Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160334 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1065 on: June 07, 2015, 11:11:33 pm »

Yeah god damn that bleeding making me flinch like 20 times before I can do anything about it. I get that I'm bleeding when I spasm the first time, no need to do it again and send me on my ass. I can't count how many times that's been the reason the seregios has killed me (all of them, every time except my first encounter. That was just inexperience.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 07, 2015, 11:37:54 pm »

You can actually dodge out of the flinches. Spam the dodge button, that's what works for me. If you do it before the third you won't bleed.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 07, 2015, 11:53:35 pm »

Good luck dodging while you're paralyzed.

The bleeding attacks are actually not especially threatening given how the shards have to 'burst' to cause the effect, and as soon as you get hit you'll be spamming the dodge button anyways to avoid getting hit by the bursts. Unless you're paralyzed.

On a side note I've completed every caravan quest aside from Master's Test and every Gathering Hall quest aside from arena challenges and event quests. I just did the quests to upgrade the wyceum completely, so now I have pretty much every upgrade I can get that isn't an equipment upgrade. Just a few more G rank wycoon quests to go and that will be maxed out as well (So close to ceadeed axe)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:58:43 pm by OzyTheSage »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 08, 2015, 12:17:44 am »

I definitely agree with Cephalos being huge assholes. It's like, "hey you're fighting apex Seregios? why don't I fly over you through some magic bullshit and paralyze you so that Seregios can claw you and cause you to explode into blood and scales. see it's a perfect plan because seregios bleed attacks don't stagger so you'll still be paralyzed. also i can fly through the air because bullshit."

God I hate them.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 08, 2015, 12:27:38 am »

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself over that. It was pretty bad.

Why do Cephalos/drome even need to be in this game? IIRC Cephadrome is the target of literally like 3 quests in the whole game. Its armor is pretty trash, and its parts are mostly only used as secondary parts for other weapons.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 08, 2015, 12:40:55 am »

To piss people who just gotten into G-rank by throwing two of them at you and making it a mandatory quest.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 08, 2015, 09:40:58 am »

You can actually dodge out of the flinches. Spam the dodge button, that's what works for me. If you do it before the third you won't bleed.
Just a little note - you actually might still bleed even if you dodge out after the first hit; almost every single claw and projectile-based attack that Seregios uses, even his little low-to-the-ground slides, does in fact increase an invisible value which inflicts the status if it passes a certain threshold.

Think of it like a Dark Souls status ailment kind of thing, if you've played Dark Souls and you know what I'm talking about. The value does decrease over time, but if you get hit with enough light bleed attacks in quick succession you WILL start to bleed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 08, 2015, 03:19:48 pm »

I found that when I gun against Cephalos it actually becomes quite simple. It's kinda hard to explain why but it's like because you're always standing so far away, the Cephalos tends to either be above ground or be stationary with his fin sticking out.

I use a gun against almost all the GQ 140 monsters though. I find it more relaxing in general.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 11, 2015, 07:02:12 pm »

Lab Partners? Beat it twice, and it was cake both times. Once with pubbies, once with friends.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 12, 2015, 04:31:33 am »

I'd definitely go for Evasion+1 and Biology instead. Ev+1 lets you evade almost all of the Rathalos' attacks and Bio means you don't have to roll 3x or use a deodorant if the Brachy touches you or you walk into a puddle of slime. Evade Extender also helps if you want to evade the explosions.
In general though, the first skill I get when fighting a Brachy is some for of Bio. Anything else is a bonus.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 03, 2015, 08:34:37 pm »

Finally...the G rank silver rathalos quest got released.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 03, 2015, 10:02:30 pm »

And Gold Rathian on the episodic quest.

She's a lot easier than I remember, but maybe that's because I tried thunder LBGing her.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 09, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 21, 2015, 04:37:34 pm »

More Monster Hunter Cross footage, with gameplay
Release is November 28, for Japan.