Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6098393 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22980 on: May 19, 2012, 11:28:06 am »

...Tell me that's duplicated raws, a mod, or something. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #22981 on: May 19, 2012, 11:33:07 am »

I assume it was just a goat called Urist :P.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22982 on: May 19, 2012, 11:36:05 am »

Test fired my first cartcannon.  It worked far better than I thought with a dwarf powered push 2 downward ramps and a 1 z level fall (4 tiles distance traveled air time) giving the thing enough momentum to travel 63 tiles across unworked grass and soil before finally coming to a stop 2 tiles from the map edge.   A second test firing probably would have gone just as far had it not hit a dingo.

I have already expanded it to be 3 tiles wide, Now to decide whether I should throw a couple windmills near the firing mechanism or run a power line from the 20 wheel water reactor complex being built underground.  To make the thing lever powered instead of dwarf powered.  I'll also need to decide what to load the shells with.  Decisions decisions... 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:39:01 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22983 on: May 19, 2012, 12:09:10 pm »

Started playing around with minecarts. Managed to break a Glassmaker's middle spine. Further testing required, as well as more Glassmakers.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22984 on: May 19, 2012, 12:22:13 pm »

Started playing around with minecarts. Managed to break a Glassmaker's middle spine. Further testing required, as well as more Glassmakers.
It's surprisingly easy to kill someone with a minecart, you might have to dip into the cheesemakers too.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22985 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:25 pm »

I realized I unintentionally robbed a dwarven caravan when claiming bolts.
I hope they dont attack me D:
Ps: melting anvils
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22986 on: May 19, 2012, 12:47:23 pm »

I realized I unintentionally robbed a dwarven caravan when claiming bolts.
I hope they dont attack me D:
They never will. The mountainhome is cool guy who needs a fisherdwarf dump.

That's your fortress.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22987 on: May 19, 2012, 03:30:25 pm »

Ha ha!
I have successfully spread the werecivet culture to two of my 6 selected SCP Dwarves!

(One of which is unfortunately still in the were-civet holding cell, getting torn to pieces. I'm not sure if that one is going to escape).

But still! I have one safe!
As long as it doesn't die of infection, I'll have R. Asmel Ablelegar W.8. SCP 002-1 up and testing in no time!
*And I might even be able to save the original werecivet/other recruit in time... Not likely though. Sucks.

MaxZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Doot doodoo de doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22988 on: May 19, 2012, 03:46:31 pm »

Human caravan runs into a goblin ambush almost immediately, they start getting knocked about a bit, bolts start flying at the goblins from my central tower but its too far away to be of any use, i think throughout the whole incident there was 1 useful hit. A nearby macedwarf joins in, but her steel mace just causes bruising

The fracas continues and a human merchant goes berserk and starts punching his horse a few times before biting its the throat. The horse goes berserk in response and smashes the humans skull to bits. The dwarf rapid response squad finally arrived and finished off the goblins while two more horses get aggressive and another and two humans are struck with melancholy. Overall, Complete mess. About time something happened

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22989 on: May 19, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »

Aw. The other recruit bled out after having his head ripped off by the were-civet.

However, his death was not in vain, as his body shall be recovered and resurrected - still carrying the were-creature curse, and plans to begin cloning zombies are underway.

The most reliable way of ensuring one surviving infectant is to be that at least one Dwarf civilian is to be present, whilst another Dwarf is to hold the civet off for the other to escape.

Were-civets confirmed for lethality.

*EDIT
He managed to get off a last drink of Dwarven wine before dying.
I'd say rest in peace, but he's not exactly going to be resting any time soon.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:24:30 pm by Loud Whispers »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22990 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »

Two kobolds and a dog kille dby giant mosquitos. Need ranged weapons for extermination campiegn.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22991 on: May 19, 2012, 04:57:55 pm »

Finally passed the mid-point of the final stage of my mega-project when floodgate 3360 was connected to the activation array last night after a sketchy battle against fury macemen that poured into the construction opening in the tower. First time in 40 years that the fury sieges have left the edge of the map to attack.
Now the end is in sight! Still it might take ten years to charge the damn thing though.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22992 on: May 19, 2012, 05:06:19 pm »

Carnaltools has suffered a sudden increase in local hostility.

A goblin siege force (single squad of 15 speargoblins with a swordsgoblin leader) arrived and routed almost immediately after their leader and a couple of other goblins were pincushioned with bolts. Not too long after, a couple of ambush squads appeared, one of which was a melee squad (swords led by hammer) and the second was Bowgoblins.

The only fatalities attributable to the goblins were some of the elven caravan (luckily, enough survived to haul the latest batch of xClothesx away from my fort) and a guineahen, which is helpful as I now don't have to worry about a mysterious goblin lasher in the middle of my fort.

Unfortunately in the excitement one of my dwarves went missing - turns out he dodged an arrow but hit the bottom of a lake instead. The corpse is inconvenient to retrieve, but slightly more annoying is that he's gone with one of my metal crossbows brought by immigrants (since marksdwarves often use the hammernets attached to the crossbows as an alternate attack, they're still preferable to the wooden ones that I use as standard issue normally).

Oh, and also a vampire turned up. Was originally going to draft him into the militia until I realised that his list of skills just went on forever. Have tried to knock him into a cage trap by deconstructing ceilings on him but caused no lasting damage, so he's currently entombed in rock awaiting something more suitable.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22993 on: May 19, 2012, 07:09:55 pm »

The Fort of Tadlorbam seems to remain busy and dangerous.
After 3 Ambushes in a half year (year 2) a FB showed up and crushed half of my new formed militia. 3 brave dwarves died fighting.
They will not be forgotten.
I´m pretty sure there would have been not a single casualitie if I would find something better than copper and gold.

Good news:
Had enough Coffins, so no Ghostly recruits this time.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22994 on: May 19, 2012, 07:19:11 pm »

Had enough copper and bones to outfit my fledgling warbands (kobold for squads) with spears, axes and swords. The commander even netted an Iron sword from a caravan. Everyone but the axebolds have shields, gonna need to make them out of wood. Better tha nothing though. Also made some ranged weapons, or ammo for them Need some viable recruits, but my one skilled archerbold died in a hunting accident.

up to 40 'bolds.
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 3842