Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Racial Politics IC  (Read 4474 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics IC
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2015, 04:39:23 am »

"Our archer and his two cougars will be happy to join the hunt, Ulamo. After answering the question of centaur Ninthalor ordered his druid to talk with local plantlife to find the best spot for settlement. Elves are ready to live among the trees, but first they need a permission of the forest.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2015, 05:50:13 am »

The Viceroy nodded to the centaur. "My people will begin building a settlement...your people must be aching to run once more. May I suggest scouting the nearby area?"

Upon hearing that the elves would join the centaur, the Viceroy suspended his order. "Would you elves have a problem if we were to coinhabit with you?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 08:16:58 am »

Ulamo saw that the bug-chief is confused.

"This is not really a problem. Our current plan, actually, is to head hunting excursions into the forest, using the settlement as a base."

He then turned to the elf.

"I have no understanding of your talking trees mumbo jumbo. But seeing that all elves are going to behave like this, I order the excursion be delayed until the elves have decided on where hunting is allowed or not."

-Archers HOLD until elves have done their druidy things
Workers help the Viceroy

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 10:20:37 am »

(Alright, I guess I'll have the things done in character. I was originally thinking this was going to be mostly strategy with not much role-playing, but I can do this too.) After ordering the units Durin yells out Dwarves and gnomes listen to me! Our two workers will be digging out some basic shelter in the nearby hills for the immediate future. There won't be much space, but it'll be better than nothing until we find a more permanent location. I've assigned a warrior to guard everybody, including non-dwarves or gnomes, from any wild animals or unruly citizens. You may begin opening any personal belongings, but keep in mind we won't be here permanently. I suppose if anybody who isn't a dwarf or gnome wants to live underground for some reason, then they may notify me. That is all!" Durin then walks over to Viceroy Kistos and the other (do we have a title?)s, and says, mainly to Kistos "I think we'd be willing to be in a combined settlement, though most of us will probably be living nearby underground, rather than in the settlement with the rest of you. However having a town near our home will definitely be appreciated as it's quite difficult to get a good farm underground, or to convince dwarves and gnomes to farm above ground. Others will also be welcome underground, though I doubt many will want to."
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 10:48:01 am »

(Next action phase I'm going to put all the actions together into one post at the end, unless there is one like this that needs to be addressed during the action phase.)

"Our archer and his two cougars will be happy to join the hunt, Ulamo. After answering the question of centaur Ninthalor ordered his druid to talk with local plantlife to find the best spot for settlement. Elves are ready to live among the trees, but first they need a permission of the forest.

The druid eyes the woods wearily. The woods are wilder than any he had seen be.fore. When viewed for one moment they seemed like the rain forests to the south of his homeland. But when viewed a moment later they seemed as if they were akin to the giant redwood forests of the north. The druid was not ready to address the majesty of these ancient trees. He spoke to beach grass, but the beach grass ignored him. He talked to a flower, but it also ignored him. He spoke to a shrub, and the shrub actually hissed at him! He had never met such rude plants before. He spotted a strange looking plant and asked it its name. To his surprise, the plant turned to him and attempted to bite him before skittering away into the tall grass.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These plants were not only wild, but more alive than anything he had ever dreamed of! The magics of this land much be filled with a great power and ferocity that was lacking in his homeland to allow such a thing. Up the beach he spotted a lone tree that was squat and struggling far away from the coast line. He knew he must ask a tree for advise, but he had only grown more cautious of those dark canopies in this short time. This was not the world he expected. He approached the tree and asked it its name. For a long moment he felt the tree looking at him and then it said. "You come from sea like coconut. I ask you, how many coconut trees call this beech their home? The druid looked around. Not a single coconut or coconut tree could be seen anywhere upon the beach in either direction. None. Whispered the druid. "The coconut's roots are week and they are unable to take root here. We shall see the strength of your roots before we speak again. With that the tree fell silent and the druid bowed, thankful of the warning. He then returned to report to Ninthalor.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2015, 11:26:08 am »

"Oi ya gits its time to get to work these woods they may be strange but they aint nothing our axes can't fell. We're da works and were the best."
With that Throg led the Orks towards the hill visible outside of the clearing and begins to have all of the orks begin cutting a path through the woods towards the hill. As the other Orks work on clearing the path Throg patrols up and down there ranks with is two wargs dealing with any threats as they come.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 12:30:33 pm »

"Those green skinned barbaric idiots will bring wraith of the woods on all of us" Ninthalor did nothing to stop orcish actions, instead he came back to leaders of Ulamo and Viceroy

Viceroy, while we, elves, would prefer to live among the trees, our druid says that we are not welcome there. I offer our races to work together and setup a joint temporary camp right here, near the ships.

Ulamo, I strongly suggest to limit scouting and hunting to beaches
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2015, 12:41:14 pm »

"In the interest of this settlement I don't see the point of chopping down the trees here. We will have a look around the beach and the hillside. Horde, move out."

-Archers Scout around, avoiding the jungle
Workers help with building of the camp

This month's food should be forage and foliage like every equine should.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 12:55:43 pm »

(Since everyone seems to be living in one camp.)
The humans will all help build the camp, relying on the food they brought with them to sustain themselves.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 01:07:59 pm »

(Not me, you guys can go do that but I'm staying independent. That being said, has my action being taken into account or does it need to be reposted or something?)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2015, 01:11:34 pm »

(Not me, you guys can go do that but I'm staying independent. That being said, has my action being taken into account or does it need to be reposted or something?)

(Your action is fine. I'm doing a big post at the end of the phase about what happened during it. Actions only get a post during the phase if they have questions or need to be addressed. Ask trees where to build needs to be addressed before the end. Build in best spot does not need to be addressed until the end. Working on big post now, expect it soon.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 02:38:58 pm »

Updated Map:

You survey the area for a nice spot, but they all seem as sandy and as good as any. For now you set up only a little bit away from shore. Your four workers quickly build a rudimentary shelter, but it is only big enough to fit fifty of your people. Thankfully the skies are clear tonight, and you can always return to the ship for bunkage.(-1 wood)

(Alright, I guess I'll have the things done in character. I was originally thinking this was going to be mostly strategy with not much role-playing, but I can do this too.) After ordering the units Durin yells out Dwarves and gnomes listen to me! Our two workers will be digging out some basic shelter in the nearby hills for the immediate future. There won't be much space, but it'll be better than nothing until we find a more permanent location. I've assigned a warrior to guard everybody, including non-dwarves or gnomes, from any wild animals or unruly citizens. You may begin opening any personal belongings, but keep in mind we won't be here permanently. I suppose if anybody who isn't a dwarf or gnome wants to live underground for some reason, then they may notify me. That is all!" Durin then walks over to Viceroy Kistos and the other (do we have a title?)s, and says, mainly to Kistos "I think we'd be willing to be in a combined settlement, though most of us will probably be living nearby underground, rather than in the settlement with the rest of you. However having a town near our home will definitely be appreciated as it's quite difficult to get a good farm underground, or to convince dwarves and gnomes to farm above ground. Others will also be welcome underground, though I doubt many will want to."

To the north, the beach gives way to a large outcrouping of hill and rock. Your dwarves begin mining the area, and as you are still a fair distance from the trees, they are not bothered. There is not but a small overhang by the time night falls and you must stop and return to the beach. Good thing too, in the night these appear on the rock out-cropping.
(+1 stone)

"Oi ya gits its time to get to work these woods they may be strange but they aint nothing our axes can't fell. We're da works and were the best."
With that Throg led the Orks towards the hill visible outside of the clearing and begins to have all of the orks begin cutting a path through the woods towards the hill. As the other Orks work on clearing the path Throg patrols up and down there ranks with is two wargs dealing with any threats as they come.

You are immediately assaulted by
They are about six inches tall and there is about a thousand of them staring out from the brush and the branches above. More than two dozen have already began rushing your men from the brush and dive bombing them from above. They are not actually deadly, but their tiny spears are quite painful and as their numbers grow, they quickly overwhelm your two workers and prevent you from chopping down more than a few trees. The worgs aren't able to bite the creatures for their mouths would be full of splinters.
(+1 wood)

"In the interest of this settlement I don't see the point of chopping down the trees here. We will have a look around the beach and the hillside. Horde, move out."

-Archers Scout around, avoiding the jungle
Workers help with building of the camp

This month's food should be forage and foliage like every equine should.

Your archers are completely unbothered, but as you look into the woods you see this.
The woman is centaur in shape, but her body is not of a horse, but an antelope! Her legs, and the rest of her for that matter, were much longer and leaner than any centaur. In a moment, she was gone. She disappeared with a natural agility that was unheard of even among your people. You catch nothing. Your workers assist with the building of a group camp. (-1 wood, -1 stone)

(Since everyone seems to be living in one camp.)
The humans will all help build the camp, relying on the food they brought with them to sustain themselves.

The humans help build the group camp (-1 wood).

The wood elves have no workers, so they do nothing beyond the aforementioned druid actions.

The seconders worker helps build the joint camp using the resources of others (since they brought no building materials)

The lizard camp can now hold 50 people uncomfortably. The combo camp can hold about 200 people uncomfortably. All other citizens returned to the boats for the night, much to their dismay.

((Important note: Please update you resources list and post it in a spoiler so I can compile them. All requested animal prices are ok.)

Issues Phase has now begun

Nejuvious called everyone together for a meeting upon the beach the next morning.

I see there has been some contact with some of the natives. This is good, but sooner than I expected. As we are all separate camps, we do not necessarily need to all agree on issues, but perhaps we should all discuss our strategies together. What do we think of the locals, and what is our strategy for defense, if it comes to that? Also, the last of the sea rations are now gone, and we must begin to eat the food we brought. We must find food soon. As far as shelter goes, the ships will protect us from the land beasts at night, but the creatures of the sea are likely just as dangerous. Shelter should also be a priority.

Before we begin the work of the day, does anyone have issues that they feel should be addressed by the group? If not, we shall set to work.
(If no issues are to be brought up, then we shall skip to the action phase. Alternatively, you can RP your character to say that its time to work).

EDIT: The brown triangle is where the orcs were bothered by the wood creatures.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 02:54:53 pm »

The natives are clearly hostile, and if that druid is to be believed, want to test the strength of our roots or whatever. We've got one dwarf warrior, one wood elf archer, two wargs, a centaur archer, two tamed cougars, and a druid who can't really do anything so probably won't be able to fight. Anyway, this should be enough to drive off any simple assault. We should get a few people on watch overnight ready to wake up our fighters if necessary. In an emergency, the orc woodcutters and dwarf or gnome miners could probably fight as well. For now we should just defend, but I think if we're going to be going anywhere past this camp we'll need to start attacking.

EDIT:I guess ill list my resources as well.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 03:08:16 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 03:03:36 pm »

"First off, I would like to suggest we start looking for a suitable place to construct a dock. That way we can moor our ships safely without having to worry about them being sunk. Of course, if necessary, we can beach a few and use them as materials for any settlement.

Now, onto the issue of natives. If they stay away from us, we leave them alone for the time being. If they interfere with our efforts though, we should make every effort to ensure they are not a problem by any means necessary. If that means setting fire to the jungle, then we do so. Besides, that'd give us a fair bit of farmland."

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »

Things are getting Grim. A hostile forest. Bovitaurs. Burning Caribous.

But then we must not be afraid. We come with great respect of these lands, but they will also make a worthy opponent if we have to.

"We are out of everything. Elves, sorry, with due respect, but we might have to defeat the jungle to not starve survive. We can live on poverty grass, yet not everyone can."

Archers will scout and hunt on the plains in the east. Peasants continue with the camp - help hauling if needed. Eat grass.

Spoiler: Centaurs (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6