Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 159215 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1924 Design
« Reply #1260 on: August 03, 2015, 05:45:19 am »

Design the AS-1924.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glory to Arstotzka.

well, look at that. Camouflage was really good, and our dive bomber outclasses their planes. when their expense credit ends, we should have air superiority again.
I was really surprised by our plane's performance. It seems I was really quite wrong.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:20:56 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 03, 2015, 05:57:59 am »

If not mountain crisis I'd love to go for a proper tank... Armored car can become obsolete with one action of theirs.

Is it a good idea to revise a scaled down version of 80mm?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 03, 2015, 06:07:49 am »

If not mountain crisis I'd love to go for a proper tank... Armored car can become obsolete with one action of theirs.

Maybe. If we make a lightweight pack gun version of our 80mm, that might really help in the mountains. As for our design, I'm with Andre on an LMG, with the slight revision that we should specify long stroke gas piston operation.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 03, 2015, 06:09:46 am »

You and me both. My design would even have an AA capable autocannon on the top.

We already have autocannons and mortars. Aside from that, we don't really need a smaller artillery piece. We've conquered artillery. I say we revise our Nosin to be a marskman rifle. If we manage to keep that 4 Ore, our planes will remain Expensive rather than going to Very Expensive due to the Oil shortage.

Maybe. If we make a lightweight pack gun version of our 80mm, that might really help in the mountains. As for our design, I'm with Andre on an LMG, with the slight revision that we should specify long stroke gas piston operation.
Our autocannon is too heavy to be used in the Mountains. No way is anything bigger than that going to be used there. Also:
Mechs would be a difficult research path, but very worthwhile if you can get them to stop tripping over themselves. Probably easier to gain control of the mountains with superior infantry and then build a highway though.
Infantry is the way to capture the Mountains, meaning we need better small arms. I agree with your long stroke gas piston operation modification. I'll edit my design.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 03, 2015, 06:33:41 am »

We need small artillery piece for AT roles and for a future tank gun. AT-gun needs to be large enough to penetrate armor but not larger.

I see little usefulnes in a scoped mosin, because it is a deadend techwise, it is one-front weapon and I am pretty sure that we can't design optipcs with a revision.

This machinegun looks too light to benefit future aircrafts and vehicles. At least write that it should have firerate\range\accuraccy that are no lower than AS-10

I have several revision ideas for our dive bomber to get both experience and better aircraft.

Finally I dislike throwing alluminum just everywhere to exploit the fact that there are no difference between 0 ore, 1 ore, 2 ore for game mechanics.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 03, 2015, 07:15:29 am »

We need small artillery piece for AT roles and for a future tank gun. AT-gun needs to be large enough to penetrate armor but not larger.
Considering our experience with artillery, we could design the tank gun in the same turn we design the tank. We have enough stepping stones. We don't need another.

I see little usefulnes in a scoped mosin, because it is a deadend techwise, it is one-front weapon and I am pretty sure that we can't design optipcs with a revision.
It's not true that it's a one-front weapon. Medium range combat has been recorded in the Jungle and an upgraded Nosin would help there. It'll also let them take down Brumbies outside of their effective ranges. In the Desert, it'll let our men kill their RRs before they get into effective range (100 metres). An accurate rifle would negate their wunderwaffe. Also, we're not giving the Nosin a scope. We're just making it accurate.
"designed for long-range but inaccurate barrages"
Let's make it designed for long-range, accurate marksmanship. Combined with the LMG, we get everything we want in the Mountains and some more in the other fronts too.

This machinegun looks too light to benefit future aircrafts and vehicles. At least write that it should have firerate\range\accuraccy that are no lower than AS-10
It'll have all that by default. Besides, its primary purpose is to serve in the Jungle and Mountains and pave the way for proper assault rifles.

I have several revision ideas for our dive bomber to get both experience and better aircraft.
Our DB is pretty much perfect in every way except cost.

Finally I dislike throwing alluminum just everywhere to exploit the fact that there are no difference between 0 ore, 1 ore, 2 ore for game mechanics.
How come?

Glory to Arstotzka.

EDIT: This is so the GM knows what I want in case you guys do everything while I'm asleep. Design a new LMG (design described above). Revise the Nosin to be (more) accurate at long range, including 1 Ore of aluminium for lower weight/better performance. Rename the result the AS-MR24.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:10:35 am by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1923 Design
« Reply #1266 on: August 03, 2015, 01:15:17 pm »

As for what cartridge I planned on using, 7.62mm for both the LMG and the assault rifle.
Full size rifle cartridges in an AR? Thats going to be a M14, with all its issues that had.

And now, my suggestion!
Spoiler: AS-AMP24 (click to show/hide)
Yep, this is an AT gun. Its also a sniper far superior to 12.7mm, and with it using the same rounds as the autocannon, supply logistics headaches are reduced.

When we do design our AR (mostly when we really need one, so after we get snipers and radios) I suggest we dont package it in normal 7.62x54mmR, for a bunch of reasons. One is that to do so makes it an M14, which although it was more powerful it was less controllable and had less ammo, and the second is that rimmed cartridges dont work that well in automatics excepting machineguns.
 Hows 7.5x25mm sound to you guys?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 03, 2015, 02:22:59 pm »

Looks like we've got some interest in anti-tank cannons and rifles. I'd like to see more votes before declaring one picked though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 03, 2015, 02:24:18 pm »

I'll vote for whatever 10ebbor10 is voting for until I catch up with the thread.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 03, 2015, 02:26:44 pm »

I vote for a giant robot in my image.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 03, 2015, 02:40:26 pm »

I am busy with propaganda.
also, no idea of what to design.

sniper something

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 03, 2015, 02:51:08 pm »

Its two votes for sniper\AT rifle and 3 for machinegun

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 03, 2015, 02:51:49 pm »

I vote for a giant robot in my image.
Giant robot? +1 to giant robot!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 03, 2015, 02:52:38 pm »

oh and 3 for a giant robot :D

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 03, 2015, 02:56:01 pm »

+1 to the robot. INSANE IDEA POWERS, GO!!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 217