Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119954 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude
« Reply #570 on: November 12, 2015, 03:52:35 pm »

"Aye, true.  Lead on, then."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 12, 2015, 03:56:06 pm »

"Anyways, you say you got 'dragon-bits, didn't ye?

How did that happen? I didn't think...you know...incompatibility issues and all...or is that something of an answer yer looking for? Ya said yer parents were dead..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 12, 2015, 04:04:26 pm »

Mirella, with everyone else having left to go about their business, departed as well.  Her destination was the town's blacksmith or armorer. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 12, 2015, 04:04:45 pm »

"I have heard that dragons may take human shape.  It seems to be a viable hypothesis. 
... Yes, they were dead before I knew them.  I never saw my father.  They tell me, those who were there, that my mother barely survived an attack of some sort.  Showed up at the gates bleeding out and in labor.  She died when I was born.  An entire caravan wiped out, from what she could tell them.
This is my only memento of her."

Adrik pulls out a chain from his shirt, on which dangles what appears to be a vaguely triangular piece of silver.  It is quickly replaced.
"I don't know whether this is what I feel it may be...But it feels like what I think it is."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:17:42 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 12, 2015, 04:18:00 pm »

"Huh, I knew they could do that-my mentor's a Dragon, after all-but not they could...well, you know.

You know, it's not unlikely I could help you with some answers...I mean, have you ever tried asking one of them? What do you know so far?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 12, 2015, 04:23:58 pm »

"Not all that much.   Not even names.  There was some sort of lead, but to be honest, I've been chasing ghosts of ghosts around.  I don't even know when the dragon was, in my ancestry."
((So, GM or other belored figure:Is it possible that there was a dragon parent?))
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 12, 2015, 04:32:01 pm »

((OOC: If you're half Dragon, it implies one of your parents and/or ancestors was very likely a Dragon. It's certainly possible.))

"Well, I guess you're in the right place to find some answers. We're bound to meet some more Dragon eventually...not all of em' friendly, sure..."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 12, 2015, 04:35:40 pm »

((I said mostly half-elf and then some bits dragon.  But yah.  Adrik doesn't actually know though.))
"Do we know who this Lennithon the Blue is, by the way?  The one who attacked this place."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:52:48 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 12, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »

"Know him? No, not at all. He about ate Arwen whole and damn near burned the town down, but I can't say I was eager to know him personally, no..."

(Fix'd))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:45:28 pm by Dwarmin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 12, 2015, 04:58:40 pm »

Arwen:
"I'll give her the proper Buckman's treatment. Any upgrades you'd like on her? As for the shield, aye, it's a good piece. Twenty gold."

All:
The wizardess, priest and sorcerer head to the town's smith, who Arwen is already speaking with. The forge is burning again, and a human smith is standing in the center of a sort of controlled chaos; over half-a-dozen young apprentice smiths are swarming everywhere, hammering out tools and weapons, repairing the storefront, sharpening finished products, and stoking the fires.
After a moment, the smith notices Johanna, and calls out, "Hail, dwarf. How did that helm do ye? What can I do for you and yer friends today?"

Adrik:
(Intelligence check: 3+1)
Adrik knows that when the mother of a child is a dragon, the child is always a dragon. When the mother is a normal humanoid, the child is simply a normal humanoid.
Dragonborn are the scions of a group of dragons that were cast down, doomed to lose their immortal power. Half-dragons are simply specially eugenically bred Dragonborn, where their dragon-blood is has been concentrated to a point where they are almost like what the children of a dragon would be, if the world worked like that.
Adrik's father was probably Dragonborn, or the son of one.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 12, 2015, 05:06:57 pm »

((Okay, was that actually a success?  And what's the actual lore?))
Adrik is speaking with a dwarvish accent again.
"I'm looking f'r a good solid hammer to bludgeon things with.  Two-hand'r."

Adrik, thinking on how little he knows, thinks he ought to read up on the, uh, biology of his probably ancestry.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:32:34 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 12, 2015, 05:10:25 pm »

"The Helm worked perfectly, smith. I'll cover the costs for my friend..."

Action: Johanna put her own knowledge (nature or arcana?) to the task, btw. Mystery!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 12, 2015, 05:23:17 pm »

((Nature, I think, because I get +3 to Arcana.  But I think dragons ARE Arcana...))
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 12, 2015, 05:49:25 pm »

Adrik:
"Aye, I can get ya a big hammer. How's a maul sound?" The smith hefts a large hammer on a long shaft, and hands it to Adrik, shaft first.
"Give 'er a few swings, see how it sits in yer hands."
Adrik knows that he could find more information in the libraries of Baldur's Gate, or any other major city. Often times, the major cities of the Sword Coast are home to a small handful of dragons.

Johanna:
"Glad to hear both those things."
(Intelligence check: 8+4)
Normally, whenever a dragon has a child with a normal humanoid, they bear a half-dragon. There are exceptions to the rule, of course. Johanna's actually met a few half-dragons briefly, when they came to visit their mother, Sheila.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 12, 2015, 05:50:51 pm »

Adrik does, indeed, test it.  He also inspects the craftsmanship.  You know, because he does have smithing skill.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 94