Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159253 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Revision
« Reply #1230 on: August 03, 2015, 02:37:39 am »

revision proposal and vote

Improve roads leading from taiga to maintains, plains to mountains, desert to mountains. Minimum goal is to improve logistics and bring some vehicles\80 mm artillery to our mines, maximum goal is to start a flanking attack from different directions. If it can me combined with roads - build more airfields around mountains

vote and vote fast before uniform is declared a winner.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:39:21 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 03, 2015, 02:40:34 am »

revision proposal

Improve roads leading from taiga to maintains, plains to mountains, desert to mountains. Minimum goal is to improve logistics and bring some vehicles\80 mm artillery to our mines, maximum goal is to start a flanking attack from different directions. If it can me combined with roads - build more airfields around mountains

vote and vote fast before uniform is declared a winner.
Just outside the Mountains is the Taiga. We don't have any issue bringing any of our vehicles to the Mountains and even if we did, we could just send them by train. Also, revising for logistics is absolutely worthless in this game because there are absolutely no game mechanics dedicated to it. Literally the first year we managed to sabotage their trains and they didn't suffer at all from it, save losing the extra Ore from the Mountains.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 03, 2015, 03:01:16 am »

The enemy got machine gun carts by production phase action

Good, we can do that as well. Put autocannons on everything.

Badda bing! Trains have a couple cars with autocannons on top now. Besides that you pretty much have had weapons wherever you had logistics access already.

revision proposal and vote

You basically have all this, to the extent that you CAN have it. You have armor/artillery access to your mines (Mountains 1/4) and no logistics bottleneck in the south part of Forenia.

Revise our uniform to the AS-GAU23 standard.
Spoiler: AS-GAU23 (click to show/hide)
((Hopefully this'll be enough that High Command won't put more flags on our soldiers' heads.))

Glory to Arstotzka.
Body armor effective against direct hits from small arms isn't going to happen during a revision action. You can fix the camouflage and maybe make it lighter though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 03, 2015, 03:13:29 am »

Body armor effective against direct hits from small arms isn't going to happen during a revision action. You can fix the camouflage and maybe make it lighter though.
Would the aluminium make it tougher? I'm guessing because we can add aluminium to our planes we can add aluminium to our armour but I'm not sure. If so, how much Ore's worth of aluminium can we add in Revision?

EDIT: I also mentioned that it could deflect those rounds at an angle, rather than directly. Or does that still count as directly? If so, then what does indirect mean?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:21:53 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 03, 2015, 03:25:35 am »

Indirect would be ricochet/fragments, which is what your current flak armor (which you were able to make on a revision) protects from. Even with the benefit of Aluminium, metal armor that stops bullets is too heavy for infantry, generally. I'm not going to stop you from developing your alternate history iron man suit or modern re-imagining of the Conquistador's breastplate (the dice might) but it's going to have to happen in the design phase.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 03, 2015, 03:28:31 am »

Revise lighter, more expensive if needed,  version of 20mm automatic cannon
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 03, 2015, 03:28:46 am »

Our armor actually comes from a design action. Moskurg revised theirs.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 03, 2015, 03:33:42 am »

That's true. We used our Revision phase to fix our artillery. Now even Moskurg's body armour is seeming to be OP.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 03, 2015, 03:38:28 am »

AS-U23

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 03, 2015, 03:39:47 am »

That's true. We used our Revision phase to fix our artillery. Now even Moskurg's body armour is seeming to be OP.

Their armor is heavy and provides no camouflage, the flags just countered the camo effect on ours.

Glory to Arstotzka

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 03, 2015, 03:41:38 am »

OK, revise uniforms, I want an update

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 03, 2015, 03:41:58 am »

Hey, if we revis, we can at least shoot patterned camouflage. You revision is just "remove the little flags, and swap the steel helmet for aluminium to satisfy my aluminium boner." Also had some basic survival kit to every soldiers.

Since their soldiers fight with a flowing silvery cape, we should be able to make many ambushes.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 03, 2015, 03:48:59 am »

AS-GU23: The new 1923 Arstotzkan uniforms come in patterned camouflage colors, grey/white, beige and olive. In order to completely placate High Command's thirst for glory and keep the dice in the dice bag, the inside of the uniform is sewn red and gold with Arstotzkan flags. A soldier can simply fold their uniform inside-out and convert it from battle camouflage to parade regalia (you advise soldiers NOT to do this on the battlefield). The armor plates and helmet are made from Glorious Aluminium, which reduces their weight. Includes all the pockets and bandoliers a soldier could ask for, and one right on the elbow that nobody asked for. Costs 2 ore.

Just so we're clear, the elbow pocket is not a substantial flaw. The reduced weight probably won't make a big difference unless you later add something that makes uniforms heavier, but your soldiers appreciate it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:10:31 am by Sensei »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Production
« Reply #1243 on: August 03, 2015, 03:53:19 am »

Since it's made from aluminium, wouldn't it provide better protection than the previous version? The second-best metal we have besides it is mild steel and that adds a malus on our tanks. If the old infantry armour metal is just as protective as aluminium, but heavier, then why aren't we armouring our vehicles in it?

Also, you forgot to add colours for desert environments unless we didn't roll high enough for that.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Production
« Reply #1244 on: August 03, 2015, 03:55:22 am »

Since it's made from aluminium, wouldn't it provide better protection than the previous version? The second-best metal we have besides it is mild steel and that adds a malus on our tanks. If the old infantry armour metal is just as protective as aluminium, but heavier, then why aren't we armouring our vehicles in it?

Also, you forgot to add colours for desert environments unless we didn't roll high enough for that.

The existing armor protects primarily from shrapnel, I doubt a small change will alter that, but at least we might have more defense against it.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 217