Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119972 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude: Breakfast
« Reply #540 on: November 10, 2015, 06:19:35 pm »

Mirella bowed politely to the monk and his companion.  "Greetings."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 10, 2015, 06:20:07 pm »

((What does Rex look like?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 10, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »

((By the way, Adrik spoke to the party.  I don't know if anyone cares to respond though.))
((E:Augh, sorry, doublepost.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 10, 2015, 06:27:20 pm »

Rex is a large lizard-like creature.
Spoiler: Looks a bit like this: (click to show/hide)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:05 pm »

Rex is Arwen's new best friend.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 10, 2015, 06:52:28 pm »

((We're sharing character descriptions, yay! For reference, Johanna looks like this.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"So, ye're th' adventurers.
I've heard much of ye."

"Oh, ye have? And what matter of creature are you?" Johanna said with noble authority, hefting her hammer slightly. Her first thought was he was some sort of Drow, though the description didn't exactly match what she knew of them. Then again, while she hadn't met one personally...her parents had told her sorts of horrible stories about them...pale skin...pale hair...evil, nasty Dark Elves, who lived underground and worshiped beetles or something...

"He's a friend o' yours, Leosin? He looks kind a'funny to me..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 10, 2015, 07:44:47 pm »

"Ach, mostly half-elf, some bits dragon, but really, I haen't much clue.  Both o' me parents were dead afore I knew 'em.
If ye're wond'rin, ' was raised by shield dwarves, up in th' mountains."

((Drow?  Pale?))
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 10, 2015, 08:07:11 pm »

"Ach, mostly half-elf, some bits dragon, but really, I haen't much clue.  Both o' me parents were dead afore I knew 'em.
If ye're wond'rin, ' was raised by shield dwarves, up in th' mountains."

((Drow?  Pale?))

((OOC: I've seen Drizzt portrayed as pale on the covers of the novels I've read. Which I assume is because he has lived above ground for a few hundred years, and I figured that's what most people assume a Drow looks like, based on his description-he's the only Drow most people would know. At least those who have not met his kind up close! Which, is really very few people.))

"Hrm, that's an odd story...I took you for one of them...shadow Elves. Nevermind...

Can I ask where you hail from? My family had roots in Citadel Adbar, up in the North-but we've not been back in a long time...Johanna Stonesthrow's, my name. I don't suppose you know any of my kin?"
She ask dubiously. There were a lot of Stonesthrows, mostly known to be miners and the sort.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 10, 2015, 08:14:31 pm »

"Nae, I'm not a drow, that much I know for sure.
... Ach, s'possible, but I've been away a while and I was ne'er all tha' social.  Spent a lot o' time away from th' town proper. 
...' was always th'  strange one...

Adrik drifts off for a second.  The memories do not appear to be happy ones.

Citadel Adbar?  Aye.  'm from th'  other one, me'sel.  Felbarr."
((Edit:Thankye.))
((Also-edit:I have done more talkings.))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:46:06 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 11, 2015, 06:07:02 pm »

Adrik shakes his head as if to indicate that this diversion is over for now.
"... Ach, enough about me, you all have somethin' t' do, or t' talk about, 'm sure."
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 11, 2015, 10:51:37 pm »

Adrik:
The monk responds, with eyebrows raised, "I'm surprised that it's me, not the fact that a dragon attacked, or that the town was raided by cultists."

All:
With introductions made, Leosin interrupts. "By chance, Adrik, are you for hire? You look like you can handle yourself in a fight. I was just about to ask these ladies and gentleman for a favor." The monk turns back to the aforementioned ladies and gentleman, and says, "After all you've done already for Greenest, I hate to ask anything more from you. But hte need is great, and I dare to hope that you can aid me one time more. I need you to return o the cultists' camp. You know your way around it by now. If the cultists are preparing another raid, or a large body of them marches away, or if anything substantial is carried into or out of that cave, I need to know. If you have the chance to get into the camp and look around again, that would be the ideal way to spot anything that's changed. I will offer a hundred and fifty gold a piece."
With a wry smile, he adds, "I don't recommend letting yourselves get captured."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 11, 2015, 10:55:44 pm »

Arwen chuckles and nods. "If nothing else, I'll go. I'm looking forward to finishing up. Besides, she didn't stop me when she had the chance, and I'm gonna make her pay for it. I'd like to improve my sword though, I feel like mine's going to fall apart." He grins, itching for this challenge. He wanted answers. Why had a dragon attacked a place like this? What was the ritual Cyanwarth was performing for? What did Tiamat have to do with all of this? He was going to find out, one way or another.

After the group finishes with Leosin, Arwen hits the town looking for some better equipment. His rookie guard gear won't last another battle at this rate.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 11, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »

"Second most, I say.  The whole cult and dragon and adventurers saving the town are all in first place.

====

I would be interested in such.  The question of how to go about it, though...Could just sneak in in the chaos.

Then again, they'll be on high alert.  And I don't have any disguise.  Plus I stick out like a sore thumb.

I don't suppose you all have a plan for this?

====

...I, too, could use a better weapon than a hand-axe.  Alas.  Money I haven't."

Adrik's accent has changed again.  It sounds rather erudite.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:39:19 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude
« Reply #553 on: November 12, 2015, 12:00:24 am »

Arwen:
Arwen wanders over towards the town's smithy. There, he is greeted by a shop that's starting to get back on its feet. The forge is burning again, and a human smith is standing in the center of a sort of controlled chaos; over half-a-dozen young apprentice smiths are swarming everywhere, hammering out tools and weapons, repairing the storefront, sharpening finished products, and stoking the fires. After a moment, the smith sees Arwen, and wades out through the tide of production to speak to him.
"Hail, stranger. Aren't you one of the adventurers? Either way, what can I do for you today?"

Adrik:
Adrik heard about a mass-grave where all the dead raiders were dragged into. Perhaps there will be some robes in there.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: Interlude
« Reply #554 on: November 12, 2015, 12:02:24 am »

Arwen grins, extending his hand. "Arwen Dunwood, at your service. I'm looking for a bit of a boost in my arsenal. Was wondering if you had any good armor for sale, and how good your blades are. I'd prefer to have mine reforged into a mightier weapon, but I fear I lack the time." He casts an eye about the shop, also looking for a shield or anything else useful.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 94