Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159275 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Production
« Reply #1245 on: August 03, 2015, 04:06:21 am »

by the way, I think our dive bomber could be useful in mountains . when we got the triplanes, I think it was said that their autocannons weren't as a game changer as a successful bombin run would be.
wouldn't our manouvreable dive bomber be able to make successful bombing runs? it surely has got the accuracy.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 03, 2015, 04:10:47 am »

Taking out their train wouldn't have been a gamechanger regardless. It would've made their Brumby and their radio more expensive. Expensive Brumbies are fine and their radios are shit already so having less of them wouldn't affect them much. Everything else they've built is 3 Ore ore less meaning they wouldn't become more expensive by taking out their Mountain Ore.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 03, 2015, 04:11:29 am »

Also, you forgot to add colours for desert environments unless we didn't roll high enough for that.
I wrote green an olive as separate colors, which was a mistake entirely. Replaced green with beige.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 03, 2015, 04:13:09 am »

It would have made their radio Very expensive. And since their radio is included in their plane, it would have made that very expensive as well.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 03, 2015, 04:15:54 am »

It would have made their radio Very expensive. And since their radio is included in their plane, it would have made that very expensive as well.
I thought of that and determined it didn't matter. They could just stop including the radios in their planes. If they couldn't, that would mean the Model 1 Biplane would become Very Expensive. The biggest threat to our own fighter plane was not their biplane. The biggest threat was their bomber which doesn't include the radio.

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: Their biplane was only meant to be a scout plane, after all.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:17:26 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 03, 2015, 04:18:17 am »

Stopping including radios is a revision or at least should be.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 03, 2015, 04:19:35 am »

Andres, I don't mean bombing their supply trains.
Here is a quote from 1920 battle report, in which we started deploying a lot of planes.

"Arstotzka generally has air superiority, but their autocannons are relatively ineffective against infantry (who can spread out and take cover) and emplacements- certainly not the game changer that a successful bombing run can be."

this implies that being able to bomb their emplacements would give an advantage in the fighting itself.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 03, 2015, 04:21:57 am »

Oh wow. I just discovered a Good Thing.

-Model 2 Hornet: A wide, heavy, wood-framed biplane. To serve its purpose of carrying bombs, it is heavy and sturdy (as much as a wooden plane can be) with bomb racks beneath the wings. It is powered by a big ten-cylinder motor (your biggest yet) and weighs a ton on its own, and carries half a ton of bombs. The bombs are simply artillery shells with fins attached, and are available in every variety. The gunner's seat has an M1 Stallion which can rotate in a full circle and carries seven yards of ammo. Costs 3 oil.
Compare that to:
AS-DB-HF-23: An airplane built entirely from aluminium. This lighter, sturdier frame allows the plane be reasonably fast with a 9-cylinder radial engine and make aggressive dives and recoveries for bombing, with half a ton of bombs. The radial engine is designed entirely around an AS-AC18 which fires through the prop shaft, necessitating a relatively heavy and thick prop shaft. It has decent maneuverability, with its metal design allowing for strong forces on the wings and tail, and large control surfaces, but it is best at dogfighting while not carrying a bomb load. Costs 4 ore, 3 oil.
Not only do we carry an equal amount of bombs, but we have actual bombs! We've designed a superior bomber! Unfortunately, it costs 4 more Ore than theirs does. "Superior" in this case is subjective.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Andres, I don't mean bombing their supply trains.
Here is a quote from 1920 battle report, in which we started deploying a lot of planes.

"Arstotzka generally has air superiority, but their autocannons are relatively ineffective against infantry (who can spread out and take cover) and emplacements- certainly not the game changer that a successful bombing run can be."

this implies that being able to bomb their emplacements would give an advantage in the fighting itself.
Fair enough. Hopefully it's enough to stop their advance in the Mountains.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:06 am »

Anyway, I think we should start repressing their bomber force. Bomb and strafe the airfields, blackout camps at night and install dedicated AAA positions, that kind of thing.

Also, take out their trains.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:37:55 am by 10ebbor10 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:06 am »

Anyway, I think we should start repressing their bomber force. Bomb and strafe the airfields, blackout camps at night and install dedicated AAA positions, that kind of thing.
The blackouts and the AA positions are good ideas. Their airfields are in the Moskurg capital, though, and none of our planes have the range to get there from the Plains. We'll need to capture the Desert first.

Glory to Arstotzka.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 03, 2015, 04:47:35 am »

Their planes don't seem longer ranged than ours, so I'm pretty sure they're operating closer. Especially when doing nightbombing.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 03, 2015, 04:51:16 am »

Their planes don't seem longer ranged than ours, so I'm pretty sure they're operating closer. Especially when doing nightbombing.
*calculates in head*
Their nightbombing shouldn't be an issue. They're flying from their capital to the Desert and back.
Their being able to hit us in the Jungle and the Mountains, on the other hand, shouldn't be possible unless our planes could hit their capital from the Plains. The enemy'd have to fly past the Western/Central Deserts to get to the Jungle and Mountains.

Get some of our bombers to fly to filthy Moskurg and bomb them to shit.

Glory to Arstotzka!

EDIT: nvm. They could have airfields in the Western/Central Deserts.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:54:50 am by Andres »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 03, 2015, 04:54:31 am »

I think that all the home regions ( west-east-central desert+capital) count as a single region for the purpose of range, they are just split up for game balance reasons.

speaking about that, it is interesting that we are still advancing steadily in the desert if nothing changes to upset the balance there, in a couple of turns we will be at their doors.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Design
« Reply #1258 on: August 03, 2015, 05:29:57 am »

machinegun, any 7.62 or 10 to 12.5m machinegun gets my vote

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Design
« Reply #1259 on: August 03, 2015, 05:40:20 am »

well, look at that. Camouflage was really good, and our dive bomber outclasses their planes. when their expense credit ends, we should have air superiority again.

machinegun seems sensible right now. there is no other pressing concern at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 217