Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34793 times)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2015, 02:41:27 pm »

That's p abstract as i doubt you'd have been having the same argument in that case. Prob wasn't pro-roo's wincon to get into it with you on D3 at least. The only question I thought was important that you were asking about was the one I followed up on so idk? I thought you and Dorsid were focusing on the wrong stuff when trying to read roo (the motivation for roo not answering stuff seemed obstinate town rather than scummy, as opposed to Dark Star.)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2015, 02:45:56 pm »

I'm not sure what you meant by a acceptable though so I'm not sure I answered that sufficiently.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2015, 05:13:12 pm »

Blankly refusing to answer questions is rarely a good thing for town or scum. Several of my questions to roo were asking him to justify a bunch of seemingly random accusations he'd made about me, and I'd have been perfectly able to use his refusal to back them up to leave my vote on him on day 2 if I hadn't gotten caught up in trying to be clever.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2015, 10:07:59 pm »

Asmoth, where you slipped up was aggressively poking the cop claim when there were no counterclaims and no jailkeeper claims.  There was no reason to disbelieve the cop claim, so it was fairly easy to see who the scum was at that point, particularly since you voted first and he voted you afterwards.

It would have been very difficult to slip out of that situation regardless, so it's not really your fault, but yeah...

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2015, 02:15:15 pm »

Will there be another beginner game soon? I'm afraid people will like want to lynch me for my playstyle if I branch out

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2015, 02:38:07 pm »

There might be a bit of an activity lull right now until all these poor bastards still in school get done with finals. 

As far as playstyle is concerned ... I can't really speak for everyone, but my main rule for mafia, regardless of playstyle, is to have solid reasoning behind what you do.  Lynch vote on a player?  This is why I'm voting him/her.  Protected that person?  This is why.  Whether town, scum, or other just don't get caught with your pants down when someone questions you as to why you did something. 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]