Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 49640 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (12/15) Day 2 begins with blood - No replacements right now...
« Reply #315 on: September 01, 2015, 06:56:25 pm »

Moonlit are you defending Dampe because he is your werewolf scum partner?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (12/15) Day 2 begins with blood - No replacements right now...
« Reply #316 on: September 01, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »

@Mod- We really need a vote count and an accurate deadline timer. It's been days.
Mere ho- ...oh, I see. Time flies when you're playing on LAN, eh? :P

Day ends in 3 hours, votecount in a minute
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (15/15) Night 1 is a dark night indeed - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #317 on: September 01, 2015, 08:08:54 pm »

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
FallacyofUrist
Teneb
Comrade Shamrock - The Moonlit Shadow
Varee
Arcvasti - Teneb
Dampe
Notquitethere
The Moonlit Shadow -  Comrade Shamrock, Fillipk, Notquitethere,  Arcvasti
Fillipk
Tea

Not Voting:
TheDarkStar, FallacyofUrist, Varee, Dampe, Tea

Day ends in 3 hours, Tuesday 10:00 PM Mountain Time.
1/2 extensions used, 1/3 votes to extend
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 01, 2015, 08:10:27 pm »

@fillipk
  • The combination of post #66, in which you say you could be faking how new you are to the game, and post #164, in which you say you're acting like stereotypical town in your first game here, is a little odd. If you've read games on this forum like you said in post #63, why do you think you're emulating stereotypical newbie town play? Are you trolling us?
  • Of the people who are talking currently, you seem to find Moonlit and possibly Arcv/Fallacy most suspicious, but you've also expressed that scum are hiding among the less active players. Do you have any gut feeling as to which of them might be scum, and do you plan to pressure them or ask specific questions?
  • Earlier today, you've mentioned an Moonlit/Arcv pairing as a possibility, and tried to set up a reaction test for Moon because of it. What makes you think that they could be a team?

I see fillip as kind of erratic and I had trouble understanding his phrasing a lot of the time on Day 1 (his first post is a good example.) In line with my first question, it's a little hard to tell if he's screwing with us by faking how new he is?

I'm not really sure if he's capable of/interested in bussing well, but out of the group of people pushing roo for not saying "I am town because XYZ" he gave the best reasoning, imo (quote below.) Given that there may be as few as one remaining mafia I'd say he's a less likely candidate for it.
Quote from: fillip (from my notes so I don't feel like looking up the page lol)
I remember Fallacy or kulaks saying claiming town doesn't work and shows that you are scum since that's what they do. Also the fact that you aren't using lots of words says you don't want to give stuff away which is also suspicious. So come up with an actual defense please.

I have a gut feeling he's town, though. inb4 FoU shows up to say gut has no place in mafia! But that's where I'm at for now.

Moonlit, I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm good with an extension as I'm still trying to catch up.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 01, 2015, 08:24:12 pm »

I'm okay with an extension, I'm sorry on the first day I was working under some false impressions, this is my first bay12 mafia game but I've gone and read through a couple, and looking at the more experienced players in this game has helped a lot too. 

I thought Arcv was a pairing cause of a gut feeling based on their posts but now I'm leaning towards a Moon Dampe pairing seeing how Moon is defending a lurker, not ignoring it and trying to find a more scummy target.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 01, 2015, 08:25:28 pm »

Extend

Fwiw, I would prob have voted Moon rn if they claimed a different role than in the post above due to them not getting the two scumteams thing.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 01, 2015, 08:35:49 pm »

With five players not voting, you can be sure that scum are hiding among the lurkers, waiting for an easy mislynch. Or at least, in an ordinary game it'd look like that. With two scum teams, scum-allowed mislynches can still hit the opposing team.

Not in this case though. The only person who's not on Moonlit and is voting at the end of today, is indeed Moonlit. If they're scum, where's their buddy in all this? On a reread, they're coming across more flailing new-player than someone who's actively being coached.

There's being busy, and then there's actively willing mislynches:

Unless I state otherwise, just add my vote to whoever has the most votes to be lynched in a day.

I'd be happier hitting Dampe today.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 01, 2015, 09:17:11 pm »

fillipk:

I thought Arcv was a pairing cause of a gut feeling based on their posts but now I'm leaning towards a Moon Dampe pairing seeing how Moon is defending a lurker, not ignoring it and trying to find a more scummy target.

Explain this a bit more. While I do see that Moonlit is being very defensive, I don't see him specifically defending Dampe very much.

NQT:

With five players not voting, you can be sure that scum are hiding among the lurkers, waiting for an easy mislynch. Or at least, in an ordinary game it'd look like that. With two scum teams, scum-allowed mislynches can still hit the opposing team.

Not in this case though. The only person who's not on Moonlit and is voting at the end of today, is indeed Moonlit. If they're scum, where's their buddy in all this? On a reread, they're coming across more flailing new-player than someone who's actively being coached.

There's being busy, and then there's actively willing mislynches:

Unless I state otherwise, just add my vote to whoever has the most votes to be lynched in a day.

I'd be happier hitting Dampe today.

Given that Dampe has barely interacted with anyone, what do you think we'll get out of a Dampe lynch?

TMS:

My gut used to say that you're flailing town, but now it points to flailing scum. For example, this post:
Everyone
I like how Comrade Shamrock points out that he could plausibly be scum. Also, notice how he has no defense that he isn't scum.
is odd because you're assuming that Comrade is scum because he hasn't proven that he's not. Why? Because this can essentially be applied to everyone unless they are dead. Additionally, you aren't doing much scumhunting at all, even though you're voting.

Tea:

@DarkStar - Thoughts on players besides Moonlit and fillip?

Preliminary reads (based on looking over the last few pages and gut feeling):

Tea - Scumhunts and asks questions. Also, a replacement. Town read for now.
Arcvasti - Has very well-reasoned posts. Strong town read.
Comrade Shamrock - Scumhunting Moonlit. Slight town read for now.
NQT: Votes a lurker in the post before mine. Asks questions but doesn't scumhunt as much. Null read for now.

All other players are less active and so I haven't seen them as much.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 01, 2015, 09:21:31 pm »

EBWOP: I meant to vote for The Moonlit Shadow instead of Tea.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 01, 2015, 09:38:07 pm »

fillipk:

Explain this a bit more. While I do see that Moonlit is being very defensive, I don't see him specifically defending Dampe very much.

~snip~
[quote author TMS]I defend Dampe because I don't think he's worth it right now. Maybe later.. Actually... This would be a good time to get him, as I don't really think we have any other suspects... Besides me.[/quote]  They admitted to it and only realized that they were the other main suspect halfway through the post got me thinking they are on the same team but its speculation.

Unvote to be honest I would also rather get dampe for
I'm pretty overloaded with schoolwork, but I'm still in on this.
this so Dampe

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 01, 2015, 10:11:30 pm »

to be honest I would also rather get dampe for
this so Dampe

Just going to point out Dampe is also new to Mafia as a game and hasn't had as much experience with it. I don't find that nearly as damning as The Moonlit Shadow's earlier ham-handed attempt at shifting suspicion to their persecutor.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 01, 2015, 10:27:30 pm »

Tbh I have laughed so hard I almost cried at both of Dampe's posts, just because I've been spending hours trying to make sense of the thread over the past couple of days. And then once a game Day, there he is, unapologetically making no fucking sense.

@DarkStar- Even though you didn't ask me, regarding Moonlit and Dampe:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got the impression that Moonlit found Comrade's sheeping of fillip's case to be the scummiest thing happening in the thread rn, which makes sense to me, though I didn't see a response to his rebuttal of that (prob since Moon lost the post?)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 01, 2015, 10:31:48 pm »

to be honest I would also rather get dampe for
this so Dampe

Just going to point out Dampe is also new to Mafia as a game and hasn't had as much experience with it. I don't find that nearly as damning as The Moonlit Shadow's earlier ham-handed attempt at shifting suspicion to their persecutor.
I didn't know they were new and they probably thought the same thing as me since they did virtually the same thing.  So again unvote Moonlit Shadow

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 01, 2015, 10:40:04 pm »

I didn't know they were new and they probably thought the same thing as me since they did virtually the same thing.  So again unvote Moonlit Shadow
PSA: One method of unvoting is saying unvote in red, followed by the name of the person you are unvoting. So if I was removing my flabort vote, I could go unvote flabort instead of just unvote. I'm saying this because while the forum code and context suggests you are unvoting Dampe and voting Moonlit Shadow, your post looks like you are unvoting Moonlit Shadow.

I'll go back to being dead now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 01, 2015, 10:43:19 pm »

Since we're apparently not extending, I'd rather lynch Dampe. In my only other game on here, a big deal was made out of informational lynches which I didn't really get and got some flak for. Given that scumteams have a kill each to cut down on the people that actually are trying, I feel like it's even less necessary this game. Granted if we had more than an hour, Dampe isn't my lurker of choice but it's a bit of a crapshoot anyway?

I think Moonlit is at 4 and Dampe is at 3.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35