Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6098905 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #23010 on: May 20, 2012, 04:16:04 pm »

Splint, tell your kobolds to keep out, us big lizards don't have anything within grabbing range, and we have big mean teeth.

What.

---

Well, I played as dwarves for once, I had a wall build. Traders came.......

GODDAMN MASTERWORK, WHY YOU BRING MAGMA BAGS? You set the entire area on fire! Even the ice was burning! I think, maybe it was something else.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23011 on: May 20, 2012, 04:22:32 pm »

How in the hell did ice catch fire!?

.... Clearly, dorf magic does exist. And isa more powerful than the laws of physics.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23012 on: May 20, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »

What.

---

Well, I played as dwarves for once, I had a wall build. Traders came.......

GODDAMN MASTERWORK, WHY YOU BRING MAGMA BAGS? You set the entire area on fire! Even the ice was burning! I think, maybe it was something else.
Three years in a row, now when they come around I seal up the fort.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23013 on: May 20, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »

Four snatchers come, one is captured the rest killed.

Kobold technology: Crude, but effective. And goblin skulls don't agree with getting smashed with iron shovels.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23014 on: May 20, 2012, 05:23:03 pm »

The Dwarven Child has been killed by a vehicle.

OH NO NOT THE CHILD THOSE ARE JUST SO IMPORTANT
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23015 on: May 20, 2012, 05:34:08 pm »

(I know it means mine carts) When the hell did dwarves invent the internal cumbustion engine!?

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23016 on: May 20, 2012, 05:57:31 pm »

First fort on the new version, decided to settle on an island to focus on a peaceful fort (which incidentally also led to my first aquifier breaching).  Got through, things are going well.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23017 on: May 20, 2012, 09:27:46 pm »

Turns out people and creatures get flung over fortifications now, even if there's a floor above the fortification.
I learned tyhis the hard way when a bridge-a-pult flung a goblin mace lord into my battlement. The results were ...less than pretty.  :-\
...aaaand it's a tantrum spiral.
Everybody is either beating up each other, tearing up their beds and dining tables, or committing tantrum-suicide by busting a bridge while standing on it. And since production's at a standstill, there's nowhere near enough coffins.

Also, the only ore around here is tetrahedrite. The mountainhomes have a little cassiterite, but nobody around here has any iron.

Chaospage is living up to its name.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23018 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:54 pm »

A tundra titan, 3 dead children (CRAP! I actually need them to replace my injured soldiers!) a dead cat, a goblin attack, and my legendary armorer (no that it really matters since kobolds can't make much besides shields) and a number of tohers, plus a swordsman made unhappy by seeing a number of kobolds incinerated.

Methinks I'm gonna need to move it up to 34.02 so I can dfhack some water on the flames....

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23019 on: May 21, 2012, 05:09:09 am »

Minecart cannons? yeah, 3 LONG stretch of rail tracks for my entrance.....invaders come? fully loaded minecarts filled with lead...yeah...goblin body parts are hilarious to watch rain down from the ceilings.

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23020 on: May 21, 2012, 05:31:45 am »

The elves arrived and left trough the caverns. They are pretty much useless except to dump some XXtroll fur sockXX on.
The did show me an unexpected tunnel in the caverns though
Again the human caravan arrives at the same time as a siege. No survivors and I am swamped in items I can't get rid off.
Still waiting for a wagon caravan to make it to find out if my escape tunnel works.
I'm considering just starting atom smashing random stuff.
2 forgotten beasts made of gemstone attacked at the same time. One breathed frozen extract, the other fire. We lost 19 men, half the army. Would have lost all if not for a lucky blow that knocked the head off the last one.
Fired my complete supply of ballista arrows at a group of 40 goblins and trolls and missed every one. Considering the way they were like a wall of flesh that is actually really impressive shooting.
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23021 on: May 21, 2012, 06:31:16 am »

3 years ago, a siege wiped out the dwarven caravan, and now ghosts are rising and harassing
my miners who are digging the new map-wide moat.
Some of their names could be engraved to the slabs and put down, while some of them simply
aren't on the list.

In other news, I sent my tame badgermen to the caves to wrestle forgotten beasts and die,
since they multiply like rabbits, but they won since the toughest FB was made of vomit.
They are still there, making more badgermen.

Axe squad finally entered the demon temple, but it was empty, since all the skeletons and
zombies wandered off the map. They simply couldn't wait 10 years for me to make a fully armoured adamantine squad.

Iceflame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23022 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:23 am »

Some of their names could be engraved to the slabs and put down, while some of them simply
aren't on the list.
This is a bug - you can use DFHack to remove unmemorizeable ghosts

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23023 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:07 am »

Test fired the cartcannon again.  This time against baby geese.

Spoiler: gamelog (click to show/hide)

Pretty good for almost empty wooden carts.  The contents(snacher corpses and assorted limbs) didn't go flying out, but the test subjects seemed to have given no resistance whatsoever to the carts, so they may just be too small.

Can't wait for my first seige. :D

What.
Splint had posted he was playing with kobolds, I happened to be having kobold troubles.  He was the closest to blame.  Are you telling me that the kobold bits I just tried to fire at a gosling was one of yours?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:44:58 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23024 on: May 21, 2012, 09:51:09 am »

My silver mine just got expanded downward and the carts built to handle it.  Also, my refuse minecart killed a dog; the dwarves go around and under my many minecart tracks.
Pages: 1 ... 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 ... 3842