Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97594 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1932 Revision
« Reply #1725 on: August 28, 2015, 11:09:15 am »

I believe a few people has an ego of me or nothing, and a more proportional system can only help defeating them

You can name me, evilcherry.  As is I have one vote, and have pushed one design I liked through, the B2 destroyer.  Every other thing I have supported has been shot down vhemently, with the exception of the cheap SMG bandwagon.

-edit- (unnecessary)

I'm not even giving names and you simply jumped into a bit of a bait location that is never reserved for you. How can we even debate?

Also I have to say, I've been dozing for my afternoon work. So count me as drunk if you saw my arguments being too absurd.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 28, 2015, 11:41:34 am »

NO to the Arstotzkan Moskurg treaty except for the Decodation of Radio thing.

Might want to repeat that in the OOC thread, but what's your reasoning?

My Reasoning is that we are losing this war at the moment and that we need every advantage we can get while we need to take every advantage from them we can with this treaty.
Now i know we have neither nukes nor chemical or bio weapons but signing a treaty that prevents us from using them gains us nothing and might potentially hinder us at a later point, thus we should not sign these clauses.

Plus should we go down we might as well go out with a boom.
 And salt the earth of Moskurg with nukes and chem weapons.

Quote from: Vote List
Fix Camo - evilcherry, Kashyyk, Ghazkull
Fix Hippo - evilcherry
Improvised PDW - evilcherry, Baffler
Cheapen Tank - Devastator, Kashyyk
Add Turbocharger to YellowJacket - UR, Baffler
Cheapen/Improve Radio - Taricus, Kashyyk, Iituem, Baffler
Cheapen Scopes - Taricus

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 28, 2015, 12:12:42 pm »

I'll vote for cheapening the tank. We aren't fighting in cities anymore meaning they will be more effective and also they will help us in the jungle.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 28, 2015, 04:01:23 pm »

Seems votes are for improving the radio.

Model 3 Radio: The vacuum tubes in the model 3 radio are now cheap enough to produce that, if you wanted, most soldiers could be equipped with one. It still takes up two mens' primary weapon slots, so more likely most squads will have one radio operator. Tiger's Whispers can be produced for a similar price, but are not as quick to use. You could also equip most of your tanks and planes with radios.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1932 Production
« Reply #1729 on: August 28, 2015, 04:07:18 pm »

A squad radio operator is probably fine, but those things should be inside every vehicle they'll fit into. I'm guessing that'll require revisions, at least. And does this mean that all of our T2 Breakers are equipped with their radios now?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 28, 2015, 04:20:17 pm »

HA! Hooray for being prepared. At least one good thing came out of poor wording.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 28, 2015, 04:40:08 pm »

A squad radio operator is probably fine, but those things should be inside every vehicle they'll fit into. I'm guessing that'll require revisions, at least. And does this mean that all of our T2 Breakers are equipped with their radios now?
Should do, the T2's were designed to have them.  I think we should be able to get radios in pretty much all of our vehicles as a single revision I think, especially if we shrink them further.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 28, 2015, 07:14:17 pm »

I assume that any vehicle with enough space to shunt a Model 3 in will do it automatically, but I daresay a future revision could add slots to those which don't.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 28, 2015, 07:41:42 pm »

Well, looks like we designed a pretty good tank in hindsight with the breaker.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 28, 2015, 07:57:02 pm »

Well, looks like we designed a pretty good tank in hindsight with the breaker.

Yeah it's an excellent tank. It was already better than their T-25, and now that they're radio coordinated they'll be even better. Combined with the Bumblebee I really feel good about this turn. We'll stop the Arsetotzkan pigs dead in their tracks.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 28, 2015, 07:59:28 pm »

The Bumble Bee will rain hell on their tanks.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1933 Design
« Reply #1736 on: August 28, 2015, 11:33:21 pm »

Anybody else thinking we could add Incinerators onto Breakers in certain units? The flamethrower tank actually had a pretty good track record during WW2, since it was amazing at clearing out entrenched infantry, and it had a great morale effect.

Basically, suggestion for a revision if we dont have any great ideas.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 29, 2015, 12:09:00 am »

My design phase suggestion is this, body armour.

This should stop grenades from bothering us and if designed correctly, it should also stop shotgun pellets, pistol rounds, smgs and mortars. Also comes with a gas mask, you never know.

Ideally I also want it to also stop rifle bullets as well but I don't want it to become too heavy.

To clarify, this is more like a modern suit of platemail with a glass visor to prevent visibility problems, rather than a simple armoured vest.

If you want armour thickness specifications, Torso is the thickest, helmet is slightly thinner, arms are the thinnest. Hands are just simple gloves, legs are slightly less thick than the helmet but thicker than the arms.

I'll call it, The Turtle.

There will also be a heavy variant that stops rifle rounds meant for MG crews

Ps, I might settle for also leaving the back unarmoured if the weight is too heavy.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:10:40 am by heydude6 »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 29, 2015, 01:47:10 am »

My personal suggestion is a Pump Action Shotgun, which should give us back our advantage in close range. Either that or grenades of our own.

Edit - Or maybe a light patrol boat with a bumblebee and a bombardment gun to surprise them at sea and see if we can hose down their supply lines a bit. Any ability to sea-deploy commandoes is an additional bonus.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 29, 2015, 03:41:17 am »

i think we need to deal with those paratroopers. If we can remove them our troops will have it far easier.

How did people traditionally dea- RADAR. WE NEED A BLOODY RADAR. Make the entire Arstotzkan Air Advantage Moot by building a radar and shooting them out of the skies.

Think of it. Even if they create their own, what is their gain? It has a purely defensive use. They won't get any great advantages from it until we encircle their cities.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 135