Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119975 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude
« Reply #555 on: November 12, 2015, 02:46:09 am »

Arwen:
"Well, you're in luck. Buckman's has the best blades in Greenest; I outfitted the entire town guard myself. I've got a lot of orders coming in, but I might just be able to slip you in. What can I get you? I've got hurlbats, ransuers, bardiches- if you can name it, we can make it. 'Course, you'll have to settle for one of my apprentices' pieces. Lot's of people want weapons and need tools to rebuild, so I can't make every sword by hand anymore. They'll see your foe in the ground if your arm is strong, but they're no match for my own work," the smith boasts, eyeing the heavy pouch hanging from Arwen's belt. "If you wield a genuine Buckman blade, you'll never want to go back. I can even reforge your blade while you lease one of mine, for a test run, see how it fits in your hand. Interested? 'Course you are. Now, what'll it be?"
In the open-air smithy, Arwen can see a bunch of shields hanging on racks, ranging from small wooden bucklers to a large tower-shield.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 12, 2015, 06:02:38 am »

Adrik looks in the grave for undamaged robes, and any coinpurses.
Also weapons.  But mostly robes and coinpurses.
Really, though, who's expecting that to work?
Unless he finds whoever stole HIS money...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:25:10 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 12, 2015, 09:48:16 am »

Arwen thinks for a moment, the look to his pouch not unnoticed. "Alright. But treat her well. She's a good blade, and has saved my life many times over these past few days." He carefully hands over his sword, moving towards the shields, picking up a decent sized buckler. "This one feels nice..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude: Breakfast
« Reply #558 on: November 12, 2015, 10:49:26 am »

"...I, too, could use a better weapon than a hand-axe.  Alas.  Money I haven't."
Adrik's accent has changed again.  It sounds rather erudite.

Johanna noted the spell component pouch at Adriks waist-combined with the fact he was strapped for combat and wasn't wearing any armor-and deduced he was either a spellcaster, or a fraud. That he hadn't volunteered this information, she had to only guess...

"I can spot you some gold, though am I right in assuming you've got already got better weapons than pieces of sharp metal on sticks?" She said, a trifle sarcastically.

She turned back to converse with the Monk, involving him in the conversation as well.

"Also, that disguise trick isn't like to work a second time-anyone who is left is likely to know the people around them, and they'll probably be doing codewords and secret handshakes to really sniff out troublemakers. I figure, it might come down to a straight fight, if there's not too many left...Gods know I'm tired of all this skulking about...either way, it's a job we can do, surely. How many can be left anyway? They must killed at least two of three of them-I wouldn't expect there to be more than one group of cultists left, and they'd be depleted at that. Probably the Blacks, sure...that lady seemed to be taking charge...

Can we count you in, Mr. Stranger?"
She said pointedly to Adrik.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 12, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »

"True that, but I only have a few of those and a good warhammer will see you through many more skulls than any limited magic can.  At least nature has provided for my armor.

Aye.  I'm in."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:45:08 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 12, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

Action: Johanna spots Adrik any additional gold he needs for weapon+equipment purchases.

Also, take 2 hours and 50G to copy Thuderwave into my spellbook.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:04:58 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 12, 2015, 02:24:31 pm »

"True that, but I only have a few of those and a good warhammer will see you through many more skulls than any limited magic can.  At least nature has provided for my armor.

Aye.  I'm in."

" 'Spose so-always good to have a backup. I put my Arcane Focus on my hammer for about the same reason-it's good for casting spells and knocking tent pegs into the ground...or Kobolds, I suppose...though I rarely use it as such...

Anyway, what magic do you favor?

I'm partial to Illusions and Abjurations, myself...a bit against my type, eh?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 12, 2015, 02:53:21 pm »

"Not so much a school as an element.  I have rather the affinity for ice.  As you can imagine, I rather focused on combat spells, though I have some utility stuff.  Mending and all."
Adrik will track down anyone selling warhammers.  You know, the two-handed kind.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:05:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 12, 2015, 03:13:50 pm »

"Ice, huh? That should suffice." Johanna said absently. "When it comes to hearts desire, personally, I'd say I favor fire."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 12, 2015, 03:16:57 pm »

"I could swear you're not-quite-paraphrasing something..."
((Bronte?))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:31:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 12, 2015, 03:35:51 pm »

"I dunno what yer talking about, silly Elf-man.

Now, c'mon, we've got miles to go before, we get back to the keep..."
She said lightly, setting off to the market through the woods, on a road less traveled.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 12, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »

((With the ice sorcerer.  Nice one.))
"We're IN the keep..."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:39:09 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 12, 2015, 03:41:25 pm »

"But, we're gonna go around, and leave, and then come back, ain't we? I'm just two steps ahead of ya'. Thinking in four dimensional shapes. Gotta keep up, fella."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 12, 2015, 03:43:14 pm »

"And even on the most egregiously mis-scaled maps, this keep is near enough to the market.

Good job.

Though fourth-dimensional travel would shorten distances."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:47:12 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 12, 2015, 03:48:38 pm »

"Yer really not earning my charity. Also, we're gonna take a shortcut. We need to have enough time to talk, huh? One could say-metaphysically speaking, o' course-the walk will last just as long as our conversation will. Funny how things work out that way."

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94