Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34854 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2015, 12:12:51 am »

hi 4mask! you replied while I was writing up an explanation

thedarkstar only choosing to engage w/ the person that voted him is lazy, bad and kinda scummy. it's like he wanted to OMGUS but then came up with the pressure vote excuse.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:43 am »

I still think it's weird that you were imagining at some point wanting to be able to post on the weekend and then not doing anything to give yourself the opportunity but I guess it's probably not alignment indicative

Kinda interesting that 4mask and OSG sound like they're starting to suspect each other when I get the impression they know are particularly familiar w/ each other.

There's some stuff I ought to reread but I'm trying to stop giving a shit because it makes me kind of angry when I think about how much more time I believe I've spent trying to play this game compared to like 4 of you. so happy earth day and gnight

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2015, 12:39:39 am »

Alrightyo, it's 10 PM my time and I should be asleep right now but here's what I'm thinking right now:

I was also hesitant to extend over the weekend because that is a near-certain killer of activity: see my rant in the Mafia Theory thread on the matter.
Here it is. I conceded that he has a reason for it, but that still makes me wary about it.
Tea: you're not annoying people with your posting rate, OSG and I can do far more on weekends when we don't have school (I love high school and little homework).
So I'm confused. I was under the impression that you wanted to have the opportunity to post over the weekend and were aware of at least another player that would benefit from it..?
Please go read my rant in the mafia theory thread.  It contains my thoughts on the matter.  It should be the last thing on my most recent post on it.

Urk my brain is trying to shut down, but I'll try to do my best in this post.

origamiscienceguy, where are you?  You're usually THE most active poster in any game you play, and now you're disappeared.  Wub is up with you?

Tea: Please explain your vote on TDS.

roo: Do remember that TDS replaced in partway through the day, and take post number into account when making accusations like that.

TheDarkStar: What do you think of roo's accusations?

Dani: Wherefore art thou?

Dorsidwarf: You have yet to respond to roo's accusations.  Wherefore art thou?

1.) I recognize that and am unimpressed so far. And I have taken it into acct.
Or not it's cool.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2015, 06:48:59 am »

PFP- laptop died last night, hence no response.

EBWOP
There are still three days in the Day, roo. Why are you trying to activate the three-day extension now?

oh cool scum.

Dorsidwarf

I am not following your line of reasoning at all. Mainly because there was none. How is voting for an extension worthy of a vote? And I noticed this weird thing where people don't post for days and instead are left to the last minute playing catch up. And what is the difference between voting for an extension now over 2 (3?) days later?
Extensions are for when the Day's nearly over and nothing conclusive has happened/discussion is ongoing. Calling an extension at the start of the Day is odd/pointless, especially when coupled with a reason-free vote ( Which is pretty suspicious in itself.) I voted you because my other scum pick was defending you Yesterday, you're acting erratically, and making no sense whatsoever.
Additionally, your vote is quite literally the textbook definition of an OMGUS. I voted you for acting suspicious and confusingly, and you said "Wait no it was a scum trap or something honest!" And voted me. You then padded your flimsy reasoning with a general statement about B12 mafia heating up towards the end of the day (? If I'm not misunderstanding your dense stream-of-consciousness posts), before asking the blatantly rhetorical question of "Should the we-need-more-time button be pushed half a week before it becomes relevant?"

everyone else who asked a Q[\b] : I can post from my PC tonight somewhat better
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2015, 11:20:02 am »

So you're saying the whole extension thing was bullshit and I was supposed to read several paragraphs of subtext. Cool.
Or not it's cool.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2015, 04:37:15 pm »

So you're saying the whole extension thing was bullshit and I was supposed to read several paragraphs of subtext. Cool.
No? I'm saying that you're acting funny, and voting for a grace period days before it's needed is suspiscious enough for me to vote you. I don't expect any 'paragraphs of subtext', let alone several. I expect you to explain what's going on, why you're so buddy-buddy with OSG, why you were voting without any reason at all on D2, and why you voted for an extension out of the blue. Less than a day into the Day.
Dorsidwarf: You have yet to respond to roo's accusations.  Wherefore art thou?
Laptop woes, Roo's accusations rebuffed in previous post.

hey I forgot to bold but plz read the above post 4mask/Dark Star/Dorsidwaf. also can someone tell me why talking about nightkills is bad?? third time I've asked
I think the reason why people aren't meant to mull over the nightkill D1 is that it leads to WIFOM.
"The scum would kill the more active player! X is scum!"
"No! They'd want us to think that, it's clearly a trick!"
"How can you tell that! Are you scum?"
"Baseless accusation! You're trying to push an agenda! Scum!"
and so forth.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2015, 04:38:37 pm »

Addition to Roo: Also, mind explaining  why you voted for someone voting you with basically nothing except "You voted me! You're scum!"?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2015, 05:05:27 pm »

dorsis initial vote on me was for voting to extend the day. Doris call this suspicious behavior, but does not explain why it is suspicious. It is almost always no matter what anybody says to the benefit of the town for the day phase to last longer. There are a lot of lurkers here and some who post only once a day. I fail to see how voting for an extension now over two days later is "odd". I would love to hear how this action is alignment indicative from Dorsi. Only now when his laptop finally found a charger does Dorsi say I have been "acting funny," but does not care enough to indicate which posts led him to believe this. And only now does he say his reason for voting me. That osg his scum read was defending me yesterday, acting erratically and not making any sense. It begs the question why not vote for me yesterday? Or the beginning of today? Which of my posts are erratic and what posts don't make any sense whatsoever? One thing I do know for certain Dorsi needs more votes. It should be clear to anyone my "omgus" vote on Dorsi was a direct response to his vote on me. Dorsi voted me for wanting to extend the day. I thought that was definitely worth of pursuit and voted back.
Or not it's cool.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2015, 09:04:05 am »

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf - (0) -
  • Dani - (0) -
  • Dorsidwarf - (1) - roo
  • TheDarkStar - (1) - Tea
  • origamiscienceguy - (1) - 4maskwolf
  • roo - (2) - Dorsidwarf, TheDarkStar
  • Tea - (0) -

Not voting - (2) - Dani, origamiscienceguy

Extension requests: 1 (roo)
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Day will end @ 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Friday, April 24th.

Day ends in approx. 3.5 hours

Seeing as that Dani never responded to my prod three days ago, that position is now up for replacement.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 1 replacement needed!
« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2015, 09:17:47 am »

I can replace in. Doubt I'll do anything before day's end though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 1 replacement needed!
« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2015, 12:33:50 pm »

Deus Asmoth is replaced in for Dani.

Day is extended to Monday, April 27th @ 12:30 PM due to replacement.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - Loafing around.
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2015, 02:10:05 pm »

origamiscienceguy

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2015, 04:02:44 pm »

origamiscienceguy

Good job tying a lynch at the end of the day with no explanation, Tea. I'd be surprised if you and roo weren't scumbuddies right now.

Why did you think the OSG vote was good?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2015, 04:05:20 pm »

origamiscienceguy

Good job tying a lynch with no explanation, Tea. I'd be surprised if you and roo weren't scumbuddies right now.

Why did you think the OSG vote was good?

EBWOP because I missed the extension.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2015, 05:09:21 pm »

Tea:Why are you voting OSG? I'm noticing a really annoying trend of people just voting without explanation this game.
OSG: Feel like playing anytime in the next millenium?
  You last logged in a few hours ago. Why are you pretending to be away? Lurking when people have asked you questions and are  expecting you could be considered rude. And scummy.
TDS:Why does tying the lynch (especially with another 3 day mod extension) make him so scummy? Or is the operative phrase "with no explanation"?. I haven't heard anything much from you, especially not suspiscion on a Tea-Roo scumteam. Why does Tea voting OSG make you think they're allied?
Roo: Try playing bay12 forum mafia here, instead of Town Of Salem.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21