Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97637 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Design
« Reply #1740 on: August 29, 2015, 04:09:01 am »

I was just thinking of radar. And as our revision we can fit turbochargers and fuel injectors (I believe we stole both) to our yellowjacket. One of the main struggles it is having is a lack of power compared to their bomber and their new fighter.

Edit: on the other hand actual armor is something I've wanted for a while now...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:16:10 am by Kashyyk »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 29, 2015, 09:14:15 am »

Actually, no, as GM buys into "the bomber always get through" doctrine.

"Moskurgan Tiger" Infantry Battle Armor

We have been studying the how Moskurgan Tigers, and their lesser brethren Moskurgan Cats hunt. Most importantly, Hunters reported that unless they actually move, its practically impossible to spot one in the Jungles or the Deserts. Clearly they have employed visual methods to fool any unsuspecting prey. Some Tigers also put twigs and leaves atop their back, so its even harder to spot in the Jungle. Also, study reveal that their skin is pretty thick for an animal of its size.

Given that we are the sons and daughters of the Tiger, we should emulate their ways. We should now all wear appropriate clothing for the biome, so our soldiers cannot be seen before unleashing our wrath. We should also learn to put extra objects atop us and on our back for Camouflage. In addition, it should be a kind of thick skin like ballistic steel and ceramic plates. But if soldiers complain (or they wanted to be lighter) they can remove the extra protection.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 29, 2015, 09:19:47 am »

I'd prefer ceramics for armour, as it had no obvious resource requirement and it will get us closer to getting composite armour for our vehicles. This'll also fix our blasted camo

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 29, 2015, 09:38:58 am »

It's not bomber always gets throughh doctrine, the service ceiling of the bomber is much higher then the ceiling of our Yellowjacket. Hopefully, turbochargers could fix that and we'll win the air.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 29, 2015, 09:42:46 am »

That being said, personal armour at this stage is HIGHLY impractical, since we actually need to move around a lot. And ghillie suits aren't too practical for warm-weather applications.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 29, 2015, 09:53:17 am »

Good turn.  In respect for some much improved results, I'll be much quieter this turn.

I think a single-shot breech-loading grenade launcher like a M-79 would be better than plain grenades.  It's a very simple mechanical design, and the round, although finicky, is likely to be not terribly more complicated than good flak rounds.  It might also get us handheld grenades along with the launcher grenades, and the range on these grenades is pretty good, making it more useful in the mountains, as it's undeniably man-portable.  The rev could then be to fix camo.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 29, 2015, 10:01:47 am »

Hmm... Why not an armoured car with the AA gun, used as an anti-infantry/light vehicle cannon? That way we could develop the cannon separately whilst also replacing something that needs to be replaced.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 29, 2015, 10:03:10 am »

Taricus makes a good point, especially as our current flak guns can be towed by tigers anyway.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 29, 2015, 10:33:42 am »

We could use the kind of vehicle the Germans used in early WW2, with the 88 on the back of an armored truck to resist small arms fire, and move the gun close to the front to be used against the AA and tanks.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: August 29, 2015, 10:42:52 am »

That sounds like something we could do as a revision action. I approve.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 29, 2015, 12:32:41 pm »

Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

Someone mentioned a boat for our design, and I'm honestly liking the idea. How about we shift the paradigm a little bit? Ideally this will be disrupting their shipping enough to cost them resources, and provide some extra fire support for our ground forces.

Husayn Class Assault Craft

A lightly armored naval craft utilizing a pair of steam-powered cruising turbines, named for the famous armored car commander of the early war. It is equipped with a pair of 5-inch guns, one near the bow and one near the stern for naval engagements and shore fire support, and a Stallion on a raised stand to offer some protection from aircraft. The 5-inch guns are coordinated at long range using a targeting calculator, and include brushed electric motors to assist in aiming.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: August 29, 2015, 12:38:21 pm »

I'd like it if we could have some transport capabilities with that. Being able to drop vehicles and fully equipped infantry behind enemy lines would be very useful.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 29, 2015, 12:49:58 pm »

If we want to go for navy I prefer nimble wooden boats to save damned ore and oil and get something usable in jungles... But I think it is too late for navy.

My offer for this turn.

Widowmaker
6-barrel electric powered rotating 2/3 inch calibre autocannon created for devastating firepower and relatively low weight. Comes with light universal wheeled carriage that can be towed by other vehicles for strategical mobility or use own light engine for tactical mobility.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 29, 2015, 01:45:43 pm »

Really the battle armor is there for the writing. I'm happy if no one jumps onto my back.

It's not bomber always gets throughh doctrine, the service ceiling of the bomber is much higher then the ceiling of our Yellowjacket. Hopefully, turbochargers could fix that and we'll win the air.

Not really. For a few years, only Arstotzka have a proper bomber. While we got the yellowjacket GM still insists that they are dropping more bombs on us than our Model 2.
((To me, we should be ruling the skies for a few years, with our Model 3 used as impromptu attack aircraft (the Stallion seems to be our M1919/M60 Browning). Arstotzkan bombers will still go through the gaps to drop ordance. But GM deffo don't think like this.))

So we can never properly win the air unless we have bombers, but bombers are hell expensive.

Hmm... Why not an armoured car with the AA gun, used as an anti-infantry/light vehicle cannon? That way we could develop the cannon separately whilst also replacing something that needs to be replaced.
Could be a very good idea as an IFV. Functionally its identical to the Russian BMP.

We could use the kind of vehicle the Germans used in early WW2, with the 88 on the back of an armored truck to resist small arms fire, and move the gun close to the front to be used against the AA and tanks.
I thought our 3.6in is already towable, but hell we even have more guns than trucks available.

Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

Someone mentioned a boat for our design, and I'm honestly liking the idea. How about we shift the paradigm a little bit? Ideally this will be disrupting their shipping enough to cost them resources, and provide some extra fire support for our ground forces.

Husayn Class Assault Craft

A lightly armored naval craft utilizing a pair of steam-powered cruising turbines, named for the famous armored car commander of the early war. It is equipped with a pair of 5-inch guns, one near the bow and one near the stern for naval engagements and shore fire support, and a Stallion on a raised stand to offer some protection from aircraft. The 5-inch guns are coordinated at long range using a targeting calculator, and include brushed electric motors to assist in aiming.

Too little too late and probably national effort.

If we want to go for navy I prefer nimble wooden boats to save damned ore and oil and get something usable in jungles... But I think it is too late for navy.

My offer for this turn.

Widowmaker
6-barrel electric powered rotating 2/3 inch calibre autocannon created for devastating firepower and relatively low weight. Comes with light universal wheeled carriage that can be towed by other vehicles for strategical mobility or use own light engine for tactical mobility.
3-in gatling doesn't sound light at all. Its the caliber of a light tank gun!

If GM rectified his mistake (our 3.6in should outrange and outdamage every gun on ground) we can just make the Jagdbreaker.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 29, 2015, 01:48:07 pm »

I think he means 2/3, not 2 or 3 inches.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 135