Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135]

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97023 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production
« Reply #2010 on: September 12, 2015, 06:22:20 pm »

In all fairness I frequently read this thread during the production phase.

I do the same to the Arstotzka thread. It's interesting to see how different your thread is from ours now, and how similar the two were at the start.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 12, 2015, 06:29:08 pm »

Interesting. What differences have you noticed?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 12, 2015, 06:32:29 pm »

we're using the expense credit on the rock, right guys. the whole plan is that suddenly we have tons of these things to just murder the enemy.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 12, 2015, 07:28:30 pm »

Yep, that's the plan. We should have enough to destroy whatever abomination Arztoska is constructing and then some.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 12, 2015, 08:24:45 pm »

Mostly that you guys tend to argue a lot more than we do. We had an argument about the size of the bullet the MK-47A would fire that went on for a little bit, for example, but we usually have a few competing types of design that are completely different from each other. We eventually settle on one of those, but the one that gets picked doesn't usually change very much from the original proposal. Arstotzka tends to agree that they need, say, a plane very quickly, then you put up a bunch of different planes and argue about one or two of those. Not hard and fast rules, but the trend seems to be that way.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 12, 2015, 08:26:21 pm »

Mostly that you guys tend to argue a lot more than we do. We had an argument about the size of the bullet the MK-47A would fire that went on for a little bit, for example, but we usually have a few competing types of design that are completely different from each other. We eventually settle on one of those, but the one that gets picked doesn't usually change very much from the original proposal. Arstotzka tends to agree that they need, say, a plane very quickly, then you put up a bunch of different planes and argue about one or two of those. Not hard and fast rules, but the trend seems to be that way.
Its down to the player. Some of them are just Armsheads, and some of them like to lawyer everything to the tiniest bit.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2016 on: September 13, 2015, 03:33:57 am »

Its down to the player. Some of them are just Armsheads, and some of them like to lawyer everything to the tiniest bit.
I'm still annoyed that every proposal isin't down to details (as in, dimensions and stuff is proably unnecessary, but the shape, weight, type of explosive, handle, if it's fragmentation or HE, etc. on a grenade is proably important) which leads to said proposal suddenly having huge damn problem and possibly a critical existence failure.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135]