Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34846 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2015, 04:44:12 pm »

EBWOP
There are still three days in the Day, roo. Why are you trying to activate the three-day extension now?

oh cool scum.

Dorsidwarf

I am not following your line of reasoning at all. Mainly because there was none. How is voting for an extension worthy of a vote? And I noticed this weird thing where people don't post for days and instead are left to the last minute playing catch up. And what is the difference between voting for an extension now over 2 (3?) days later?
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2015, 06:14:33 pm »

Oh hai everyone.

Reads are still forthcoming, because I haven't actually checked the thread since I posted last yesterday and need to finish a massive english project by tomorrow, so I'm probably not going to be of any use on the reads front for the time being.

roo: I'm glad to see that you've toned down the personal aggressiveness and channeled that into aggressiveness in pursuing things in game.

origamiscienceguy: Now I have a bone to pick with you.  What I referenced was something outside of the context of the game (or any game, for that matter) and was thus my honest opinion on the matter.  If you don't agree with me, you can say so, but game beliefs people espouse aren't grounds for suspicion of lynching.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2015, 06:15:05 pm »

EBWOP: That was supposed to be suspicion or lynching.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2015, 06:31:04 pm »

roo:

TheDarkStar
I think this is the right course of action.

extend

Why?

EBWOP
There are still three days in the Day, roo. Why are you trying to activate the three-day extension now?

oh cool scum.

Dorsidwarf

I am not following your line of reasoning at all. Mainly because there was none. How is voting for an extension worthy of a vote? And I noticed this weird thing where people don't post for days and instead are left to the last minute playing catch up. And what is the difference between voting for an extension now over 2 (3?) days later?

Why is Dorsi scummy for voting for you?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »

roo:

TheDarkStar

extend

Why?

EBWOP

oh cool scum.

Dorsidwarf

I explain it fairly well in the post you quoted. Please feel free to say what part confused you. I am more than happy to oblige.

@dorsi would this count as chainsawing? Don't answer it was for everyone else's benefit.
@TDS First post you quoted are you saying why the extend or why the vote? If both I explained why the extend. And I voted you because there was no better alternative at that time. 
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2015, 08:11:34 pm »

I might be back in like five hours but I'm busy so maybe not

Tea: Lynching a lurker for lurking probbably wasn't the best day 1 choice, as there's no way to examine connections and their posts to get solid detective work day. However, it sounds like you had to make pretty much a snap choice, and at the end of the Day, what's done is done.

Why have you been trying to analyse the scumkill, even though 2 ICs and the starter post told you not to?
I mean, I've analyzed it way more in private than I have in public because it's apparently bad! Still have no idea why though - I remember Persus said it was bad, but didn't say why (when he popped back up, he decided to just make fun of someone for misspelling his name!) If the first post or if 4mask mentioned it, I didn't see it. My in-thread discussion of the kill was b/c I wanted to engage with roo about their analysis b/c their reasoning was questionable to the point of being odd.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2015, 02:36:52 am »

I was also hesitant to extend over the weekend because that is a near-certain killer of activity: see my rant in the Mafia Theory thread on the matter.
Here it is. I conceded that he has a reason for it, but that still makes me wary about it.
Tea: you're not annoying people with your posting rate, OSG and I can do far more on weekends when we don't have school (I love high school and little homework).
So I'm confused. I was under the impression that you wanted to have the opportunity to post over the weekend and were aware of at least another player that would benefit from it..?

Wait, are there seriously not one but two people voting roo for trying to extend the deadline? Lmao how is that the most voteworthy thing in the thread. Holy shit. I think Dark Star bandwagoning on that shit without doing a legit catch-up is worse than Dorsid but I just don't even

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2015, 02:39:42 am »

hey I forgot to bold but plz read the above post 4mask/Dark Star/Dorsidwaf. also can someone tell me why talking about nightkills is bad?? third time I've asked

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2015, 09:10:20 am »

Vote count:
  • 4maskwolf - (0) -
  • Dani - (0) -
  • Dorsidwarf - (1) - roo
  • TheDarkStar - (0) -
  • origamiscienceguy - (0) -
  • roo - (2) - Dorsidwarf, TheDarkStar
  • Tea - (0) -

Not voting - (4) - 4maskwolf, Dani, origamiscienceguy, Tea

Extension requests: 1 (roo)
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Day will end @ 12:30 PM Central time (UTC - 06:00), Friday, April 24th.  (Approx. 51 hours)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2015, 02:00:15 pm »

I wish. I wish. I wish the people here would post. I wish the pages full of ink. I wish that ink be full thought. I wish please. Oh well. Hey Tea what server do you play on?
Or not it's cool.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2015, 03:42:39 pm »

I was also hesitant to extend over the weekend because that is a near-certain killer of activity: see my rant in the Mafia Theory thread on the matter.
Here it is. I conceded that he has a reason for it, but that still makes me wary about it.
Tea: you're not annoying people with your posting rate, OSG and I can do far more on weekends when we don't have school (I love high school and little homework).
So I'm confused. I was under the impression that you wanted to have the opportunity to post over the weekend and were aware of at least another player that would benefit from it..?

Wait, are there seriously not one but two people voting roo for trying to extend the deadline? Lmao how is that the most voteworthy thing in the thread. Holy shit. I think Dark Star bandwagoning on that shit without doing a legit catch-up is worse than Dorsid but I just don't even

At this point, it's a pressure vote. Day 2 will still run for a while and there's still lots of time for him to answer.

Roo: Why did you think that I was the best person to vote?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2015, 05:48:11 pm »

roo:

TheDarkStar

extend

Why?

EBWOP

oh cool scum.

Dorsidwarf

The question implies you think the vote was a very valid and well reasoned one or am I mistaken?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »

At this point, it's a pressure vote. Day 2 will still run for a while and there's still lots of time for him to answer.

Roo: Why did you think that I was the best person to vote?

I don't think you were. I knew you were. No content. No stances. Even now your vote is omgus for pressure. lurking. Right now tho Dorsi is worse imho. Don't worry yes we'll lynch you yet.
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2015, 12:03:29 am »

thedarkstar

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2015, 12:09:57 am »

Alrightyo, it's 10 PM my time and I should be asleep right now but here's what I'm thinking right now:

Please go read my rant in the mafia theory thread.  It contains my thoughts on the matter.  It should be the last thing on my most recent post on it.

Urk my brain is trying to shut down, but I'll try to do my best in this post.

origamiscienceguy, where are you?  You're usually THE most active poster in any game you play, and now you're disappeared.  Wub is up with you?

Tea: Please explain your vote on TDS.

roo: Do remember that TDS replaced in partway through the day, and take post number into account when making accusations like that.

TheDarkStar: What do you think of roo's accusations?

Dani: Wherefore art thou?

Dorsidwarf: You have yet to respond to roo's accusations.  Wherefore art thou?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21