Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97122 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1934 Production
« Reply #1935 on: September 10, 2015, 08:10:01 am »

Our cavalry have been shown using MK-47s on horseback, even before the revision, so I don't think we need the carbine.
Oh were they? Ok then. I was under the impression they were still using our horsekiller carbines. If that's the case, let's obsolete it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 10, 2015, 09:24:48 am »

Agreed.

Also, can we issue an order for our troops to make petrol bombs in the field? They would just be mixing diesel fuel and motor oil in a glass bottle, then sticking a rag in for a fuse. Not exactly a factory made weapon. They might get us a slight boost even if they do end up costing oil, but they aren't worth a design.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:54:21 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 10, 2015, 09:39:17 am »

I'm still in favour of retaining the MK-47. Interoperability of ammo is always a bonus, so we can have dedicated .300 squads.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 10, 2015, 09:40:36 am »

Eh, the old MK-47 is obsolete. It doesn't really offer anything that either the new 'A' variant or the Sorraia doesn't already do.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 10, 2015, 09:45:07 am »

Eh, the old MK-47 is obsolete. It doesn't really offer anything that either the new 'A' variant or the Sorraia doesn't already do.
except it is in the .300 and I can imagine there are situations that soldiers won't want to carry two kinds of ammo in a squad.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 10, 2015, 10:00:22 am »

Eh, all things considered, that's a pretty... poor reason for that., given that it's likely only going to be our support weapons being chambered for the .30 cal from this point.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Design
« Reply #1941 on: September 11, 2015, 04:54:10 am »

If they solve either issue with that Tiger armour (which is currently very expensive for them, being complex and foreign measurements) we are massively screwed. Our two designs were also nowhere near as effective as we needed them to be.

Right, we need to start making things out of wood now. My suggestion would be rocket artillery. This should be designed with as few metal parts as possible (use wood instead) and make the most of our 2 oil. Oil equates to explosives and fuel after all. Possibly a revision for all our heavy weapons, to make partial wood versions?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 11, 2015, 05:09:21 am »

edit:you see nothing!!!!!!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 11, 2015, 06:18:06 am »

For fucks sake people stop making expensive shit. Think cheap. We need cheap mass producable crap we can throw at them en masse.

RPGS,
Sticky Bombs,
UZIs
Automatic (or not) Shotguns
Remote explosives
Radar

we are entering city warfare, we have cavarly and we have armour that means we are still better at close quarters combat than them and there is the point were we have to turn them around. We need to play to our strengths not to theirs.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:24:38 am by Ghazkull »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 11, 2015, 08:06:53 am »

I suggest that we figure out some sort of technology for guerrilla warfare/terrorism I guess should Artotzka pull for a Moskurg-culture-destroying full surrender... Basically, we should make it not worth their while.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 11, 2015, 09:02:40 am »

Radar to support the Bumblebees, and Sticky Bombs to take on their tanks with our cavalry.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 11, 2015, 01:30:33 pm »

We need to secure our ore supplies if we're to have even the faintest hope of stopping their advance on the capital. It seems now that nothing we design this turn will be able to stop them there with our metal supplies as they are. Improving the M1 service rifle is a good revision for mountain combat, but what to design? Vehicles aren't much use up there, so a crewed or possibly towed weapon is probably the way to go. I'd say air if we had the operational range, but as it stands artillery seems to be the way to go. How's this?

M35 "Torrent" Field Gun

A 3.6 inch gun mounted on a wheeled split-trail carriage capable of serving as both a light artillery piece and an AT gun, with a rounded face shield to protect its crew from snipers and other small arms fire. It utilizes a horizontal sliding wedge action, and can fire smoke, shrapnel, incendiary, and HEAT rounds in addition to standard shells. It has an optional (so we don't get priced out of this gun because of it) mechanical director and targeting calculator system to improve its indirect fire capability and precision at long ranges. Metal parts are welded, cast, or stamped wherever possible to further reduce manufacturing costs.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 11, 2015, 01:44:01 pm »

The main problem with artillery right now is that they have overhelming Air-Superiority. So anything not infantry based is fucked.

Improved Mortars might be the way to go. Easily deployable in the Mountain Ranges, cheap and able to be used by our infantry.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: September 11, 2015, 01:47:52 pm »

The main problem with artillery right now is that they have overhelming Air-Superiority. So anything not infantry based is fucked.

Improved Mortars might be the way to go. Easily deployable in the Mountain Ranges, cheap and able to be used by our infantry.

They can't get really their aircraft into the mountains though, where this is designed to operate. Maybe a heavy mortar is a better option though. It loses out on the AT capability, but it'd definitely be cheaper and man portable is good here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 11, 2015, 02:38:22 pm »

they don't have tanks in the mountains but they sure as hell have aircraft.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 135