Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111285 times)

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12975 on: April 29, 2011, 03:16:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is the coolest fb ever:) I love that effect. However it is starting to seriously impair my fps and i have no marksdwarves to shoot it:/

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: April 29, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is the coolest fb ever:) I love that effect. However it is starting to seriously impair my fps and i have no marksdwarves to shoot it:/

Is it made of fire?

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: April 29, 2011, 03:34:23 pm »

yes

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: April 29, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »

There is a vast epidemic due to deadly blood*.
... which, strangely, isn't actually deadly at all. Sure, blisters pop up on every inch of one's body, raises dangerously their body temperature, and cause incontrollable vomiting... but once they reach the hospital, bam, they walk out even faster.
Won't bother cleaning up everything. It's the most benign thing I've ever had since the blessed mass blindness syndrome.

*worth noting it was spread by a humanoid toad from the deep.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: April 29, 2011, 03:58:11 pm »

Brotherpaint lives again!

Upon reclaim I discover: a friendly goblin thief  ???, an impossibly huge food stockpile room now empty  >:(, and the entire map covered in discarded clothing items  :o. Current suspect: mischievious rodents of some sort. Or wind or something.
I think friendly thieves happen when you abandon a fort while they're still in their cages. Once, three friendly leftover thieves rescued my fort from an early ambush. Still lost to tantrum spiral because the militiadwarfs died though.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:46 pm »

My fortress shares the lands with some Moose-People. I'll have to decide whether they're friends or foes, but they can't be butchered so it'll probably be friend.

Also, an experiment: Reliefbolt shall have no kitchens. Dwarven diet will consist mainly of raw meat, as that seems the more dwarfy alternative to things like plump helmet roasts with strawberry seeds, or tuber and booze stew. What is this, an Elf commune?

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #12981 on: April 30, 2011, 03:48:33 am »

Sometimes modding can give weird awesome results.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: April 30, 2011, 05:35:12 am »

Encountered my first titan. Axecat lopped it in half, one shot one kill. I suppose I shouldn't have expected much of a fight from a lizard that emanates giving and kindness.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: April 30, 2011, 06:14:02 am »

my fort is twelve years old and I have finally given bedrooms to some of my dwarves. Specifically, the military. So pretty much my entire army except for the squad on gate duty wanders off into the tundra to pick up all the crap they'd claimed before I started d-b-D'ing all non metal goblinite.

The first thing that happens is that a goblin swordsman ambush decloaks next to a solitary dwarf. I check her out and she is a champion (legendary knife/shield/fighter) from my knife squad. *activate* four dead goblins later, she quietly gets her item and goes back inside.

The next thing that happens is another ambush has a go at my Captain of the Guard, who carries an artifact adamantine war hammer, artifact silver buckler, and is followed by 62 war dogs due to being the fort's designated animal trainer. I counted five dogs attached to one goblin at the same time in the combat logs.

And then the third ambush comes up to the gate and decloaks right next to the captain of the on-duty squad, a swordsdwarf entirely equipped in adamantine with an exceptional sword. I didn't even have to tell anyone to do anything that time. There were no survivors.

Moral, if you see a Bellrings soldier out on his own, JUST LET HIM PICK UP HIS SOCK.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: April 30, 2011, 06:24:02 am »

My mayor just asked for a billon slab in her office.
And things were going so well, too.  >:(
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

zephyr_hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: April 30, 2011, 06:35:08 am »

hey if that's a demand at least you can just ignore it.
Soapmaker? Looking for a fort to migrate to? Come to Ubenudil! Lush tropical climate, friendly neighbors, rumors of terrifying curse on the land entirely unfounded. Probably.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85057.0
This message brought to you by the Soapmaker's Guild of Isakudil.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: April 30, 2011, 07:30:50 am »

The Queen has arrived! And she brought a bunch of legendary warriors with her! Ooh yeah :D

In other news my squaddies never seem to be doing any demonstrations any more, just "Individual combat drill". I guess I borked one of the settings somewhere. Anyone know how to fix that?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: April 30, 2011, 08:54:26 am »

I found the -PERFECT- map. Flux, Shallow+Deep metals, lots of soil (Easy to dig out, two whole nice layers full of super-easy-to-dig dirt), Adamantine on the 27th level, along with lots of magma above it, it has gold, platinum, hematite, galena and tetrahedrite. Loooots of trees, looots of flat ground. A river, though kinda small and far off. I was enjoying my happy days, when I discovered that badgers nested here.

All dorfs dead pretty quickly, so I reclaim it with a crack squad of Military dwarves. They all died.

I tried once more, putting ALL points into gear and combat skills. We lost again.

GRRRAAAAH don't wanna play for a while...

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

anironpart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: April 30, 2011, 10:35:11 am »

A crossbow dwarf tried to wrestle a Giant Badger instead of shooting it.  :(

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: April 30, 2011, 12:45:08 pm »

voracious cave crawler killed my 9 dwarves. Ouch, if it wasn't the cave crawler, it would have been the jabberer right behind it ...
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 3842