Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34808 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - Loafing around.
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2015, 11:46:07 am »

Tea,, if your vote on OSG was a pressure vote (in spite of you not having any questions you were pressuring him into answering), what's the logic behind your vote on TDS?

I don't want to quibble. I want to know what you think Bay12's mafia is like and why Dorsi is wrong about it.
Good, then you won't have a problem waiting and asking me post game.
Unfortunately, yes I will have a problem with that, because your opinion on how mafia should be played here informs on why you do certain things. The fact that you've refused to answer me twice at this point just leads me to believe you were dismissing Dorsi for the sake of being contrary.
That's fine; your assumptions are your own.
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2015, 01:31:17 pm »

hey 4mask do you still think osg is scummy
I vooted him to get him in the game.

darkstar

Come at me bro
Tea and roo: please start explaining your votes in the same post that you make them, unless there is a VERY good reason not to.
I feel like my reasons for revoting dark star should be obvious to people who have read my last like five posts! Do you think anyone is scum?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2015, 01:36:12 pm »

Tea,, if your vote on OSG was a pressure vote (in spite of you not having any questions you were pressuring him into answering), what's the logic behind your vote on TDS?

I don't want to quibble. I want to know what you think Bay12's mafia is like and why Dorsi is wrong about it.
Good, then you won't have a problem waiting and asking me post game.
Unfortunately, yes I will have a problem with that, because your opinion on how mafia should be played here informs on why you do certain things. The fact that you've refused to answer me twice at this point just leads me to believe you were dismissing Dorsi for the sake of being contrary.
I just left it as something for him to react to and as possible motivation to post about fking anything at all (to which the response was replacing out? Which is annoying as shit and I don't really know what to do about!) Dark Star still seems to be pushing bad lynches with bad, scummy reasoning while not actually trying to game solve, so I decided to move it back there!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49:13 pm »

Dark Star still seems to be pushing bad lynches with bad, scummy reasoning while not actually trying to game solve, so I decided to move it back there!
Would it really have been so difficult to include this reasoning when you voted for him?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2015, 03:04:26 pm »

Dark Star still seems to be pushing bad lynches with bad, scummy reasoning while not actually trying to game solve, so I decided to move it back there!
Would it really have been so difficult to include this reasoning when you voted for him?
Feel free to contribute instead of continuously posting fluff questions that generate fluff posts. :rolls:
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2015, 03:05:39 pm »

Have you read the game DA?
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2015, 05:55:39 pm »

Somewhat, as I'm on mobile and busyish? Mostly I was trying to annoy him tho. What was the point of this question?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2015, 06:29:03 pm »

Feel free to contribute instead of continuously posting fluff questions that generate fluff posts. :rolls:
My apologies, Person Who Has Repeatedly Refused to Answer My Simple Question. Allow me to post an essay to satisfy your standards for participation.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2015, 07:18:30 pm »

My apologies, Person Who Has Repeatedly Refused to Answer My Simple Question. Allow me to post an essay to satisfy your standards for participation.
How about a post that indicates that you have actually read the thread? Instead of pointless inane questions that serve no purpose.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2015, 07:33:18 pm »

I'll take that as a no. That you haven't read the thread.
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 25, 2015, 08:50:14 pm »

Much as I'd like to leave it at that due to my enjoyment of being a smart arse, I don't see where you're getting that idea. But in any case, let's start on how my question is inane and pointless considering I've already given my reasoning behind it and you've still not answered it in spite of one sentence being more than enough to do so. Though if we're going on about inane questions, let's think about the fact that your only question to me has been utterly pointless.

Then, if you want me to bring up some past details to satisfy your need to ensure that I know my history, why did you decide to vote for Playergamer despite thinking Dorsi was scummier? Is a possible lurker seriously that much of a threat to you, or were you just going for someone who mightn't be able to defend themselves?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »

Where do you see this? Include quotes, please.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2015, 09:18:11 pm »

Much as I'd like to leave it at that due to my enjoyment of being a smart arse, I don't see where you're getting that idea. But in any case, let's start on how my question is inane and pointless considering I've already given my reasoning behind it and you've still not answered it in spite of one sentence being more than enough to do so. Though if we're going on about inane questions, let's think about the fact that your only question to me has been utterly pointless.

Then, if you want me to bring up some past details to satisfy your need to ensure that I know my history, why did you decide to vote for Playergamer despite thinking Dorsi was scummier? Is a possible lurker seriously that much of a threat to you, or were you just going for someone who mightn't be able to defend themselves?

So much for whatever your definition of what bay 12 might be. Yes let's think it through Why would a scum want to lynch a lurker? Pray tell Deus.  You seem to be flabbergasted at the idea of player being much of a threat partly because he's already dead and the rest because you already know that he is town. Or am I mistaken?

It really does show how much you have read tho. Besides the fact where I talk about the very subject you bring up at least twice before iirc. I voted Player because he might be scum the only other alternative was osg who I had as a town read, and surprise surprise no one was very active. In fact most of the players did not take a stance. I presented an alternative to my town read.

Hey Deus you have something there; it's your bias showing. Cherry picking things, trying to connect me to scum so you'll be justified in disliking me. If you're gonna vote me vote me. I tire of these monkeyshines. Find some weird erratic text or look at my voting for an extension as vote worthy (yes that was a shot at Dorsi). I still have no clue what the point of all this progression leading up to this was(I assume you'll find something vote worthy eventually). I still don't see why my opinion of the meta at this site is relevant.

And I know you've given your "justification" for wanting to satiate your curiosity about what I think of bay 12 mafia. I simply said no. Feel free to keep pressing the issue because the next time around I'll definitely tell [/sarcasm].
Or not it's cool.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2015, 12:11:46 am »

You guys could do better with a little bit less sarcasm in your posts. Mafia is a hard game, and if you're angry at other players and being sarcastic it just makes it harder and more difficult to get across what you are saying.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:13:20 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2015, 12:40:08 am »

On why Darkstar is annoying and scummy, ~including quotes~

first post (that I remember, anyway)
roo:

TheDarkStar
I think this is the right course of action.

extend

Why?

EBWOP
There are still three days in the Day, roo. Why are you trying to activate the three-day extension now?

oh cool scum.

Dorsidwarf

I am not following your line of reasoning at all. Mainly because there was none. How is voting for an extension worthy of a vote? And I noticed this weird thing where people don't post for days and instead are left to the last minute playing catch up. And what is the difference between voting for an extension now over 2 (3?) days later?

Why is Dorsi scummy for voting for you?

my thoughts on that post
hi 4mask! you replied while I was writing up an explanation

thedarkstar only choosing to engage w/ the person that voted him is lazy, bad and kinda scummy. it's like he wanted to OMGUS but then came up with the pressure vote excuse.

the next 2 posts
origamiscienceguy

Good job tying a lynch at the end of the day with no explanation, Tea. I'd be surprised if you and roo weren't scumbuddies right now.

Why did you think the OSG vote was good?

Good job tying a lynch with no explanation, Tea. I'd be surprised if you and roo weren't scumbuddies right now.

Why did you think the OSG vote was good?

EBWOP because I missed the extension.
Now I might be biased because he sounds like a condescending prick here, but I also think he in the EBWOP still seems unreasonably invested in roo getting lynched considering he's posted zero follow-up analysis or anything at all regarding roo. He's just here to tell us that the people that have attacked him are scum together! It seems like there's more of an interest in trying to make ppl look bad than actually gamesolving...considering he just explained the roo vote as a pressure vote to get roo to answer questions. I'm not convinced he actually cares about finding scum.

another post
TDS:Why does tying the lynch (especially with another 3 day mod extension) make him so scummy? Or is the operative phrase "with no explanation"?. I haven't heard anything much from you, especially not suspiscion on a Tea-Roo scumteam. Why does Tea voting OSG make you think they're allied?

I remembered seeing that the day was supposed to end today. After posting, I saw the post about the extend. If the day was actually ending around now, I'd be very suspicious, but I'm just mildly suspicious because of the lack of a reason for that vote.
More interested in defending self than actually following up about his earlier questions? Does he even think roo is scummy? Did he ask them to look like he was doing something or b/c he actually wanted an answer?? Who fucking knows!

only other post in the thread?

Where do you see this? Include quotes, please.
lol why do you care so much that I'm voting you (and about discrediting everyone who has ever voted you) and not care about where your own vote is?? do you actually have opinions about anything or are you going to just keep asking empty questions? how much mafia experience do you have?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21