Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2561 2562 [2563] 2564 2565 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104369 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38430 on: December 06, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »

I distinctly remember 2000+ posts on this thread though. Does anybody else?
My memory doesn't go that far back. There are currently 38,497 posts on this thread over the course of 2500+ pages.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38431 on: December 06, 2014, 08:57:11 pm »

Just got a legendary bone carver! Now those dozens of shell will go to use. Shell leggings and gauntlets for the light troops, instead of leather. So the light soldier uniform will now consist of- one bronze mail shirt and helm, a bronze sword, axe, or spear, or a silver hammer, a wooden shield, a leather armour, hood, cloak, mittens, and (sadly) low boots, and then shell/bone leggings and gauntlets.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38432 on: December 06, 2014, 09:32:37 pm »

I saw a dorf deconstructing a floor tile while sitting on it.
So I backed-up the save and watched...he splattered on the hive area below.
Stupid stupid.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38433 on: December 06, 2014, 09:37:11 pm »

I distinctly remember 2000+ posts on this thread though. Does anybody else?
My memory doesn't go that far back. There are currently 38,497 posts on this thread over the course of 2500+ pages.
right now, I can only see 774 pages. Why is that?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38434 on: December 06, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »

On a related note: any new nice-looking Ascii Tilesets out for 1920x1080 or is it still all herbdogg/bisasam?

I always liked Guybrush's version of Herbdogg, but here are a few newer ones:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107924.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145362.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138697.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101657.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128933.0

I've been using Storybook Gothic when not playing with creature art, and Myne / MLC when playing with creature graphics.

For creature graphics, I either use CLA from the link above, or these awesome graphics from Beefmo / Thirin:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54399.msg5294706#msg5294706

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38435 on: December 06, 2014, 09:46:10 pm »

Did you accidentally change the number of posts per page?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38436 on: December 06, 2014, 09:53:29 pm »

Did you accidentally change the number of posts per page?
YES! THATS IT! (facepalm)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38437 on: December 07, 2014, 12:25:17 am »

Now just waiting for the human and dwarven caravans to arrive with their dozens of bins of leather. Got a legendary armoursmith trained, he's made the mail shirts and helmets for more than twice the dwarves in the fort, the legendary bone carver has made their greaves, leggings, and gauntlets, and now I just need a legendary leather worker for the rest of their uniforms, and the weaponsmith. Now working on the steel uniforms for the elite dwarf squad.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38438 on: December 07, 2014, 01:24:21 am »

Urist McRotten ran out to get some drink during a goblin siege and was killed by spike trap. Maybe I should put that barrel of wine in the coffin...
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38439 on: December 07, 2014, 03:04:55 am »

As per Mistlash policy, all pets that are not farm animals are pastured in the Happy Beastie Subterranean Kennels (aka, the paddock just outside of my cavern defenses) where they can play with all sorts of exotic new friends and hopefully invite them to become part of the fort (via the cage trap lines; the pastured animals flee cavern monsters, run over the cage traps, and the monster follows).

This system has worked very well, netting me breeding pairs of Cave crocs and giant bats (plus some plump helmet men I caught and released)

That is until Kib, someone's stupid dog decided to be brave.

After two years of running away as he was supposed to, Kib started his rampage by jumping a giant olm, ripping its lower body and tearing off a leg such that it bled to death in the cage after being trapped.

He then tore open the belly of a Reacher and sent it fleeing to the far side of the cavern.

Shortly thereafter, a few more happy plump helmet men showed up. Kib greeted them by beheading two of their woman, ripping open the arms of the third, tearing the upper body off one of the man and then charging and apparently headbutting one into the trap line, doing so much damage that he is still unconcious after two months.

When a pair of Blind Cave ogres appeared, I was sure Kib would finally be put out of my misery. Annoyingly, Kib's many, MANY fights seems to have made him a legendary dodger, while he couldn't hurt the ogres, he dodged them long enough, falling back each time for thm to blunder into the trap lines.

As I write this, more plump helmet men have arrived and Kib--alerted by some sort of telepathic murder sense--is making a beeline for them, ignoring his pasture in favor of pure bloodlust.

I can't wait for the next Cave croc to come and mess him up.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38440 on: December 07, 2014, 03:15:24 am »

My chief medical dwarf gave birth to her 15th child.
Now she's carrying two babies at the same time. :o

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38441 on: December 07, 2014, 09:28:45 am »

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

What? That's the third attack this year!

Anyway, apparently my civ declared war on the goblins right after I embarked.

But oh my god...
(I have 2 screens, the left part is the DF window and the right part is soundsense)

The list actually grew to 104 goblins, I didn't screenshot that.

I was in the middle of constructing a major defensive engineering project when the goblins came. Luckily all the dwarves went in right on time and the plan was to station all soldiers inside so that the traps would do the work, but one of the soldiers wandered outside to grab some food. That guy was obviously going to die. -.-

But then

Upon seeing the army of goblins and trolls, he charged right to them, killing 9 goblins and 5 trolls before finally dying. Upon seeing how he massacred I immediately ordered the rest of my entire army to aid him and they all killed the goblins in a gruesome and horrific way, leaving 2 trolls and a goblin to escape which they later killed with ease.

AFTERMATH:
(Again two screens, the right part has nothing interesting)

7 soldiers died in the fight that were not shown on the list due to the sheer amount of dead trolls and goblins.

I know I'm going to give the hero a tomb that Armok wishes he could get. And it's time to pick up that goblinite.

But, seriously...

A company of 37 dwarves managing to slay 80 goblins and 24 trolls with only 7 casualities?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:32:40 am by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38442 on: December 07, 2014, 10:17:00 am »

On a related note: any new nice-looking Ascii Tilesets out for 1920x1080 or is it still all herbdogg/bisasam?

I always liked Guybrush's version of Herbdogg, but here are a few newer ones:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107924.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145362.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138697.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101657.0

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128933.0

I've been using Storybook Gothic when not playing with creature art, and Myne / MLC when playing with creature graphics.

For creature graphics, I either use CLA from the link above, or these awesome graphics from Beefmo / Thirin:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54399.msg5294706#msg5294706

I tweaked in some parts of the Phstthpok 24x24 set along with a couple of other tiles from other sets because I was wanting something a little different from the normal bisasam but not totally different because I still love it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks great with the spacefox set I think.

Also, 774 pages?

*looks*

That is odd.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38443 on: December 07, 2014, 11:13:41 am »

Also, 774 pages?

*looks*

That is odd.

Are you set to display more posts per page?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38444 on: December 07, 2014, 12:26:44 pm »

Finally, a siege! Forty goblins and twelve trolls. Ten fully steel armed, danger roomed dwarves could handle this. But instead, I'll let the thirty untrained, bronze, bone, and leather armed militia handle it. They're all just engravers anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 2561 2562 [2563] 2564 2565 ... 3842