Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160340 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1095 on: September 24, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »

I use a bunch of weapons. Mostly Dual Blades and Hammers, but I've also used Longswords and Charge Blades.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 24, 2015, 06:04:36 pm »

My current evade lance set is Regios X. My first weapon was lance (in 3U) and I didn't even know about evade lancing until a while into playing 4U, so my lance style is centered around guard/counter lancing for the most part. What narga/kushala set were you thinking of using?

I'd say my "main" weapon now is switchaxe since I started playing multiplayer (I decided I'd start using a new weapon and my choises were SA or hammer, and coin toss favored SA) and as long as I have evasion +2 and evade distance I think I do pretty well. I've dabbled in greatsword and longsword and want to use hunting horn more, but I eventually want to try gunner stuff. I just don't like the idea of doing less and less damage as the hunt goes on (Ammo/coating).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 24, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »

Evade lancing is new to 4 because Evade +3 didn't exist in the past IIRC.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 25, 2015, 02:03:31 am »

Evade lancing is not remotely new. It has been the best style of lancing since the series began, and until 3U-4ish had a tendency towards being one of the strongest playstyles that didn't involve abuse of some sort of gimmick.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 25, 2015, 02:14:04 am »

Well, it still existed. It just took more effort.
Significantly more. Now you basically have complete invincibility.

That being said I'm not a huge fan of the lance. I have a few sets of it both guarding and evading but I hate using it in MP simply because you get tripped 24/7. It sucks super ass for MP. And against Apex you might as well just give up and not bother moving at all. Even with evade extender you still can't keep up with the monsters flying all over the bloody place.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 04, 2015, 10:35:36 am »

Anyone down for hunts today? I'll be [SB]Treelo and be soloing online till anyone shows. Gathering hall pass will be 4012. Thats how this works right? Never made a gh myself before.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 04, 2015, 10:51:38 am »

You'll also need the gathering hall ID unless you have people on your friend's list.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 09, 2015, 03:07:21 pm »

More news for MHX
  • Gore Magala is in (frenzied monsters are not, the status is exclusive to Gore Magala)
  • Seregios is in
  • New Rathalos, Zinogre, and Arzuros variants.
  • Variants for other monsters, who knows how many.
  • Variants are not the same as subspecies. (Supposedly)
  • New 'special permit' quests that cost special tickets to go on. Depending on which monster is being fought determines how many tickets the quest costs. Earning tickets is done by either street pass or using Wycadamy points (Caravan/resource points).
  • Playable demo for those that have access to it (Japan, or probably if you have a Japanese 3DS) featuring Great Maccau, Hororohoruru, and Nargacuga. Also features every weapon in every style and Nyanta mode. It's coming Nov. 19th
And here's the opening cinematic for MHX.

Desire sensooorrr

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 09, 2015, 04:02:04 pm »

I've heard disturbing rumors that MHX might follow the MH4 trend - MH4 released in Japan, MH4U released in Japan, MH4U FINALLY released in the west... which would mean that MHXU (or whatever its follow-up version ends up being called) will probably only be released in the US around 2017.

Only rumors, yes, but still... rrrrrgggghhhh

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 09, 2015, 04:07:24 pm »

I'll just wait for the MHX UI English patch to come out a few days after release.

A friend of mine is going to hardcore trial and error the Japanese version though.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:43 pm »

I just had a thought a moment ago...

... what if MHX doesn't come out in the West, but instead we get a version released on Nintendo's upcoming console-ish thingy? I don't know much about it and I haven't been keeping up with the news, but if they're planning on releasing the NX next year then I don't think it'd be too far-fetched to think that Capcom would delay the western MHX release to coincide with the Nintendo NX release, perhaps even as a launch title.

This is just something that occured to me, I'm trying to do a bit of research on the NX now to see if we even know that it is yet, just felt like throwing that idea here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 19, 2015, 04:25:36 pm »

The signs seem to point that we're not getting this one.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 19, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

We might get a "Monster Hunter X Ultimate" or something like that, eventually.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 19, 2015, 06:23:49 pm »

I'll be surprised if we do get this specific game next year, but also very surprised if we never get any version of it at all.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1109 on: November 19, 2015, 09:23:26 pm »

I'd say a console release of a hypothetical MHXU is pretty unlikely, but not impossible.

Right now they're avoiding Wii U because it's not popular at all in japan, where 3DS is exceedingly so. If the NX miraculously turns it around, then it might happen.

Of course it may have already been agreed upon too, but that's rather difficult to predict with any degree of accuracy. :P
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 95