Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97659 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Design
« Reply #1830 on: September 01, 2015, 09:42:33 am »

I was thinking about it, Kashyyk, and it's nice, but I'd have to still go with the grenade launcher.  The shotgun is a good idea, but the ability to throw a grenade is about as much better as the ability to have a shotgun in terms of 'better than what we have' for city work, and although a shotgun would be very good in the jungle too, the grenade launcher would make for some nice ambushes.  It's also better in the mountains.

That said, what would be a good secondary weapon?  Improving that might be nice.  Maybe something like a Glock 40?  or a micro uzi?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 01, 2015, 10:10:24 am »

I reckon we could revise the sawn off.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 01, 2015, 10:29:27 am »

Ah yeah, you probably had this discussion already with your parachute rigs.

Hmm, how to improve on our shotgun whilst keeping it as a secondary...

Edit: What if we revised shotgun rounds for our five-shooter? It's 30 cal, so should be easily possible. Might be able to get some other silly rounds in there too (dragon breath anyone?)
I think a revolving shotgun could be a primary.
Unless we can actually design an M203 it would be hard to include some grenade capacity with another primary.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 01, 2015, 10:43:40 am »

Ah yeah, you probably had this discussion already with your parachute rigs.

Hmm, how to improve on our shotgun whilst keeping it as a secondary...

Edit: What if we revised shotgun rounds for our five-shooter? It's 30 cal, so should be easily possible. Might be able to get some other silly rounds in there too (dragon breath anyone?)
I think a revolving shotgun could be a primary.
Unless we can actually design an M203 it would be hard to include some grenade capacity with another primary.

We could design a rifle grenade. Just the simple kind that plugs the barrel, but it could have a built-in launching mechanism instead of a special round. I still think the SPAT is our best bet for the design phase though, we'll need all the self-propelled firepower we can get to flush the enemy out of the desert.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 01, 2015, 10:50:50 am »

Quote from: Vote list
Grenade Launcher
SPAT Mk 2 - Baffler, Playergamer
Radar
Pump Action Shotgun - Happerry
Infantry Armour
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 01, 2015, 10:52:15 am »

I agree with the SPAT being the better choice for the moment. I'm sad though. I still want decent infantry armour, but we keep having more important things to design.

Grenade Launcher
SPAT Mk 2 -  Baffler, playergamerm Kashyyk
Radar
Infantry Armour

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 01, 2015, 10:56:43 am »

Grenade Launcher
SPAT Mk 2 -  Baffler, playergamerm Kashyyk
Radar - Ghazkull
Infantry Armour

I still don't understand why we would need the Mk2 right now. Sure its nice and all but Arstotzkan tanks aren't our problem right now. Air and Infantry is however. Oh well i'll stop complaining.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 01, 2015, 10:59:33 am »

Radar isn't of much use as it could be, because our main air defence is AA guns, which can't redeploy quickly enough to counter their bombers. We need an advanced enough fighter first.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 01, 2015, 12:47:43 pm »

Radar isn't of much use as it could be, because our main air defence is AA guns, which can't redeploy quickly enough to counter their bombers. We need an advanced enough fighter first.
Rather because the bomber always get through. The best counter to an enemy bomber is another bomber which sadly we cannot build right now. So we have to resort to static anti-air.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 01, 2015, 01:15:06 pm »

Finally finished my radio show script, what do you think?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:00 pm »

After thinking for a bit, I'm now voting strongly against the SPAT II for the moment.

1. We are having enough guns. We just need the final mile, and perhaps a revise action can turn a FlaK into a PaK (and perhaps explicitly telling Tigers to tow them).

2. We are losing in the CQC department. They have a better SMG, they finally sorted out their pistol. Our camo is shit enough for snipers to spot. Our SMG did boss for a while but its all gone.

3. We have no way to win the air besides minimizing casualties.

To Conclude, a better SMG, an StG, camo, or some grenade launcher is what we need at the moment.

Strong vote for Infantry armor/camo until any compelling reason that the SPAT II is worth to risk for today.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 01, 2015, 01:30:27 pm »

Grenade Launcher
SPAT Mk 2 -  Baffler, playergamer
Radar - Ghazkull
Infantry Armour - evilcherry, Kashyyk

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 01, 2015, 01:58:27 pm »

-snip-

Alright you have a point about the SPAT, but I'm still not convinced that infantry armor is a good use of a design phase on its own. We could go with new uniforms (officers included!) that are better camouflaged and have an optional armor piece (the design as written is just the armor, right?) then go either PaK or StG in the revision phase. I'm leaning StG, it'll probably be more useful in clearing out the town and it'll help in the jungle/mountains too.

Turns out it was also camo.

Grenade Launcher - Devastator
SPAT Mk 2 - playergamer
Radar - Ghazkull
Infantry Armour - evilcherry, Kashyyk, Baffler
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:22:28 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 01, 2015, 02:02:56 pm »

Missed me.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 01, 2015, 02:34:34 pm »

There were a number of Infantry Armours suggested IIRC. I propose this one:

Tiger Infantry Armour
The base layer is essentially a set of military fatigues with a harness for affixing steel plates. These include a breastplate, backplate, pauldrons, rerebraces and tassets. A helmet with detachable faceplate is also included. All armour pieces come inside a fabric sleeve for ease of attaching. This fabric and the fatigues are in a "tiger stripe" style camo pattern, a more superior design than our previous camo. Naturally, this comes in various colour sets. The armour plates are all individually attachable, allowing a soldier to tailor the amount of armour they wear to their need. In an effort to reduce weight and increase effectiveness, the armour makes great use of sloping. The head and torso pieces are expected to resist rifle fire, the rest smg fire.

PPE: What do you mean Devastator?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 135