Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34847 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - 50 Shades of twist-ties.
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2015, 05:10:05 pm »

Tea why do you think osg is town? or rather why player over osg?

On much brighter news The night kill is good for us Perseus wasn't really doing anything except lurking. Which makes me wonder about 4mask, but i quickly put that thought to bed because 4mask would have picked imho someone who was active and was probably left alive because of misguided ideas/reads/or what have you. Long story short I think one of the mafia is a newer player or someone who has been found out/ caught by Perseus13 and respects him enough to kill him.

It doesn't help that almost everybody wasn't voting. I don't think darkstar even posted. I have this crazy out there theory that dani and Dorsi might be scum. but idk am really comfortable with what dani has said so far don't lik that they chose not to extend.

osg and tea is another potential team I have in mind. mainly because of tea attacking Dorsi.

So I have 4mask as a definite town read. Am doubting the 4 i mentioned dani, Dorsi, tea, and osg; I like that tea and Dorsi were voting for somebody . No relevant reads on tds his predecessor was meh but what can you do. As far as the associations they are based on what's happened so far. and are my personal thoughts and are subject to change at anytime. I think osg and tea is the far more likely one tho. why not osg and Dorsi? I doubt highly that bussing is a sound strategy for scum. So yeah it might be dangerous making those assumptions but they are mine to make. I'll go look over what Perseus was thinking.
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2015, 05:37:43 pm »

Earlier quote regarding his responses to my questioning him about the rolefishing/filler questions/his initial responses to Dorsidwaf:
I actually kinda like OSG's responses in here so far as he doesn't seem at all defensive and I generally get the sense that he believes what he's saying.

And I mean, you can see my kinda stream of consciousness posting in the thread. I had just woken up, was like "oh my god fuck you guys for not showing up and extending DL, ooh I have 10 minutes to catch up on the thread and make a decision." While ideally I'd like to lynch scummy people over people who don't post, I didn't feel OSG was particularly scummy, had no confidence that Playergamer would suddenly get more active (and that even if we did get him replaced, would the replacement even post...? signs point to no) so I decided to vote off the dead weight and hope for the best as it seems fuckin stupid to vote someone off because they are posting??

Roo:
1) For the love of god, did you go read the first post and get a handle on the setup like I asked yet? Once you do, please let me know how that has that changed your perspective on relevant earlier conversations! This is the third time I've asked. :|
2) You seem much less confident about OSG being town. What different things are you seeing?
3) Why do you think 4mask had misguided ideas or reads when all he posted was theory? <_< What ideas do you think scum thought were misguided?
4) Why was my questioning of Dorsidwaf (which was in like, a post?) more significant than my questioning of other players (TheDarkStar's predecessor, you, OSG) to the point that you think it connects me to Dorsid?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2015, 05:43:39 pm »

Oh and also, roo, why didn't you vote for a day extension?

Dani and 4mask, I'm pretty mad that you dropped the ball on that too. @Dani- are you actually content w/ the information we got from yesterDay and the nightkill?

Hey mod, is Dark Star actually even gonna play?

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2015, 05:50:39 pm »

Roo:
4) Why was my questioning of Dorsidwaf (which was in like, a post?) more significant than my questioning of other players (TheDarkStar's predecessor, you, OSG) to the point that you think it connects me to Dorsid?
Now realizing I kinda misread your post and that you think me/OrigamiScienceGuy is more likely than me/Dorsidwaf. I'd rather now ask you to expand on why OSG/me is the most likely scumpair out of anyone in the game?

I guess I find it particularly irritating since the pool of people posting content is so small that it doesn't seem like analysis of pairs is going to be useful? But it feels like you're not taking into account everything I've posted, either.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2015, 06:07:30 pm »

On much brighter news The night kill is good for us Perseus wasn't really doing anything except lurking. Which makes me wonder about 4mask, but i quickly put that thought to bed because 4mask would have picked imho someone who was active and was probably left alive because of misguided ideas/reads/or what have you. Long story short I think one of the mafia is a newer player or someone who has been found out/ caught by Perseus13 and respects him enough to kill him.

It doesn't help that almost everybody wasn't voting. I don't think darkstar even posted. I have this crazy out there theory that dani and Dorsi might be scum. but idk am really comfortable with what dani has said so far don't lik that they chose not to extend.

osg and tea is another potential team I have in mind. mainly because of tea attacking Dorsi.

So I have 4mask as a definite town read. Am doubting the 4 i mentioned dani, Dorsi, tea, and osg; I like that tea and Dorsi were voting for somebody . No relevant reads on tds his predecessor was meh but what can you do. As far as the associations they are based on what's happened so far. and are my personal thoughts and are subject to change at anytime. I think osg and tea is the far more likely one tho. why not osg and Dorsi? I doubt highly that bussing is a sound strategy for scum. So yeah it might be dangerous making those assumptions but they are mine to make. I'll go look over what Perseus was thinking.
Who is this Perseus guy you keep referring too?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2015, 07:02:42 pm »

Alright everyone, D2 has now begun.  This is when mafia games begin to get interesting, and accusations with real weight can be thrown out.  There are now one or two deaths available for viewing, the lynch and potentially a mafiakill (I'm writing this during the night so I don't know for sure).  The lynch is perhaps the best thing to analyze: who voted for the deceased, why, and with what reasoning.  This can lend some small insights into the players who were involved.  The mafiakill is much trickier and more unreliable to analyze: the death could have happened for all kinds of reasons.  To list a few possible rationales: the player was getting too close to finding the scum, the player was an easy target who wouldn't raise suspicion, the death of the player would frame someone else, or the player was deemed to be a potential threat in the future.  In the end, we as town don't know why the scum made the kill that they did, and in general analyzing it is a waste of time.

Remember, however, that while analyzing the lynch is all well and good it isn't the sole source of information the town has at its disposal.  If possible, read back over D1: what catches your eye in both good and bad ways.  If you find that a person is consistently feeling scummy to you, call them on it.  Quote or link every post and discuss what makes you feel uneasy.  Vote them.  Don't hold back.  See how they respond and see how others respond.  Remember that mafia is a game of personal opinion and ideas, so don't shy away if some others don't agree with you.  However, be careful not to tunnel so much into the person that you lose track of everyone else.

Alright, time for an apology.  I wanted to post and vote on Friday, when the day ended, but I was physically unable to due to being at home ill and discovering that the internet on my ipad is only online from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm PST, and the already-known-by-me fact that the computer blocks Bay12 (my parents are over-paranoid about my schoolwork getting done).  But still, I must apologize for not being able to be around (for reference, the day ended somewhere around noon my time, I can't say the exact time because I'm on a bus and can't check).

Now time to read back over the thread at some point and figure stuff out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2015, 07:06:24 pm »

I'm here now. I got the PM at the end of Day 1, but I was asleep/away from home and wasn't able to post.

A few things I've noticed:

Tea decided to lynch playergamer at the very end of the day. There was no way that playergamer could have defended himself. Tea: Why did you choose to lynch playergamer over OSG? roo: Same question as the one to Tea.

Tea: Why did your vote on Illgeo for inactivity stay on him after he was replaced?

Everyone: Why didn't you extend yesterday?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »

I already answered this: I could see everything you were saying, because for some reason the "blanket internet blocker" that activates for most of the day for my iPad allows me to get emails, so I could get the gist of what was going on due to notifications.  However, I was entirely unable to actually post anything, even though the conversation was flowing.  I was also hesitant to extend over the weekend because that is a near-certain killer of activity: see my rant in the Mafia Theory thread on the matter.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2015, 07:16:13 pm »

Earlier quote regarding his responses to my questioning him about the rolefishing/filler questions/his initial responses to Dorsidwaf:
I actually kinda like OSG's responses in here so far as he doesn't seem at all defensive and I generally get the sense that he believes what he's saying.

And I mean, you can see my kinda stream of consciousness posting in the thread. I had just woken up, was like "oh my god fuck you guys for not showing up and extending DL, ooh I have 10 minutes to catch up on the thread and make a decision." While ideally I'd like to lynch scummy people over people who don't post, I didn't feel OSG was particularly scummy, had no confidence that Playergamer would suddenly get more active (and that even if we did get him replaced, would the replacement even post...? signs point to no) so I decided to vote off the dead weight and hope for the best as it seems fuckin stupid to vote someone off because they are posting??

Roo:
1) For the love of god, did you go read the first post and get a handle on the setup like I asked yet? Once you do, please let me know how that has that changed your perspective on relevant earlier conversations! This is the third time I've asked. :|
2) You seem much less confident about OSG being town. What different things are you seeing?
3) Why do you think 4mask had misguided ideas or reads when all he posted was theory? <_< What ideas do you think scum thought were misguided?

1.) Yes, but it didn't really change anything for me. Like nothing changed at all in terms of reads. it's one of three setups trying which is relevant if you're trying to find a game breaking strategy. And also relevant if you're trying to find some prs. Are you trying to find prs? Why so interested in the setup? And why did you think it might change my reads?
2.)Osg not voting. Tea defending osg by attacking Dorsi.
3.) I said it was a possibility. Not that I was certain. I posted that in response to the NK and my first initial reactions to it. I still have to reread.
4.) Are you saying I shouldn't ask those questions, You are confused why I am "singling" you out (even tho I don't think that is what I am doing), or that their is no basis for my questions?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2015, 07:17:54 pm »

Oh and also, roo, why didn't you vote for a day extension?

Dani and 4mask, I'm pretty mad that you dropped the ball on that too. @Dani- are you actually content w/ the information we got from yesterDay and the nightkill?

I did vote for one.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2015, 07:21:43 pm »

Roo:
Now realizing I kinda misread your post and that you think me/OrigamiScienceGuy is more likely than me/Dorsidwaf. I'd rather now ask you to expand on why OSG/me is the most likely scumpair out of anyone in the game?

I guess I find it particularly irritating since the pool of people posting content is so small that it doesn't seem like analysis of pairs is going to be useful? But it feels like you're not taking into account everything I've posted, either.

The second part. I am not taking everything into account. I am biased and will pick out what I deem relevant. And I already mentioned that I know associative tells preflips are unappealing, but that they're mine to make. And mostly your questions to Dorsi seemed much more aggressive when you never mentioned him at all as you pointed out. He was attacking osg and it felt like you were defending osg. So osg falls in my town ladder because of you.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2015, 07:33:18 pm »

I'm here now. I got the PM at the end of Day 1, but I was asleep/away from home and wasn't able to post.

A few things I've noticed:

Tea decided to lynch playergamer at the very end of the day. There was no way that playergamer could have defended himself. Tea: Why did you choose to lynch playergamer over OSG? roo: Same question as the one to Tea.

Tea: Why did your vote on Illgeo for inactivity stay on him after he was replaced?

Hmmmm not sure what to make of this as far as opening posts for a replacement seems a bit underwhelming no offense. Would rather have known where you stand on everyone tbh. Any initial reads? Or not giving anything away? If so why not?

Your question: It was a rather tactical reason actually. Dorsi was contributing player wasn't. I would rather have Dorsi over Playergamer. I feel for him that he has internet problems I do, but I wanna enjoy the game. Does that make me a bastard? If so I can live with it. I am actually very unsure about DD this day than I was last day. my mind was telling me to vote for player my gut for Dorsi, So I think I made the right choice. Did I think Playergamer was scum not entirely did I think Dorsi was scum not completely. Town prevented a potential lurker being mislynched endgame and scum got rid of deadweight for town. And Tea voting for player gamer actually makes me want to put him in my town pile but a couple things are preventing that.

tds on what you've read who do you think needs to feel the heat?
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:40 pm »

roo: You seem to be remarkably keen on declaring one person at a time to be solid town.  Pretty much every time I've seen your reads at least one person is marked as town, even the one you made early on in the game.  What, specifically, draws you to a town read on me?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2015, 08:05:52 pm »

roo: You seem to be remarkably keen on declaring one person at a time to be solid town.  Pretty much every time I've seen your reads at least one person is marked as town, even the one you made early on in the game.  What, specifically, draws you to a town read on me?

Every game? Is the fact that I'm calling you town this game the significant difference and so are curious?

I think I need to trust someone. And it helps me immensely if I do not need to worry about one person and look to them for advice on reads. Perseus dying makes me think you're next to die. Mafia killed an IC makes sense they'll kill the next one off. If you remain alive next day my read might change. You are only town in my eyes as long as I deem you town. It is subject to change like any read. On that note what are your reads 4mask?
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2015, 08:51:38 pm »

I was referring to this specific game, I haven't seen enough of you in other games to make generalizations.

I'll get to reads eventually, still processing the game so far.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21