Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97025 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production
« on: July 22, 2015, 03:27:35 am »

Moskurg, Moskurg, Moskurg STRONK,
Beauty in the face of TAONKs,
Gods may oppose us,
Hope they may grind,
But with great weapons
We desecrate shrines!

Moskurg, Moskurg, Moskurg STRONK,
In our war we can do no WRONK,
Fast as the desert sands,
Stronk-as-a tiger's love,
We shall crush our foes
With glor-ious death from above!

*a single tear falls from a Moskurg soldier's eye*

Glory to Moskurg, engineers! Ever since our ancient blacksmiths hammered out our first sword, we have sought weapons to strike fear into the hearts of Arstotzka. Every inch of land on Forenia is rightfully ours, but thanks to the questionable efforts of our previous engineers, we have an clumsy, outdated armory and have been pushed back to the sandy north corner of continent.

The full rules for this game are in the OOC thread. However, the basics are this: Each year you will get to design a weapon (or other item, such as armor or a vehicle). Then, you will get one chance to revise that design (or another existing one) before it goes into production. Then you will get a report on your weapons' performance, and the next year will begin.

Here is the current state of Moskurg's army:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember: We only have enough staff to draft one new design this year. Then, we get one chance to revise that design (or a different one) before going into production.

What shall we design, engineers?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:23:48 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1910 Design Phase
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 07:19:29 am »

Spoiler: M1 Stallion MG (click to show/hide)

Its a bit outside of our current technologies, but we're going to need to start developing it sometime unless we want to have an army wielding high powered and inaccurate sniper rifles :v

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 12:43:03 pm »

Let's see. We have a lot of oil, so we probably should support it by having an advantage on mobility... Let's do this.

Model M General Automobile

- 1 Gallon Engine
- Wide and low (but not too low) classis to balance between the needs of transportation, mobility, and safety
- Like every automobile, can be fitted with a car, truck or armored truck body
- Design should focus on simplicity in production - they are going to outtravel any horse
- The armored version could initially sport a collection of Horsekiller rifles, or the M1 Stallion MG that our colleague proposed (if it gets built)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 03:07:38 pm »

We have two plans in the running: A car and a machinegun. Normally I'd break a tie like this, since I've already moved the Arstotzka thread forward, but since we only have two posts I'll wait a little longer.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 03:09:49 pm »

+1 to the M1 Stallion.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 05:47:33 pm »

+1 to the M1 Stallion.
+1 from me for the M1 Stallion as well. Though I'd have preferred to design it in 30 caliber size... oh well.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:01:00 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 06:21:18 pm »

+1 to the M1 Stallion.
+1 from me for the M1 Stallion as well. Though I'd have preferred to design it in 30 caliber size... oh well.
All for making it .30 NOW, but would want another vote

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 06:26:07 pm »

+1 to the M1 Stallion.
All for making it .30 NOW, but would want another vote
.30 caliber HMG is for babies :v .60 caliber for great glory so that we turn our would-be foes into tiny bits.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 06:28:21 pm »

Yeah, we'll save the .30 Cal for an MMG.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 06:50:22 pm »

.60 then. I just want the game to move on.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 07:04:45 pm »

.60 will destroy vehicles and inf, .30 would probs be better against inf. .60 is good for now,
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 07:05:43 pm »

It's just that .60 is horrible overkill for most of the things we'll be shooting at even when the thing in question is only being hit by only one of them. A machine gun is likely to tag the same target with more then one bullet so that's even more overkill...

Ah well, I guess when the enemy finally brings out armored vehicles or whatever we'll have something ready to shoot at them.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 07:10:43 pm »

Ideally we need both.

Revision phase pre-suggestion:

Select the few horsekillers that actually work and have any sort of accuracy. We chrome-line their barrels, match their best receivers to them, and fit them with a scope. We now call these very expedite guns the .60 anti-materiel rifle.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:09:17 pm by evilcherry »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 09:54:35 pm »

It looks like the votes are to build a machine gun. As the debate over caliber descends into fisticuffs in the alley outside the factory, it looks like the people in favor of .60 caliber are winning, so your engineers set to work on drawing a .60 caliber machinegun design.

M1 Stallion: This is a belt-fed machine gun using the enormous, thundering .60 caliber round, exactly twice the diameter of the .30 caliber or 7.62mm rounds. It is a lumbering dinosaur of a weapon, with a large box for the mechanism, and a 42 inch water-cooled barrel. The range and stopping power of the .60 caliber round is undiminished, but the gun only fires about 180 times a minute, relatively slow for a machine gun- because of its size, it might be better described as an autocannon. The gun hits in very tight groups for a machinegun, but it is very heavy and can only be pivoted slowly, meaning only very skilled and strong gunners can be accurate at long range. It must be moved by horse and mounted on a small wagon, and is crewed by a team of four or five men. It is both complex (expensive) and uses a lot of metal (moving it to Very Expensive), special M1 Stallion crews will need to operate it in the field.

Although you won't be able to deploy M1 Stallions with most crews, these are terrifying weapons that should command sections of the battlefield- if they can get there on time. You have gained the Belt-Fed MG technology [expensive] and the water-cooled barrel technology.

You have now entered the 1910 Revision phase.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1910 Revision Phase
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 09:56:42 pm »

For the revision phase I shall propose that we begin to improve our steam engine.

Improve the efficiency, and reliability of the steam engine's boilers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 135