Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2559 2560 [2561] 2562 2563 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6103907 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38400 on: December 06, 2014, 03:34:36 am »

Yakety saxing is a fun word. On spacebattles once there was a discussion involving the Shrike, which can move faster than light and swims through time effortlessly, vs a Xeelee Nightfighter, which can hyperdrive across the universe and has a gravity wave weapon that can collapse the core of a star.

The discussion was summed up as "yakety sax, with the occasional supernova", first thing that popped into my head after reading the post with the badger boars.

My fort doesn't exist yet, trying to get the dfhack for 40.19 up and going so I can get some stonesense shots of one of my favorite forts finally.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38401 on: December 06, 2014, 04:53:24 am »

My baroness successfully avoided the elven diplomat for so long that the human caravan had arrived before she spoke with him. (You stick it to those tree-hugging hippies, gel! Show them what you're made of, with your imperious refusal to countenance them!) But now the loons want me not to cut down more than a hundred trees. The map's so bare, I doubt there are a hundred trees to cut down in total.

What happens if I... I mean, she tells the green-clad lank where to stick it?
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38402 on: December 06, 2014, 04:57:19 am »

Depends on whether you use bronze armour, mate. Plus, if you're at war with them, don't expect a caravan full of tame grizzly bears, wombats and other exotic animals for you to train for the military, or butcher for dinner. But basically, if there aren't even that many trees, just say "yes" and don't cut that many this year.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38403 on: December 06, 2014, 05:31:05 am »

Okay, so it would mean war. I think I'm fine on the military squads side: four steel-clad Hammerlords wielding silver hammers (plus a Professional Hammerdwarf) is, I believe, a fairly effective fighting force. And I've not yet had a siege, so I'm somewhat spoiling for a fight. However, I haven't yet put up all the necessary drawbridges etc. I'll wait till next year.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38404 on: December 06, 2014, 05:35:14 am »

So long as your armour is of quality, you'll be fine. You see, they only use wooden weapons and armour. On the downside, they don't produce that wonderful iron "ore" known as Goblinite. Win some, loose some.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #38405 on: December 06, 2014, 08:20:38 am »

Capybaras. Capybaras. Semi-aquatic just means you can't retrieve the corpses of the victims.

Anyway, I have a hospital now.
...why is that guy listed as having no problems when his head is torn asunder and infected?

Actually, I don't want to know.

Stasiswound: major exports, pond turtle shell crafts. Major industries, construction and pond turtle fishing. Staple foodstuff, pond turtles. Military uniform, pond turtle shell armour.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:29:34 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38406 on: December 06, 2014, 10:13:07 am »

Magma crabs. Breeding. They didn't do that beforehand. And they don't even have child/egglaying tokens.

Not only did I get an annoucement that a certain magma crab has given birth to triplets, but I got twelve magma crabs in my fort (well, volcano) at the moment.

Once they decided to chill by my smithy, but it was unused at the moment.

I am betting i will have a full fifty wild magma crabs in the fort.

Now I want to mod the raws to tame them. I'm not even sure I can do that without regenning a world.

But it means than GCS will ALSO breed :D

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38407 on: December 06, 2014, 11:11:58 am »

I think the only raws that require regen are entity raws because they change the way civs are founded not the way existing civs work.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #38408 on: December 06, 2014, 11:42:52 am »

Currently setting up cavern access. Multiple contingencies in case an FB or such comes up; first a loaded weapon trap, then a pressure-plate cave-in, and then a minecart railgun.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38409 on: December 06, 2014, 11:51:21 am »

Hospital of Horror

A new recruit fought a forgotten beast and got poisoned. He's now rotting away. My chief medical dwarf is operating on him, removing rotten tissues.
She's carrying her baby while doing the surgery.

I should thank whoever destroy the trade depot while I was trading with the elves.
Because the doctor has already used more than ten wood splints.

The surgery was a success. The patient ran away to do combat drills...still faint. There were 12 splints on him.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:47:20 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38410 on: December 06, 2014, 11:56:29 am »

Cave-ins hospitalized half of my woodcutters. Apparently those earlier magma and water showers in the cave level left chunks of obsidian laying on the tree limbs.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38411 on: December 06, 2014, 12:08:11 pm »

My queen hasn't made any mandate or demand.
She doesn't have any friend in this fortress.
She's 97 years old and doesn't have any family member.
She doesn't have any negative thought, yet.

You are blessed.
...Are you sure she's a dwarf?

She just demanded a nickle silver cabinet in her bedroom
But the demand was already satisfied, because there was already a nickle silver cabinet there.
 ::)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38412 on: December 06, 2014, 01:13:15 pm »

Currently setting up cavern access. Multiple contingencies in case an FB or such comes up; first a loaded weapon trap, then a pressure-plate cave-in, and then a minecart railgun.

Wish you lot of fun. (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Trapavoid)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38413 on: December 06, 2014, 01:45:52 pm »

Making a magma railgun. I still think i'm going to make something dwarf-powered instead of roller-powered.

crunchyFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38414 on: December 06, 2014, 02:03:55 pm »

My broker didn't meet his quarterly profit target so I sicced my bronze colossus on him:
The Bronze Colossus strikes The broker in the head with its (giant mole leather right mitten), bruising the muscle through the (pig tail fiber hood)!
The broker vomits.
The Bronze Colossus strikes The broker in the head with its (giant mole leather right mitten), bruising the muscle through the (pig tail fiber hood)!
The broker retches.
The broker retches.
etc. etc.
Winter has arrived on the calendar.

Any questions?  No? OK, see you next quarter.
Pages: 1 ... 2559 2560 [2561] 2562 2563 ... 3842