Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Racial Politics IC  (Read 4470 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Racial Politics IC
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 08:08:48 pm »

It appears as if the systems that received the most votes are the camp system and the regional system. In addition the time frames don't really match up. So in the interest of making this game not an immediate shit show of fairness we shall try each system starting with the camp system for two months. Then we shall review the issue.

Now for the final issue at hand. It is mid afternoon. Do we make landfall tonight or wait till dawn?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 08:12:42 pm »

"Tonight, we have plenty of time."
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 08:26:01 pm »

"We should make land fall tonight i trust the beasts of the sea much less then I trust the beasts of the land. The Orks shall make landfall tonight"

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 08:32:49 pm »

"This place is too small for centaurs. Look at our blisters!"

Ulamo opts for landfall now.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 08:37:42 pm »

"And we'll opt to take landfall tonight as well."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 08:40:00 pm »

"We'll make landfall tonight as well."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 08:41:17 pm »

"Looks like we have consensus here. To the Shores!"

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 09:09:57 pm »

((One of the people with the blue/navy text should pick a different color or toss a glow on there because I was just really confused about why the humans opted for landfall twice.))

The all-ashore call is made and the multitude of races make a break for land. The beasts of the sea swarm beneath the multitude of long boats and you feel as if you have made the right decision. There are many many types in sizes from tiny to frighteningly large.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now you and your supplies have landed upon the shore. It is mid afternoon and night holds unknown dangers. The votes have been tallied and its every race for itself unless otherwise agreed.

Action phase may now begin.

EDIT: Remember you PM me any secret actions. No meta-gaming will be allowed here. Also PM me if there is any secret meetings/agreements and the like.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:13:04 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 09:44:42 pm »

Alright, so if I understand correctly, I'll have my two workers start mining/building some basic shelter on any hill-like area near the shore, and have my melee unit guard the settlers. As well as ask if anyone would like to begin a deal of regular trading of stone, metal, gems, jewelry, or tools for food. However I have a feeling I don't understand how this is supposed to work at all.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 09:56:42 pm »

Alright, so if I understand correctly, I'll have my two workers start mining/building some basic shelter on any hill-like area near the shore, and have my melee unit guard the settlers. As well as ask if anyone would like to begin a deal of regular trading of stone, metal, gems, jewelry, or tools for food. However I have a feeling I don't understand how this is supposed to work at all.

You'd normally do it IC, but thats fine too.

You set your dorfs to work mining into the nearest hill. It is slow and loud work. Your warrior dwarves keep a fearful eye on the dense jungle/forest not more that 200 yards away. You call out to the other races, but they have yet to land. (You have to do that one IC)

((IMPORTANT NOTE:
Any type of unit can do any action, warriors could do magicy or sneaky or worky things, they just might suck at it. But if it comes down to fighting off natives or messing with the other races, any of the nonworkers can really do any job, its mostly a question of how they do it.

For example, say you want to assassinate your rival. Thats fine. If you want to beat them to a pulp, send a warrior. You want them to ingest poison, send an assasin type. You want them to turn to stone, send a wizard. You want them to drown in paperwork, send a beurocrat. The options in the action phase are only restricted by uour resources, creativity, and some very loose rules of what I think is OP))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 10:12:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 10:58:54 pm »

"Ah, finally there is natural ground to stand on. Our horde will call here our new home!"

Ulamo looked at the place. Aside of a clear area by our landing, and the sight of a hill beside it, most of it is covered by thick forests. This is not ideal terrain for Centaurs, but its miles better than on the boat.

It must be said centaurs aren't really meant for voyages: They have to bend their upper back in awkward angles in order to fit into places, and a lot of them complained of aching hooves due to prolonged stress on the hard ship deck. In fact, its so bad that many of them aren't caring about that anymore, and any relief is good relief.

As the centaurs are alighting from the boats - many of them hauling supplies, Ulamo thought of the next plan of action. They need food, shelter, and defenses. The other two aren't the forte of Centaurs. The first thing is.

Anyone want to join the centaurs on our great hunt?" Ulamo addressed the crowd.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 12:01:05 am »

Posting To Keep Track Of.

PTKTO? Nah, that will never catch on.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2015, 12:07:58 am »

Being alone in this new land was against the very ideals of the Republic.

"This land is new and untamed; to be isolated from one another is foolishness. Is anyone willing to create a combined settlement?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2015, 02:41:37 am »

Ulamo nods at the bug.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6