Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Two Fold C9++: (3/15) Town Victory: Mutual KO - no replacement after all  (Read 49578 times)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Two Fold C9++: (10/15) Day 3 reveals one less victim than expected.
« Reply #345 on: September 04, 2015, 05:09:42 am »

Well, I've been buggered.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 04, 2015, 03:33:24 pm »

Unvote

Tea - No one has pressured you and no one but me pressured mask and he conveniently dropped out when I pressured him, so Tea where do you rank everyone on the suspicion scale?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 04, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »

If Arcvasti is truly a full Cop (regardless of whether Town Cop or "Town" Defector Cop), there are definitely 2 more mafia left, since that'd be TTTTCCI at least, which is Power Tier 2, which is 3 maf. So let's not get complacent.

Is it bad that I kinda think Dampe is town because I feel like the mod would be less likely to fuck up the names if Dampe was a different alignment from Moonlit??
You forget there is a doctor based on what Arcvasti said
Teneb

I disliked Teneb's first post. I feel like the explanation of OMGUS when no one asked for one is more there to look like he's being helpful than anything. He's not using it to ask a more than surface level question or to present any of his own thoughts. I also dislike his question toward FallacyofUrist, though I am having trouble articulating why - the tone of it strikes me as "discrediting" rather than "curious," is the best way that I can. He later asks Moonlit what Moonlit's going to do about their trouble finding people suspicious, and then spends a couple of posts insulting roo. That's the sum of his D1 efforts.

His D2 post in which he asks Arcv and FoU a question each and generally posts that he's concerned about losing two townies per night is okay. The vote on Arcv for the in-depth nightkill spec rather than actually looking @ people's behavior is sort of boring, but I'd guess he finds Arcv scummy regardless of his own alignment. He does seem pretty happy to skate though the game and leave it up to everyone else to put actual opinions out there, in general.

For the record, I Investigated Teneb overnight following a similar chain of logic and they're Not Mafia. Doesn't rule out them being a Werewolf, but that's something, at least.

Flabort, was Comrade Shamrock killed by Werewolves or Mafia? Its not quite clear from the flavour text. If they were killed by Werewolves, thank you whoever the Docter was. I totally thought I was dead last night.

I need to sleep now, but I'll have more contributions later.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 04, 2015, 04:28:38 pm »

Where I rank everyone, feel free to ask for more details

Most Scummy
Roo- Dead confirmed scum
Dampe- A new person and he was voted by Persus13 and the persus dies, I think he's a werewolf, maybe with Tea since 4maskwolf was less active during the second night
Teneb- like tea said his first day 2 post makes him seem like a werewolf, or werewolf supporter here and his second post attacks Arcvasti for speculation
Varee- Never did his analysis like he promised, I'm thinking mafia, not much else.
Neutral Line FoU- Claims start of day 2, suspects lurkers, might be scum might not
Tea- has been scum hunting and explaining why he votes, never been pressured though, Asked me who I thought was mafia, maybe to get a read on what the town thinks
NQT- Didn't post much but also kept up the push on moonlit because of classic scum tells, not much read
TheDarkstar- Defended Roo but then investigated  by Arcvasti and confirmed not mafia, probably not a werewolf
Arcvasti- Claims cop and I believe it, has been scum hunting and post analyzing like the best of us.
Moonlit Shadow- dead confirmed townie
Kilakan- Dead confirmed townie
Persus13- Dead confirmed townie
Comrade Shamrock- Dead confirmed townie
Most Townie

Doctor Mctaalik- lurking and unresponsive, no read but I'm thinking town because the scum have been active.

So that's my reads, like I said you can ask me for more details.

If I had to name the scum teams

Mafia:
Roo
Varee
FoU/Tea

Werewolves:
Dampe
Teneb

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 04, 2015, 05:04:05 pm »

If Arcvasti is truly a full Cop (regardless of whether Town Cop or "Town" Defector Cop), there are definitely 2 more mafia left, since that'd be TTTTCCI at least, which is Power Tier 2, which is 3 maf. So let's not get complacent.
I too considered the possibility that a Doctor saved Arcvasti from the mafia kill, but we don't yet have mod confirmation about which faction killed Commodore, that's not the only possible explanation, speculation about extra letters doesn't actually affect my point that we probably have 2 more mafia, etc. I have a lot of setup notes that I keep to myself, basically.

4maskwolf was my IC in the only other game I've played on here - he's experienced enough that I can't imagine that he'd be afraid of a single pressure vote. If you look at his own pressure vote on DarkStar on Day 1 (that they're not a big deal and kind of a tool to get back into a game that you're feeling lazy about), that should be telling about his attitude about them.

You say that "I asked [you] who I thought was mafia, maybe to get a read on what the town thinks." It bothered me while I was trying to catch up and get a sense of the game yesterday that everybody seemed to really want to lynch people who seemed like they weren't likely to be scum with roo. In setups without multiple scumteams (which is every kind of mafia I have played before), interactions with dead scum are a great way to find scum. DarkStar and Fallacy seem the most questionable to me based on people who have actually posted enough on Day 1 that I can get any read on that whatsoever. 

I don't really have clear reads that I can list out. Most of the people left have made like five or less posts. It's hard to know how much stock to put into Arcv's innocent results given that Tier 1 and Tier 3 allows for the existence of investigation-immune mafia, and then there's also "self-tailors" (though this is relatively unlikely.) Once Fallacy shows up and elaborates on the circumstances surrounding his claim and answers my questions, I think I can get a solid read on him if he reappears. Of the experienced lurkers [DarkStar, notquitethere, Teneb], I still think Teneb is scummiest in spite of Arcv's result. I'm not townreading DarkStar for reasons I explained yesterday, and I think notquitethere's behavior is pretty null as well, so I wouldn't mind pressure there. I thought Arcvasti was town without even accounting for the claim and I don't see much reason to doubt it. Doctor apparently forgot he was in the game, so I'm hopeful that he'll come back and be the one newbie lurker that actually posts content. I have dumb speculations about whether he'd forget he was in the game if he had like a scumchat and nightkill to work out, and such. Varee is ever so slightly townier than Dampe based on Varee trying his weird reaction test and being unabashedly lazy (not that I wish he wasn't.)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 04, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »

Let's try that again.

I too considered the possibility that a Doctor saved Arcvasti from the mafia kill, but we don't yet have mod confirmation about which faction killed Commodore, that's not the only possible explanation, speculation about extra letters doesn't actually affect my point that we probably have 2 more mafia, etc. I have a lot of setup notes that I keep to myself, basically.

4maskwolf was my IC in the only other game I've played on here - he's experienced enough that I can't imagine that he'd be afraid of a single pressure vote. If you look at his own pressure vote on DarkStar on Day 1 (that they're not a big deal and kind of a tool to get back into a game that you're feeling lazy about), that should be telling about his attitude about them.

You say that "I asked [you] who I thought was mafia, maybe to get a read on what the town thinks." It bothered me while I was trying to catch up and get a sense of the game yesterday that everybody seemed to really want to lynch people who seemed like they weren't likely to be scum with roo. In setups without multiple scumteams (which is every kind of mafia I have played before), interactions with dead scum are a great way to find scum. DarkStar and Fallacy seem the most questionable to me based on people who have actually posted enough on Day 1 that I can get any read on that whatsoever. 

I don't really have clear reads that I can list out. Most of the people left have made like five or less posts. It's hard to know how much stock to put into Arcv's innocent results given that Tier 1 and Tier 3 allows for the existence of investigation-immune mafia, and then there's also "self-tailors" (though this is relatively unlikely.) Once Fallacy shows up and elaborates on the circumstances surrounding his claim and answers my questions, I think I can get a solid read on him if he reappears. Of the experienced lurkers [DarkStar, notquitethere, Teneb], I still think Teneb is scummiest in spite of Arcv's result. I'm not townreading DarkStar for reasons I explained yesterday, and I think notquitethere's behavior is pretty null as well, so I wouldn't mind pressure there. I thought Arcvasti was town without even accounting for the claim and I don't see much reason to doubt it. Doctor apparently forgot he was in the game, so I'm hopeful that he'll come back and be the one newbie lurker that actually posts content. I have dumb speculations about whether he'd forget he was in the game if he had like a scumchat and nightkill to work out, and such. Varee is ever so slightly townier than Dampe based on Varee trying his weird reaction test and being unabashedly lazy (not that I wish he wasn't.)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 04, 2015, 05:07:18 pm »

I lean town on you, which I already explained yday. Was using your list as a player list so forgot to mention.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 04, 2015, 05:14:17 pm »

Yeah I didn't think you would be afraid of 1 pressure vote, you seem mostly town but I really should be pressuring you more.  Mostly because we only have you scum hunting and post analyzing because you missed the RVS

Teawhat do you think of the scum teams I guessed in my post?  Any major objection, or someone you think would fit better

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 04, 2015, 05:27:45 pm »

Um, I think your reason for ruling out Doctor vs. Dampe/Varee is misguided because the wolves and (very probably) the mafia have 2 people each left, so as long as they have one active member it doesn't matter. He'd prob be a werewolf just because roo purposefully drew a lot of attention to him at the point when roo was actually participating early on?

Seems generally plausible. I agree that if FoU is scum I'd lean mafia on him, for the weird roo interactions. I think it's possible for there to be two experienced werewolves and two relatively inexperienced mafia.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 04, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »

Speaking of Doctors.

Thanks for probing me, Flabs. I need to spend some time catching up before I post any readings, though. Which might happen tonight, but I'm not making any guarantees.

I'm going to say based on the flavor that that was a werewolf kill; mafia don't usually don't chow down on peoples' faces. Then again, you would expect the no-kill to come from the team that was down one member, so maybe I'm wrong.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 04, 2015, 08:17:14 pm »

I don't think it was a no kill I think they were protected,

Wait your statement makes no sense, the mafia is down one member and had the no kill, just confused or scum?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 04, 2015, 08:22:41 pm »

Where I rank everyone, feel free to ask for more details

Most Scummy
Roo- Dead confirmed scum
Dampe- A new person and he was voted by Persus13 and the persus dies, I think he's a werewolf, maybe with Tea since 4maskwolf was less active during the second night
Teneb- like tea said his first day 2 post makes him seem like a werewolf, or werewolf supporter here and his second post attacks Arcvasti for speculation
Varee- Never did his analysis like he promised, I'm thinking mafia, not much else.
Neutral Line FoU- Claims start of day 2, suspects lurkers, might be scum might not
Tea- has been scum hunting and explaining why he votes, never been pressured though, Asked me who I thought was mafia, maybe to get a read on what the town thinks
NQT- Didn't post much but also kept up the push on moonlit because of classic scum tells, not much read
TheDarkstar- Defended Roo but then investigated  by Arcvasti and confirmed not mafia, probably not a werewolf
Arcvasti- Claims cop and I believe it, has been scum hunting and post analyzing like the best of us.
Moonlit Shadow- dead confirmed townie
Kilakan- Dead confirmed townie
Persus13- Dead confirmed townie
Comrade Shamrock- Dead confirmed townie
Most Townie

Doctor Mctaalik- lurking and unresponsive, no read but I'm thinking town because the scum have been active.

Where does Doctor Mctaalik rank? Why are you voting for Tea, who you think is more likely town than scum (according to your list) instead of the scummiest people in your list?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 04, 2015, 08:30:09 pm »

He's out of it, but I'm leaning town

Oh I'm still voting him, sorry unvote

Teneb. Why are you killing innocent townies.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 04, 2015, 10:04:28 pm »

Dampe:
Look, I'm not going to berate you for having real life conflicts. That's to be expected. However, I would like to point out that this-

Unless I state otherwise, just add my vote to whoever has the most votes to be lynched in a day.

-is the scummiest damn request imaginable. You're asking us to assume that, unless you specify otherwise, your default action on any given day would be to jump on the latest bandwagon. I don't see any reason why you would choose to do this, if you truly care about lynching actual scum.

When you have the chance, Dampe, could you please explain your reasoning here?

Tea:
Um, I think your reason for ruling out Doctor vs. Dampe/Varee is misguided because the wolves and (very probably) the mafia have 2 people each left, so as long as they have one active member it doesn't matter. He'd prob be a werewolf just because roo purposefully drew a lot of attention to him at the point when roo was actually participating early on?

Seems generally plausible. I agree that if FoU is scum I'd lean mafia on him, for the weird roo interactions. I think it's possible for there to be two experienced werewolves and two relatively inexperienced mafia.

I actually agree with you here; you guys shouldn't put me above suspicion. If you have any questions to ask me, fire away.

Fillipk:
I don't think it was a no kill I think they were protected,

Wait your statement makes no sense, the mafia is down one member and had the no kill, just confused or scum?

Yeah, I think I failed to logic in that last post. And maybe wrote the wrong words. It's been a long day.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 04, 2015, 10:17:22 pm »

Fillip: I guess I don't understand why you chose to pressure vote me when I was already one of the few people posting in depth thoughts on players. I'm surprised that you're more paranoid of me than NQT.

DarkStar, you should do something.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35