Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160344 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1080 on: September 21, 2015, 05:53:38 pm »

Monster Hunter Cross lookin really neat!

I get the feeling I'll be into MH4U though, as I really enjoy the guild quests and relics, the weirdo I am.

We'll see how it plays out though.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 21, 2015, 06:30:13 pm »

I wouldn't expect MHX to come out in the west until 2017 at the earliest. A 2016 release date would be amazing on multiple levels.

I got into this game through LP's by Wethamster. Watching the first game and then going through to the later ones they really have improved on so many things over the years. The greatsword didn't even have a charge mechanic in the first game. When I saw MH4U, after MH3U being my first game, I was blown away by the improvements. All the stuff I'm seeing in MHX though? That's just insane. My only hope is that all the new stuff you can do doesn't make the game too easy. Mounting in 4U already made it easier than in previous games. If you guys haven't seen Gaijin Hunter's videos yet either do watch them or don't watch because you'll be sad that you won't be able to play it for a long time unless you get a japanese 3ds.

I wonder though, what will they do with MH4U's expeditions? I liked the free hunt mode in 3u, and 4u was sort of a step forward and a step back (in my opinion) but I feel they could take the idea further. If they made the level generation a bit more random with room 'pieces' making each room unique instead of having pre-fab rooms it would be a great improvement. I also didn't really like the maps in 4u for the most part, so it's good that they're bringing back some older maps and improving them with ledges to jump off of.

They're also bringing back some great monsters that disappeared in 4u, like Lagiacrus, Agnaktor, Nibelsnarf, and Uragaan (apparently lots of people like Nargacuga but I only fought him a few times myself).

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 21, 2015, 08:52:12 pm »

I sure do hope they'll do a good job in terms of game balance. It certainly looks like they have the right idea, though, as monsters have a much higher mounting threshold in MHX, meaning aerial style won't be the end-all be-all, and the focus won't be on mounts so much as it is on just dealing damage.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 21, 2015, 09:35:05 pm »

As long as they get rid of the random stats on relics, I'd be happy.

I don't mind grinding everything else, but the relics are so stupid especially considering how unbelievably difficult it gets to farm a good relic. I remember some dude used cheats to gen 20,000 relic weapons and the best he managed to create was only a handful of perfect stats. That's insane.

Also Apex monsters can fuck right off. Frenzy can stay though, frenzy is cool. Apex is total bullshit.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 21, 2015, 09:46:59 pm »

The thing I did like about relics was how they had different colors and shapes. Being able to, say, forge your own custom weapons and armor would be awesome.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 22, 2015, 04:40:14 am »

More customization options or multiple appearances for armour sets would be nice if not 100% custom.

Same goes for monsters. Some variety, like slight changes in pigmentation  (i.e. slightly darker diablos) or different scar patterns. Knowing MH this could all tie into drop rates or monster behaviour patterns. Like the rathalos with a darker face uses more fire attacks.

Also, the return of the pet system, perhaps as rare capture or quest rewards would be nice. I don't know how it worked before though.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 23, 2015, 07:32:45 am »

Also Apex monsters can fuck right off. Frenzy can stay though, frenzy is cool. Apex is total bullshit.
100% in agreement. Apex monsters turn MH into a game of cat and mouse where you run around like an idiot for 5 minutes until your magical stone recharges and you can actually attack for about 30 seconds.

Honestly, the sharpness/weapon bouncing system kind of pisses me off a little in general. Early game it's not a big deal, but when you get to late game it's like, "Well, I would use this weapon because I like it, but it doesn't have purple sharpness so NOPE."

Kind of undermines the idea of "play the way you want" when you have a small number of options for an endgame weapon or are forced to get sharpness+1 unless you want your DPS to suffer.

But that's just me ranting.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 23, 2015, 07:36:46 am »

Having recently gotten MH4U and been enjoying the hell out of it, I shall PTW this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 23, 2015, 06:51:41 pm »

If you ever want to do gathering hall quests ping me or something. I haven't palyed for a long while but kinda wanna get back into it. I probably won't be home except past 9-10-ish PM EST though.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 23, 2015, 08:58:07 pm »

I'll be trying to get online with this jawn tomorrow night and through the weekend. Been a while since I played, as well. Gonna pull up my stuff and see what I got going on real quick...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of this was done alone. 331:31 playtime. I've hit the confidence wall where I'm not too sure if I can push into the next HR alone, but I've done all available Caravan missions to this point. Nervous about fighting a Silver or Gold even though I've killed them in the Caravan 10 quests. I think there's a Savage Deviljo too. I've completed all quests up to I think the 7 Star quests, whichever one has the Khezu/Red Khezu quest, and once again have that confidence wall looking down my eyeballs, though it really probably isn't as bad as I fear it'll be. I just hate eating up so much of my time to get triple carted by something. All it takes is one wall riding or shitty combo (or anything that bitch Gold Rathian does, was so happy when I killed her) and I am an unhappy hunter.

I wish my DS could connect to the xfinity hotspot near me, but it needs to connect in browser to sign into it, and the DS doesn't wanna cooperate. So I'll have to settle for playing online at my girlfriend's house.

And if anyone has any questions about my playstyle, the rest of my gear, strategies, and so forth, do feel free to ask. We're all on the same side in this one. We can't let these Japanese Nuclear Monsters harass us forever.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 23, 2015, 10:15:11 pm »

Wall riding?

If you use a ranged weapon, the Gold / Silver Raths become quite simple. I soloed the quest where you fight both of them with the HR crabgun (though if you roll around enough they like to shoot each other).

I started using only the chargeblade but in the endgame with all the Apex expeditions, I mainly only use guns. I find trying to melee the super endgame monsters an extremely tedious affair.

Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT_c7q0zJ0c

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 23, 2015, 10:26:56 pm »

Since I've hunted mostly alone, a lot of my terminology is probably unique in some way. I did pick up carting from this thread though. My term was a little more vulgar.

Wall riding is when something charges along the (usually) invisible wall for an area. Usually gets me when I dive out of the way and an indent in the map pushes the charger back on course to run right into my anus as I recover. Alternately, what Ispil posted could fall into that category, though once more that specific occurrence was christened with a very vulgar, highly explosive phrase that I don't think I can repeat on a forum that may (is) being monitored by the government.

And that video has me dying. The best humor is that which is derived from pain. And there's so much pain there. That sweeping tail flip is literally the only problem I had with her. And she knew it. I could farm the silver for days, but beating her once was enough for me. Until I need to do it again.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 23, 2015, 11:15:15 pm »

So, my first hunt in several months is HR molten tigrex. Fun times.

Good thing Ceadeed is OP as hell =D

I know what you mean about 'wall riding', more like wall sliding, hehe.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 24, 2015, 10:14:10 am »

Ugh, I still need to get an actually decent set of armor. Still using G-rank Regios. It works, but there are better things for me.
I swear by G-Rank Regios, personally. Managed to get gem it so that I get both Constitution+2 and Guard+2, making it one of the most amazing Charge Blade sets for guard pointing ever, not to mention great for survival in most situations. With Constitution+2 and Guard+2 both lowering stamina costs, and Guard+2 also lowering chip damage, you can pretty much hold shield in a corner and take a flurry of attacks without breaking a sweat. I love it.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 24, 2015, 11:04:20 am »

I've never been G-rank before. But MH4U has been a lot of firsts for me: first solo Rajang, first Fatty ever, first time I didn't even bother with DS or GL. Tried them both but I just like how the LS plays so much. It fits my style very well. I'm like a scorpion, by which I mean I focus on quick strikes and glow under blacklight.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 95