Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 159889 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Generations is out!
« Reply #1410 on: December 11, 2017, 04:54:05 pm »

Spent a while longer messing around exploring/not killing things.

You have a net you can throw at things, which seems to be used to capture all the small non-aggressive wildlife you find everywhere. Doing so tells you their name and description and earns you "points" but I'm not sure what that's supposed to accomplish. Still pretty cool!

It's possible to hook a rope onto the mid-sized flying critters (forget what they're called) and have them fly you around.

Fishing is still in and much the same as always. Fishing spots don't show up on the map, but bodies of water do, and any that are deep enough and have fish swimming around work fine. I caught some kind of giant whetfish, which required a button-mashing minigame.

And also your palicos can tame the wildlife.
Tame them and ride them around!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 11, 2017, 04:56:08 pm »

Fishing is still in and much the same as always. Fishing spots don't show up on the map, but bodies of water do, and any that are deep enough and have fish swimming around work fine. I caught some kind of giant whetfish, which required a button-mashing minigame.
I was quite impressed by how high res the models for the fish were.

I mean... I kinda got used to them being mere shadows.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 11, 2017, 06:34:02 pm »

Why did World not get it's own thread? I completely missed the first 2 days of beta >_<
I would make one but everything I have to go off of is second hand stuff, but I suppose I could vomit out a topic just for the sake of having an updated topic title.
Here you go
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]