Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159295 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Design
« Reply #1215 on: August 03, 2015, 12:49:44 am »

Unfortunately the dive bomber had 6 votes, the assault rifle 3.

AS-DB-HF-23
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 03, 2015, 12:50:27 am »

The above design should use 4 Ore and 2 Oil max. The 2 Oil max is more important.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 03, 2015, 12:51:03 am »

To be clear I was just reposting the Dive Bomber that was voted on.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 03, 2015, 01:14:36 am »

I know.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 03, 2015, 01:56:25 am »

Monoplane built from aluminium with addition of advanced aluminium alloys. Uses new, fuel-injected radial engine, and mounting an AC18 in the centerline firing through the prop-shaft. Capable to carry bombs or rockets on its wings and under fuselage. Build for speed and high payload. Designed for precise dive bombing of enemy fortified positions in mountains, armoured vehicles, trains. While it is designed for ground support, it should be fast enough to boom and zoom more maneuvrable but slower opponents or simply run away from them.
Aimed cost is either 5 ore, 2 oil  or 4 ore, 3 oil)

Alright, looks like it's time for a plane that's lighter and stronger due to being constructed with three hyphens a body made entirely of aluminium!

AS-DB-HF-23: An airplane built entirely from aluminium. This lighter, sturdier frame allows the plane be reasonably fast with a 9-cylinder radial engine and make aggressive dives and recoveries for bombing, with half a ton of bombs. The radial engine is designed entirely around an AS-AC18 which fires through the prop shaft, necessitating a relatively heavy and thick prop shaft. It has decent maneuverability, with its metal design allowing for strong forces on the wings and tail, and large control surfaces, but it is best at dogfighting while not carrying a bomb load. Costs 4 ore, 3 oil.

Your engineers did not succeed in implementing fuel injection.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Revision
« Reply #1220 on: August 03, 2015, 02:13:50 am »

Revision proposal 1:

Uniform Upgrade

Actual camouflage, due to the placement of the Arztotskan flag on the inside of the suit. New gear includes binoculars, flares, navigational gear, and local gear where needed. (Such as mountain gliding equipment).

Revision proposal 2:

Mobile artillery

Simple design of a carriage that allows our cannons and autocannons to be mounted on trucks, trains and boats. The enemy got machine gun carts without needing to design them, we should be able to do this. Especially since every single one of those systems was designed to mount weaponry in the first place.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 03, 2015, 02:15:34 am »

Ok, due to it costing more Oil than we have the new plane be Expensive. This means we'll have to continue producing the A19C as our main aircraft due to its cheapness. If we lose the Mountains, the DB-HF will become Very Expensive and it effectiveness will decrease dramatically.

If we revise the SMG, there's a chance we could get something like an assault rifle but I'd say it's unlikely. Neither artillery nor vehicles matter in the Mountains. We need something effective at medium to long range, something that can match or negate their Brumby. Revising our F14A won't help us.

After reading up on what we have, I can see we have two options. The first is if we actually revise the Nosin Magant. It's currently designed for long-range but inaccurate barrages. Getting it up to scratch would make it a proper sharpshooter's rifle and we might even get an Ace.

The alternative is to revise our uniform. Aside from getting better camouflage, we have 2-3 Ore we can reliably work with to make a pretty awesome set of armour. If it can stop or resist .30 cal bullets at medium range we'll be golden.

What do you guys think?

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:18:59 am by Andres »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 03, 2015, 02:18:44 am »

Neither artillery nor vehicles matter in the Mountains.

They are assaulting the mines now, however, which do have rails, which might be usefull.

On the other hand, the enemy already has the improbably good recoilless rifle, so the train's armor won't stop them.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 03, 2015, 02:20:28 am »

Neither artillery nor vehicles matter in the Mountains.

They are assaulting the mines now, however, which do have rails, which might be usefull.
We have autocannons, mortars, field artillery, landmines, and now proper bombs. We're not exactly lacking in the explosives department.

Glory to Arstotzka.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:51 am »

Ok, due to it costing more Oil than we have the new plane be Expensive. This means we'll have to continue producing the A19C as our main aircraft due to its cheapness. If we lose the Mountains, the DB-HF will become Very Expensive and it effectiveness will decrease dramatically.

If we revise the SMG, there's a chance we could get something like an assault rifle but I'd say it's unlikely. Neither artillery nor vehicles matter in the Mountains. We need something effective at medium to long range, something that can match or negate their Brumby. Revising our F14A won't help us.

After reading up on what we have, I can see we have two options. The first is if we actually revise the Nosin Magant. It's currently designed for long-range but inaccurate barrages. Getting it up to scratch would make it a proper sharpshooter's rifle and we might even get an Ace.

The alternative is to revise our uniform. Aside from getting better camouflage, we have 2-3 Ore we can reliably work with to make a pretty awesome set of armour. If it can stop or resist .30 cal bullets at medium range we'll be golden.

What do you guys think?

Glory to Arstotzka.

Revise the Mosin into a DMR(designated Marksman's Rifle). It should have the barrel and action reworked with the focus on accuracy, and add a simple 4x scope.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 03, 2015, 02:23:23 am »

Revise the Mosin into a DMR(designated Marksman's Rifle). It should have the barrel and action reworked with the focus on accuracy, and add a simple 4x scope.
There's a reason I suggested we design the sniper in the Design phase. The GM said that we can't develop scope technology in the Revision phase. This applies to binoculars and trench periscopes as well.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 03, 2015, 02:24:39 am »

As for what cartrdige I planned on using, 7.62mm for both the LMG and the assault rifle.
Good like with mosin calibre assault rifle

The enemy got machine gun carts without needing to design them, we should be able to do this.
The enemy got machine gun carts by production phase action.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 03, 2015, 02:25:56 am »

The enemy got machine gun carts by production phase action

Good, we can do that as well. Put autocannons on everything.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 03, 2015, 02:27:48 am »

As for what cartrdige I planned on using, 7.62mm for both the LMG and the assault rifle.
Good like with mosin calibre assault rifle
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here or not but assuming you are, the AK47 uses 7.76mm and the StG-44 (the first assault rifle) used 7.92mm. Besides, we could design a custom round for it if we wanted. As for the LMG, 7.62mm is what some of the more powerful ones use.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:36:29 am by Andres »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 03, 2015, 02:35:10 am »

Revise our uniform to the AS-GAU23 standard.
Spoiler: AS-GAU23 (click to show/hide)
((Hopefully this'll be enough that High Command won't put more flags on our soldiers' heads.))

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:30:25 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 217