make the boulder out of wood reinforced with steel, but fill the non-gyroscopic parts with gravel or something.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 12, 2015, 08:23:22 am »

Why not a big wooden barrel that you fill with sands and smaller rocks? I have the impression that the issue is largely due to the huge amount of labour involved in sculpting the boulder.

Edit: Ninja

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 12, 2015, 08:26:20 am »

Lower the expense of the Indy Boulder to VE.

If we can do that somehow, we can then spend our expense credit on it and win the game.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 12, 2015, 08:27:51 am »

make it out of concrete? seems more modern.And can be cast in the right shape. Although I am not sure why I am designing for you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 12, 2015, 08:29:15 am »

Oh, yeah, reinforced concrete should be nice no?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 12, 2015, 08:30:55 am »

Although I am not sure why I am designing for you.
Because you want to see how effective this will actually be. Maybe if all your soldiers are laughing too much they won't notice all the sniper support.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: September 12, 2015, 08:35:50 am »

but, have you seen what we designed? your snipers will be too busy looking at that to snipe anything.

Interesting turn. Your design screams desperation to use anything to stop the invading army ( and seems like it would be reasonably effective in ambushes at least, if concrete makes it cheaper). Our design screams incalculable hubris. Overall, the game just took a turn off the rails ( take a guess at what destroyed the rails :P) in an hilarious way. Can't wait to see combat reports.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: September 12, 2015, 08:37:21 am »

To be honest, our design is a semi-rational response to the fact that the game mechanics prevent us from establishing airfields anywhere to support our planes.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 12, 2015, 08:45:00 am »

rational goal, irrational awesome solution. But we should not give too many details here for the sake of those who haven't witnesses our glory yet.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 135