Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34817 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - D2 - Loafing around.
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2015, 05:11:13 pm »

EBWOP:
Due to time differences between forum time and UK time, I misjudged the last time OSG was on. He was last active at 5:00:52 PM, or about 10 minutes before my post. That's a pretty good example of lurking, I think.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2015, 05:13:02 pm »

TDS:Why does tying the lynch (especially with another 3 day mod extension) make him so scummy? Or is the operative phrase "with no explanation"?. I haven't heard anything much from you, especially not suspiscion on a Tea-Roo scumteam. Why does Tea voting OSG make you think they're allied?

I remembered seeing that the day was supposed to end today. After posting, I saw the post about the extend. If the day was actually ending around now, I'd be very suspicious, but I'm just mildly suspicious because of the lack of a reason for that vote.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2015, 06:24:46 pm »

Tea:Why are you voting OSG? I'm noticing a really annoying trend of people just voting without explanation this game.
OSG: Feel like playing anytime in the next millenium?
  You last logged in a few hours ago. Why are you pretending to be away? Lurking when people have asked you questions and are  expecting you could be considered rude. And scummy.
TDS:Why does tying the lynch (especially with another 3 day mod extension) make him so scummy? Or is the operative phrase "with no explanation"?. I haven't heard anything much from you, especially not suspiscion on a Tea-Roo scumteam. Why does Tea voting OSG make you think they're allied?
Roo: Try playing bay12 forum mafia here, instead of Town Of Salem.
Dorsi, enlighten me. I don't know what you are trying to say; if anything. Are you attempting to inlaid are what I'm saying? I you need advice on doing that I suggest actually responding to the questions in my post. Or perhaps explaining why what I said is not logical from a town perspective. Or maybe anything besides a one liner that has not relevant meaning. 
Or not it's cool.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2015, 07:18:57 pm »

Tea:Why are you voting OSG? I'm noticing a really annoying trend of people just voting without explanation this game.
OSG: Feel like playing anytime in the next millenium?
  You last logged in a few hours ago. Why are you pretending to be away? Lurking when people have asked you questions and are  expecting you could be considered rude. And scummy.
Roo: Try playing bay12 forum mafia here, instead of Town Of Salem.
Dorsi, enlighten me. I don't know what you are trying to say; if anything. Are you attempting to inlaid are what I'm saying? I you need advice on doing that I suggest actually responding to the questions in my post. Or perhaps explaining why what I said is not logical from a town perspective. Or maybe anything besides a one liner that has not relevant meaning.

The one liner is, frankly, to sum up in (()) since it is not related to this particular game of mafia,
((I'm suggesting you play Bay12 Mafia, a game of paranoia, intrigue, logic and subterfuge, in which the goal is to discern who the scum are by logical reasoning, deductions, and occasional rapid-fire pressuring attacks to attempt to 'break' people, as well as a whole suite of tactics, tells, and strategies individual players have developed.
You, on the other hand, seem to be playing Town Of Salem, in which the primary method is to scream the loudest that whoever you like least should be lynched, every player is interested in himself and his survival only and cannot comprehend the idea of a 'differing viewpoint', and which relies on power roles to get anything useful done other than pass the time in chat. My apologies to the moderator if this goes outside the realms of civility, but it really is grating how you amble about, flip-flopping like an (il)logic gate, voting at random, and justifying your votes soley after the fact.

Oh, and I doubt whichever your native language is (No offense intended ) writes entirely in half-capitalised unindented ten-line blocks of text with text elements rammed together at random, either, so some effort would at least be appreciated. ))

To answer the unadressed unmarked questions jammed into the last few sentences of your latest post:
(Or what I assume are questions addressed to me, as there's really no way of telling which are rhetorical and intended to persuade a reader, and which are actually aimed in my direction.
It begs the question why not vote for me yesterday?                            <- Because, as already stated, you were acting less suspisciously that OSG yesterday, despite your reciprocation to his defenses.
 Or the beginning of today?                  I fail to comprehend the point of asking the question: "Why didn't you vote me before I became suspiscious enough to warrant a vote, for explanation or otherwise?"
 Which of my posts are erratic and what posts don't make any sense whatsoever? See addenendum for a list of suspiscious/confusing/erratic posts I highlighted in a five-minute sweep
One thing I do know for certain Dorsi needs more votes. It should be clear to anyone my "omgus" vote on Dorsi was a direct response to his vote on me. Dorsi voted me for wanting to extend the day. I thought that was definitely worth of pursuit and voted back. This is not only a misrepresentation, but also an appeal to emotion "He NEEDS you to vote him for nebulous reasons which I will now proceed to lie about!"

Addendendum of roo-being-confusing-erratic-and-more
FTR tho am not in favor of the aforementioned cop play. It does not make any sense here. unless tea is crumbling cop should probably keep that to myself. Thoughts on this anyone?

I also like origami as town this game gut mostly. I'm sure he'll make a post that screams town I'll quote it and show it to all.
I am not entirely convinced it is that. The rqs is scum favored and the inability of some to post and apathy of others gets town in trouble a lot. Meta is just how people play the game. I do think some are too forgiving or not paranoid enough. And some don't take this seriously. Which incidentally I have started doing. being aggressive and competitive is definitely not the meta. If you have a problem with the mets then you by extension have a problem with the people playing; What do you wanna see change?
You say "agressive and competitive is not the meta" in such a way that implies those are negative traits, and yet consistently play a hyper-agressive playstyle.
I meant: I believe tea might be breadcrumbing that he is cop; I probably should not have said that.
I know you already had a discussion about this topic, but as you say,
"some are too forgiving or not paranoid enough
, and I don't feel like letting that one slide under the circumstances just because you already excused yourself over it.
I'm hesitant to say any alignment indicative posts about lurkers. I mean there could be a ton of reasons why someone isn't posting. I don't wanna associate both minorities that would just be fallacious.
But then...
@doris I mentioned player lurking in one of my posts, and explained why I think origami did what he did and why it makes him town in my eyes.
*snip*
#Playergamer. Although tbh I'd rather vote for Doris. I think potentially more associative reads can come from him. but I'd rather not give player a free pass if he's lurking scum. (sorry about internet problems player).
2.)Osg not voting. Tea defending osg by attacking Dorsi.
NB: This never happened, as far as I can see. Also, a flip from "Dors is total scum only lynching PG because lurker" to "Tea is defending OSG by questioning my top scumpick! He's suspiscious!"
And Tea voting for player gamer actually makes me want to put him in my town pile but a couple things are preventing that.

tds on what you've read who do you think needs to feel the heat?
And then immediately saying that wait no she's one of your towniest people you're almost certain of her towniness.
Then proceed to ask another player for a target to aim at (Because he can't scumhunt his own, because he's scum)

I think I need to trust someone. And it helps me immensely if I do not need to worry about one person and look to them for advice on reads. Perseus dying makes me think you're next to die. Mafia killed an IC makes sense they'll kill the next one off. If you remain alive next day my read might change. You are only town in my eyes as long as I deem you town. It is subject to change like any read.
What was that quote again?
"some are too forgiving or not paranoid enough
Again, erraticness and refusal to stick to any one principle/lying about principles when asked.

Only two people are playing, while 4 mask theorizes.
Some sort of generalised complaint, after 4mask says he's too busy to post, and that you'll have to wait till monday. At the weekend, on a sunday, expecting rapid participation from others.

And, last of all,
TheDarkStar
I think this is the right course of action.

extend
Voting someone because it's "the right course of action"  (super scummy/weird)

Extending less than a day into the Day (weird)

Everything after that is the current debate between us.
If you look back at that back-catalogue (more than half your posts, as far as I can determine) and still claim to not know why I've been calling you erratic, then you really aren't being honest with yourself.

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2015, 07:56:24 pm »

what is that saying when it rains it pours? Yeah I'm sure you meant no offense calling me an idiot [/sarcasm]. Laying the subtext pretty heavy aren't you? Well bay12 mafia sounds like a great place to play. To bad this or any recent game and I'm even more certain past game are anything like your glorified description. I have no qualms over screaming the loudest to get people who have no particular interest in playing to do something.

1.) Quote the post where you stated that You were less suspicious of me than osg.
2.) Are you saying me asking for an extension was the straw that broke the camels back?
3.) How is it a misrepresentation?

The addendum thing.
As far as I can tell is dorsi Being confused at my posts. Oh well. I suggest Dorsi you rethink your definition of "Bay12 mafia". Oh and quoting me a bunch of times and commenting on them does not convince me or I would hope anyone of your claims of "erratic behavior". Next try explaining why they are erratic.

1.) I say something is negative and play in a way I think will foster more competition and aggression. Why on earth would I do something that I view as inferior?
2.) Alright let's talk about it. I'm right here.
3.) You should read more closely. I said I am voting him because he might be lurking scum. Not because he is lurking and therefore scum. I discussed this as well in some other posts I'd rather have someone who is active over someone who is lurking.
4.) You can indeed tell it is a 5 minute sweep and are just cherry picking I sad aggressive might be to harsh. in another post. Now me calling tea town is just reaching it clearly says I am not putting tea in my town pile.
5.) lolhuh? I lied? where did I lie?
6.) how is me complaining erratic behavior?
7.)how is me voting the person who definitely needs pressure weird/scummy?
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2015, 09:48:26 pm »

roo: for your number seven, voting for someone with no given reason (and 'it's the right course of action' is not a valid reason) doesn't aid the town very much at all. What's your definition of Bay12 Mafia, since you seem to disagree with Dorsi's?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2015, 10:12:00 pm »

roo: for your number seven, voting for someone with no given reason (and 'it's the right course of action' is not a valid reason) doesn't aid the town very much at all. What's your definition of Bay12 Mafia, since you seem to disagree with Dorsi's?
First part noted. The question is not relevant. If you want to quibble ask me post game.
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2015, 10:26:08 pm »

I don't want to quibble. I want to know what you think Bay12's mafia is like and why Dorsi is wrong about it.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2015, 10:27:47 pm »

I don't want to quibble. I want to know what you think Bay12's mafia is like and why Dorsi is wrong about it.
Good, then you won't have a problem waiting and asking me post game.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2015, 10:42:16 pm »

I'm sorry for my inactivity everyone. Grades are due on tuesday and I need to make up a bunch of stuff.

Request Replacement

I'll keep on playing until one is found.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2015, 12:08:53 am »

darkstar

Come at me bro

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2015, 12:14:15 am »

hey 4mask do you still think osg is scummy

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2015, 01:01:07 am »

PFP still

origamiscienceguy

Good job tying a lynch at the end of the day with no explanation, Tea. I'd be surprised if you and roo weren't scumbuddies right now.

Why did you think the OSG vote was good?
If you're going to be that condescending, try reading the thread first, scumfuck.

I saw the DL soon mod post, threw my vote on OSG as I'd rather he was lynched than roo. I then checked to see when deadline was in my timezone so I knew when to check back to see if I'd have to switch to too, saw the extension, and then left it as a pressure vote.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2015, 08:03:44 am »

Tea,, if your vote on OSG was a pressure vote (in spite of you not having any questions you were pressuring him into answering), what's the logic behind your vote on TDS?

Good, then you won't have a problem waiting and asking me post game.
Unfortunately, yes I will have a problem with that, because your opinion on how mafia should be played here informs on why you do certain things. The fact that you've refused to answer me twice at this point just leads me to believe you were dismissing Dorsi for the sake of being contrary.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2015, 10:00:19 am »

hey 4mask do you still think osg is scummy
I vooted him to get him in the game.

darkstar

Come at me bro
Tea and roo: please start explaining your votes in the same post that you make them, unless there is a VERY good reason not to.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21