Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111133 times)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12990 on: April 30, 2011, 01:45:30 pm »

This 10-year-old fort ended with a dragon attack. Way to celebrate the abandonment, thanks for the fireworks, Akera!  ;D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12991 on: April 30, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »

Oaken bed artifact.
I'll just give it to an useless noble or something.
Did I mention that it has a picture of a conga killing one of my dwarves?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:26:24 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12992 on: April 30, 2011, 03:47:16 pm »

my first artifact in my new fort, was a shirt...with a picture of itself on it -.-;;

also, i am LOVING the blast furnace in genesis, it makes steel making so much easier, and i've also been pumping out serrated discs so my obsidian dwarf weapon smith can train his weapon skill...once he's legendary+5(or i run out of places to put serrated axes) i'll get him making actual weaponry...i've gotten like 8 steel dwarves as immigrants, who have no weapon skills, so i made them into their own skill less set, and set them all to use spears, since APPARENTLY silver cant be made into weapons in genesis...gonna have to see about how to change it into something useful that isnt a statue, one good steel blade is almost 15000 dwarfbucks...

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12993 on: April 30, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »

Twenty years of Halltraded...the kids are starting to grow up, alleviating our labor shortages as well as replacing some of our older soldiers (I set maxage to be 60:120, so they retire at 50 and are moved in to a reserve squad) with fresh recruits.  Of course, the concern now is that our population is scraping dangerously close to siege level, but since 36 of our population is children we don't have a functional population potentially strong enough to hold out.

We shall see.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12994 on: April 30, 2011, 04:25:54 pm »

I found the -PERFECT- map. Flux, Shallow+Deep metals, lots of soil (Easy to dig out, two whole nice layers full of super-easy-to-dig dirt), Adamantine on the 27th level, along with lots of magma above it, it has gold, platinum, hematite, galena and tetrahedrite. Loooots of trees, looots of flat ground. A river, though kinda small and far off. I was enjoying my happy days, when I discovered that badgers nested here.

All dorfs dead pretty quickly, so I reclaim it with a crack squad of Military dwarves. They all died.

I tried once more, putting ALL points into gear and combat skills. We lost again.

GRRRAAAAH don't wanna play for a while...

well, export worldgen info, delete badgers in raws, generate anew, play

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12995 on: May 01, 2011, 12:32:49 am »

The human civ's law-giver just got beheaded by goblins right outside my door... This seems like bad news.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12996 on: May 01, 2011, 02:27:02 am »

Cave croc decided to come to the surface.
It was beat up a bit by a yak, got a few injuries from a dog, and then got murdered by my military.
How disappointing.

Number7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12997 on: May 01, 2011, 02:32:37 am »

fortress is descending into madness.

and it all started with goblins riding bats, oh if only my archer tower had a roof.

bit of poor planning from me there. indeed,

Scheming Koala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12998 on: May 01, 2011, 02:47:13 am »

Just embarked on a terrifying forest next to a terrifying ocean, filled with Fun, coal and iron from what I seen so far.
Dwarfs got killed the first time because of skeletal badger men, second time I got lucky and managed to get my dwarfs in quick enough.
Lots of badger and moose men for some reason right now, some undead come out but not too many so far.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12999 on: May 01, 2011, 05:01:51 am »

New artifact.
Pure dragonite anvil with an image of our liaison admiring mussels.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13000 on: May 01, 2011, 05:10:25 am »

New fort, partly on a mountain, partly on serene lands, with a brook. Hey, it's my very first good map! Just seen pixies and gnomes for now, but that'll do  :D
There's few wood and few bushes, and it's winter almost half the year, but that adds to the challenge, right? So, at the very least, I got lots of sphalerite... sphalerite... more sphalerite... lignite... sphalerite... oh, and galena in the caverns.
... I think that means there's no copper or iron.
Oh, for Armok's sake.
... that will add to the challenge too.  8)

EDIT: HOLY MOLLY my high master immigrant weaponsmith has a fey mood! And he gathered all materials necessary! Oh boy oh boy
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:03:46 am by Musashi »
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: May 01, 2011, 09:35:57 am »

my first artifact in my new fort, was a shirt...with a picture of itself on it -.-;;

"My loyal minion made an artifact, and all I got was this lousyrecursive T-Shirt"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: May 01, 2011, 10:56:40 am »

A ghost showed up.  I'm guessing the ghost of a dead merchant guard that dodged into my volcano.   No corpse to put in a coffin, not showing up on the memorial engraving list.  After looking on the bug tracker I see that this is pretty much a known bug.

So I went into runesmith, found that particular ghost. (funnily enough she had a breathing problem) and clicked the DEAD checkbox, and it went away.

I just destroyed somebody's soul.  I know this is probably going to bite me in the ass in the future.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: May 01, 2011, 01:25:58 pm »

Rad new artifact with a value of 156840 due to 3 platinum bars being used in the construction.
A shogun ceanataur leather lance's shield.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: May 01, 2011, 02:07:10 pm »

Twenty years of Halltraded...the kids are starting to grow up, alleviating our labor shortages as well as replacing some of our older soldiers (I set maxage to be 60:120, so they retire at 50 and are moved in to a reserve squad) with fresh recruits.  Of course, the concern now is that our population is scraping dangerously close to siege level, but since 36 of our population is children we don't have a functional population potentially strong enough to hold out.

We shall see.

Was that place randomly named Halltraded? You know that name is cursed, right?:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=22236.0
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 3842