Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111291 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12960 on: April 28, 2011, 08:27:29 pm »

... I think I pissed off the elves.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: April 28, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »

started a new fort again...since i picked one of the three dwarven civ's that dont have access to lions, i decided to go for the far more mundane mastiff's...

so im looking around, pretty nice, mountains untamed wilds, rest of the region, simple wilderness...

i have a mountain peak nearby that seems to be an oval of magnetite, probably gonna mine that out expect for one piece so it wont fall...

wassat? job suspended, interrupted by giant eagle? meh, who cares, get back to work...

OH GOD NO THE EAGLE ENRAGED! NO MY MASON! NO MY CARPENTER! GOD DAMNIT!!!

fort dead.

krescent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: April 29, 2011, 03:13:05 am »

OVERRAN BY KITTENS AND BUNNIES.

jeez why don't dogs multiply this fast?!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: April 29, 2011, 03:25:59 am »

Lala dig dig nice lava moat damn dig through "warm stone" on the level below keeps pausing unpause unpause unpause

what is that group of brown g's.... oh, goblin pikemen decimating my fort. I Lose.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12964 on: April 29, 2011, 04:31:17 am »

Fortress lockdown due to massive numbers of goblins outside my fort. Merchants decided to go crazy and start berserking. Cue loyalty spiral... 11 dwarfs dead and counting , the fortress militia all have been killed by a miner. I fear the worst.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: April 29, 2011, 04:35:11 am »

The nicest thing was my axedorf who had gotten a goblin unconscious, and started hacking at his head.

The axedwarf tries to hit the goblin pikeman in the head but the copper war axe was deflected by the copper helmet.

x10!

Faildwarf.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12966 on: April 29, 2011, 07:59:13 am »

Finished the giant statue of the goddess of oaths! It... it looks like what I intended in Stonesense, for once. I'm finally getting the hang of it :'(
On another note, artifact shiny blue mace. Goddamnit!
Now I've completed the megaprojects, I'll abandon the fort once it reaches 10 years of age. If it doesn't crumble to its end first.  :D
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: April 29, 2011, 08:07:18 am »

......what the hell did you do? ah well genocide time for you 8)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: April 29, 2011, 08:09:37 am »

Did you bring the wrath of Cacame upon yourself too?
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #12969 on: April 29, 2011, 08:34:24 am »

I modded the entity raws for the elves so they would send diplomats.  When my fortress was large enough to have a Baron, the elves sent a diplomat who lectured my dwarves on the evils of tree-cutting and demanded I stop cutting so many trees.  I agreed to their demands, then as soon as the meeting was over designated the entire map for tree-cutting.  The next year, the diplomat showed up again.  Not wanting to waste my Baron's valuable time (he's one of my best miners), I had my military kill the elven diplomat.  The same thing happened the next year, and the year after that.  Then the elves ran out of patience and/or diplomats and sent ambushes instead.

There were a lot more than what's shown there, the ambush groups kept spawning for the entire spring.  There were about thirty ambush groups in all, many of them riding horses, moose, or war grizzly bears.  I was hoping they'd bring unicorns so I could set up a wild unicorn ranch, but the elves in this world don't seem to have access to them.

The really hilarious bit is that they all spawned in the same place, right on top of a retracting drawbridge over the drop pit the Baron had been digging out.  One lever pull and several hundred elves and animals fell into the pit.  Many of them died, some survived with horrible injuries.  I now have a pit full of badly injured elves, war animals, corpses and body parts.  Sadly, the magma pump stack is still a few years away from completion.  Instead I think I'll fill the pit with water, slowly, and see how long it takes them to drown.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12970 on: April 29, 2011, 10:27:29 am »

don't, some elves know how to swim. Let them die of their wounds. Or use marksdwarf shooting WOODEN bolts at them. Piss them off and kill them too.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: April 29, 2011, 02:56:04 pm »

Brotherpaint lives again!

Upon reclaim I discover: a friendly goblin thief  ???, an impossibly huge food stockpile room now empty  >:(, and the entire map covered in discarded clothing items  :o. Current suspect: mischievious rodents of some sort. Or wind or something.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: April 29, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »

Brotherpaint is dead again.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: April 29, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »

The chief medical dwarf bites The Raccoon in the mouth, tearing apart the skin!
The chief medical dwarf latches on firmly!
The chief medical dwarf shakes The Raccoon around by the mouth, tearing apart the mouth's muscle!
That was either the dwarven version of CPR or your chief medic is really twisted.
Nom nom nom

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: April 29, 2011, 03:16:05 pm »

I just had a fey mood produce me an Iron Maiden, just check out that name!

(it even has a picture of a skirt on it)

Now if only there were a way to get the nobles into it *before* they were dead...

This is definitely getting mounted in the prison.

That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 3842