Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 866 867 [868] 869 870 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110997 times)

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13005 on: May 01, 2011, 02:17:42 pm »

Today I legitimately traded with the elves. Because I guess it's the Christian thing to do.

I've never noticed before how incredibly useless Elven merchandise is.

"Hey, Iferi, we're headed to Reliefbolt. Think we should bring booze?"
"Well, Lene, they're dwarves. What do you think?"
"...Nah, they probably wouldn't want any."
"You know what they'd really like? pig tail fiber cloth."
"Totally. Let's bring about 5000 worth of that."

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13006 on: May 01, 2011, 02:50:24 pm »

my first artifact in my new fort, was a shirt...with a picture of itself on it -.-;;

"My loyal minion made an artifact, and all I got was this lousyrecursive T-Shirt"

just a second, imma run df again just so i can see the artifacts description for you...

this is a arachna silk shirt, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality, it is decorated with arachna silk, it is made from arachna silk cloth
on the item is an image of partnermaxes the arachan silk shirt in arachna silk
on the item is an image of fel supperblossoms, the deity of loyalty, festivals, revelry, dance and music, depicted as a male jade dwarf and dwarves in spider silk, the dwarves are paying, fel supperblossoms is contemplating.

so!

it is a silk shirt, with a picture of itself on it, and a picture of what is basically dionysus of the dwarves

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13007 on: May 01, 2011, 03:36:54 pm »

So a giant blue hairy dimetrodon came to my fortress. I figured I was cool, I have three anti-Forgotten Beast defense systems: First, a Ballista on a landing of the staircase, requiring anything going up the staircase to step into point blank range. If that don't work, we got trenchs 20 z-levels deep on either side of bridge/hallway, which has a set of repeating-lever spear-traps on it. And if that don't work, we have a spot where we can build walls to seal off the caverns.

Ast Throatpicks, Clothier was on the ballista when the forgotten beast reached the killzone. He immediately abandoned the ballista. I initally assumed he was running in fear. In retrospect, he probably decided that the ballista gave him an unfair advantage.

He and the Forgotten Beast exchanged exactly two blows, before Ast tricked it into jumping off a cliff, falling to an explodey death.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13008 on: May 01, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »

my first artifact in my new fort, was a shirt...with a picture of itself on it -.-;;

"My loyal minion made an artifact, and all I got was this lousyrecursive T-Shirt"

just a second, imma run df again just so i can see the artifacts description for you...

this is a arachna silk shirt, all craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality, it is decorated with arachna silk, it is made from arachna silk cloth
on the item is an image of partnermaxes the arachan silk shirt in arachna silk
on the item is an image of fel supperblossoms, the deity of loyalty, festivals, revelry, dance and music, depicted as a male jade dwarf and dwarves in spider silk, the dwarves are paying, fel supperblossoms is contemplating.

so!

it is a silk shirt, with a picture of itself on it, and a picture of what is basically dionysus of the dwarves

I bet Fel was wearing the shirt!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13009 on: May 01, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »

my jewelcraft was working in his workshop.
had a mood in his workshop.
was cutting gems in his workshop.
used the gems from his workshop.
is now building something without having to move anywhere.
just like..."ohhh now that i think about cutting white jaspers...."
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13010 on: May 01, 2011, 04:32:04 pm »

so before i completely forgot to remove blue crystals from my gem stockpile, it was flooded with them...atleast my second mood used a few of em -.-;;

a blue crystal amulet, with rings of blue crystal, and spikes of slate -.-;;

no interesting pictures unfortuantely

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13011 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:25 pm »

Learning to placate ambushes and sieges with cave-ins and almost no trap/military.
Why didn't anybody tell me before how fun* it is?!

*the human definition of fun you find in any dictionary. Not Fun®, although it could switch at any instant into its dwarven meaning.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13012 on: May 02, 2011, 04:17:33 am »

One of my best axedwarves just had his weapon arm cut off. While the casualties recover in hospital, maybe I'll stop griefing the human caravan...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13013 on: May 02, 2011, 09:11:19 am »

Tetrahedrite! Praise the miners!
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13014 on: May 02, 2011, 10:29:54 am »

My small militia ran into some Reptile-people while following Elk Birds. Meanwhile a bone doctor got savaged, quite a bit away, by a Giant butt bat.

The doctor led the batt into a few traps (which taught me stonefalls are still pitiful) and I now have a giant bat cage. Bitchin'. For the bat to have got where it was it'd have had to pass by the very same traps, though, so that's a bit odd.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:33:07 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13015 on: May 02, 2011, 10:47:46 am »

Protip: Bats fly ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13016 on: May 02, 2011, 10:49:16 am »

Golly gee, I never thought of that!

>:(

It still flew into the trap afterwards, though.

Also it turns out I have a fish dissector whose foot looked tasty to an Elk Bird. I hope someone at least scoops him up and brings him to the hospital.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13017 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:32 am »

Golly gee, I never thought of that!

>:(
ken foarfalle :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13018 on: May 02, 2011, 11:00:41 am »

:o

:D

The dissector who fed whose foot was food has been rescued now. Good. I prefer her being in hospital because 'rest' doesn't count as idle. :P

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13019 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18:43 am »

Elves are useful for two things:

1.) Exotic Animals (you go out and catch a freaking giant eagle...).
2.) Cloth (which means I don't have to farm it myself).
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 866 867 [868] 869 870 ... 3842